How do I to remove the Terminator Spoiler

Banshee06

Established Member
I am trying to remove the Terminator rear spoiler I have all the bolts out.
But I think the Trunk lock is still holding it on, does anyone know how to remove and reinstall it when I put it back on?
Thanks for the help.

Banshee06

Established Member
It looks like there is just one rivet, if I drill it out would I reattach it when I put it back together?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a very helpful PDF file, Bill. Thanks for posting it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Might talk to @Black Gold 380R he had found a good replacement for the spoiler seal.

EDITED....

Thanks Mike...…. I removed the rear spoiler on my vert to paint it and then reinstalled it.

Here are my points based on this thread:

1. You do NOT need to remove the trunk lock.
2. You do NOT need to drill out any rivets.
3. The PDF posted is pretty much how it's done.

After the bolts are removed and the third brake light connector is disconnected and the third brake light itself is removed (I removed my third brake light to keep it from getting damaged); the spoiler is still attached by double sided stick tape AND a couple of plastic push clips. You will need to apply pressure in the form of an outward motion to release the double side stick tape and to "pop" off the plastic push clips.

The push pins are on the third brake light side of the spoiler and pushed in to the deck lid.

Take your time and go slow. However, it does take effort to remove it once the bolts and third brake light are out.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay,

I found a picture of the underside of my spoiler.

Here you can see the 2 plastic clips on the third brake light side and are pushed into the deck lid.

So, you will have to pull out on the spoiler to release the clips and then lift up to remove the spoiler to have the studs clear the deck lid.

SVT Cobra Spoiler.JPG

Here is a picture of the PDF file posted above.
SVT Cobra Spoiler 1.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
@03cobra#694

Not sure if this is feasible, but I would suggest the mods change the title of this thread to "How to remove the Cobra spoiler" for search purposes in the future. Don't think many will search trunk lock in order to find out how to remove the spoiler. Just a thought ;)……...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
@03cobra#694

Not sure if this is feasible, but I would suggest the mods change the title of this thread to "How to remove the Cobra spoiler" for search purposes in the future. Don't think many will search trunk lock in order to find out how to remove the spoiler. Just a thought ;)……...
I changed it Glenn. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread