How do I tell my wife

Elliotness

Established Member
I know I should give her the keys and trust her. After all it is just a car.

I know I should let her drive while I'm gone. It is just a car.

I know I should tell her the truth. It is just a car.

BUT DAYEM, I think I'm owed a little selfishness on this one occassion. I have wanted a pony car since high school Ford/GM no matter. Just so happens Ford built a monster... I have been without a personal car for about two years. I can't complain though the comapany provides a take home car.

Hammer

Established Member
Alright, this is getting old.

You don't want to hurt her...you don't want to lie to her...you don't want her driving the car...

You are more indecisive than a woman!

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

:shrug:

Ktee's Stang

SVT Poster
Established Member
Been married 30 years this December. One lesson I learned a long time ago is to always tell the truth. Like Mark Twain said, you have to have an awfully good memory to lie; it's just too much trouble. Be honest with her. Tell her that she means more to you than the car, but you don't want her to drive the car until you get back. And that's the end of it. She may get mad, but it's better than making up something, and getting found out later.

Listen to this guy... I haven't been married as long as him.. but you do learn a bit in 13 years. Honesty is always the best policy..I'm picking my black 03 tomorrow. My husband had a chance to drive it before me..he said no way..this is YOUR baby..later maybe.
good luck to you,
Ktee

Hammer

Established Member
Hi, Ktee. No offense meant with that "indecisive as a woman" comment.

You know...guys...testosterone...lack of IQ...

Elliotness

Established Member
Well I feel better.

I just told her I don't want her driving my car while I'm gone.

She really had no response.... hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm. Said she wanted to see a movie.

Later.

Hammer

Established Member
Originally posted by Elliotness
Well I feel better.

Later.

She's going out to f@ck a guy who will let her drive his car. J/K

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Well I feel better.

Later.

Doh! Roses tomorrow. :)

03DOHC

Established Member
Do just like I did. Be honest and don't lie. Repeat after me. Honey, you are not going to drive this car. See how easy that was!?

03DOHC

Established Member
Oops. Missed that you told her. Guess that's what I get for getting up in the middle of typing. DOH!

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
This thread makes me so glad that my wonderful wife
1. can't drive a stick and
2. Has NO desire to learn. :beer: :beer: :loser:

Elliotness

Established Member
Update guys and gals... Check this out. My wife, not known for being subtle, gave me some very nice anniversary presents.

1) Silicone car duster (picks up dust without scratching)

2) Gorrilla grip car security bar

3) Chamois

4) Car cover

5) EHHH hemmmm.

She then says subtly, "Cover the car before you leave, I don't want it to get dusty while you're gone." Guess it didn't hurt that she got a gold bracelet and roses.

kino

Established Member
Update guys and gals... Check this out. My wife, not known for being subtle, gave me some very nice anniversary presents.

1) Silicone car duster (picks up dust without scratching)

2) Gorrilla grip car security bar

3) Chamois

4) Car cover

5) EHHH hemmmm.

She then says subtly, "Cover the car before you leave, I don't want it to get dusty while you're gone." Guess it didn't hurt that she got a gold bracelet and roses.

Ah, jewerly and roses! Now thats what I call "a perfectly executed pyshological opertion." :thumbsup:

:beer:

Blades

Established Member
whats ur fax #. I'll start working out the divorce papers now.. just say "i have a bad feeling about it, its a new car and i dont want you to get hurt, trust my feelings"

Blades

Established Member
whats ur fax #. I'll start working out the divorce papers now.. just say "i have a bad feeling about it, its a new car and i dont want you to get hurt, trust my feelings"

0260B4U

Established Member
Heh. Well, Im not married yet by any means, Im only 20. My girlfriend of 5 months always wants to drive my car,and I tell her no. She actually told me at one point that she thinks I love my car more than her.

To make that story short, I told her that we arent married and my car doesnt have any intentions of breaking up with me if I do something stupid. I also said if she can run the 1/4 mile in 11 seconds that I would sell the car and give her 100% of my attention.

My mom and sister dont even dare to try and drive my car. I let my sister drive it twice, and she did well and loved it. They just know its my car, I work hard to keep it, and they respect that.

If I ever get married, I always tell myself the garage will be the biggest part of the house. Im gonna get the 3 car, and the wife can have the extra 4th stall.... the 3 car garage is gonna have its own fense and security system to keep the woman out.

Ive had to many of my vehicles messed up because of women being stupid... IE leaning on my car and putting scratches all over it.

Good job for telling your wife the truth, looks like she didnt care afterall!

C_Record

Established Member
Well I feel better.

Later.
Well, you do have some balls after all. That's the way to handle it:)

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
I realize the original intent of this thread is now overcome by events, but I find the talk of how we don't trust our women with our cars interesting. I have always been thrilled when a g/f or wife shows an interest in one of my hobbies. I have always wanted to go to a driving school (Bondurant, BMW's M course, etc.) and what better way to enjoy it than do it with your significant other? That way you both have a fun, bonding experience and both walk away with useable skills for handling high performance cars.

I have a different approach. With my Saleen (my first real hipo car), I was always trying to get the girl I was with to drive it. They would always say no. I wanted them to know why I enjoyed the car so much. It kind of takes the mystery out of it and lets her realize it isn't more important. Maybe it was reverse psychology that kept them saying no. I am still careful about who I let drive and only two people (not counting dealership bubbas) have been allowed to drive it w/o me in the passenger seat -- that would be my dad and my brother.

I just hope my next lady friend wants to go to Bondurant's school with me.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread