How do you guys avoid razor bumps?

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
Im pretty new @ this face shaving stuff and well i rather not shave to avoid nasty bumps, but its starting to look shaggy.

Normal razors?? Electric razors??? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

96 cobra

Established Member
I only use a razor every few days (electric otherwise).
Always wait until the end of a shower, after the water's softened up the hair.

Start by shaving 'with the grain', then if needed do a second pass against the grain.
I've never found an advantage from using shave gels, I just use soap.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Hot water when you shave. I have used disposable and now my Gillette Power Proglide (thanks to SVTP) with no bumps.

Coworkers use the electric razors bare with no issues either.

Fuerza

Established Member
Use a quality brush to apply lather to your face, then shave while taking a hot shower. Change your blade often to.

96 cobra

Established Member
In terms of electric, I've never had good results with norelco circular-type shavers, the braun/remington foil type give a much closer shave; although eventually the foil surface will wear & rupture.

escogt

Ford MOTORSPORT
Established Member
Hot shower shave with a Gillette Mach III razor. Been doing that for many years without trouble.

Dragu1a

Established Member
despite what the commercials tell you, the gillette super shaver 18 blade razor, will only irritate your skin. a 2 or 3 blade is fine.

hot shower, good lather and smooth swipes going with the grain.

blades can be expensive, so learning a few tricks will save you some $. like knowing that blades don't become dull from shaving...it's from the water drying on the edge and leaving deposits. to prevent this you can either give your blade a quick rinse in rubbing alcohol when you're finished or store your razor upside down so the water doesn't run towards the edge of the blade.

also, check out Men's Razors, Buy Razor Blades Online | Dollar Shave Club not only is there commercial hilarious, it's a really good deal and can save you some cash on blades.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
blades can be expensive, so learning a few tricks will save you some $. like knowing that blades don't become dull from shaving...it's from the water drying on the edge and leaving deposits. to prevent this you can either give your blade a quick rinse in rubbing alcohol when you're finished or store your razor upside down so the water doesn't run towards the edge of the blade.

also, check out Men's Razors, Buy Razor Blades Online | Dollar Shave Club not only is there commercial hilarious, it's a really good deal and can save you some cash on blades.

Thats what I have been doing. I have had the same blade for months now, still sharp (Shave every other day).

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
I think everyones face is different. Just gotta find what works for you bro. The better and newer the blades the more my face likes it.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Electric razor FTW. If I shave with a disposable razor it irritates my skin pretty bad after a couple days. With the electric razor I can wake up in the morning, roll off my bed and start shaving without any water or shaving cream. I can get a little more sleep before getting to first formation lol!

The electric razors are a ****ing god send in the field too. Nothing worse then waking up on a frigid morning and trying to shave with a disposable razor, splashing cold water on my dirty, gritty face and cutting up my skin.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The electric razors are a ****ing god send in the field too. Nothing worse then waking up on a frigid morning and trying to shave with a disposable razor, splashing cold water on my dirty, gritty face and cutting up my skin.

Goes into the field, forgets charger. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

203Cree

Established Member
I use Edge Sensitive Skin with Aloe to shave, followed up with Nivea for Men Post Shave Balm.

You'll notice that over time, your face will adjust to shaving all the time and the irritation will reduce a bit. That post shave balm is a life saver though, and it smells good. And it keeps your skin soft, which the bitches love, so it's a win win really.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I used to shave every day and now shave about every two. When I had to every day I used that "Lectra Shave" stuff in the green bottle with a good razor. Use very warm water and it also acts as a mild after shave. Never had any issues with bumps.

Funny thing is I think it's a "lubricant" for electric razors but it worked dam well with a traditional one.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
i use a razor at the beginning of the week then switch to electric for the rest and i dont shave on my days off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread