How do i get more outta my whipple.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I have a 2nd gen whipple with the 3.0 upper pulley and stock lower pullies. I drive the car only on weekends and would like to get more power outta her. What are my options? I perfer to keep the car on pump gas. Would a lower pulley set really make a difference? If so what kind of gains could i see? Would i need 101 octane? The car right now is set up at 17lb.
I also have a boost a pump w/wiring upgrade and 60lb injectors.
Thanks for the help.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Subscribing, as I'm running only 17 here and have the BAP and 60s
I know that you might need to upgrade to GT pumps if you want more than 630 HP, as I hear that's the max

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
623rwhp on a 17lb whipple setup seems high .. are you running longtubes?

i second the asking of the complete mod list...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
If you want more power out of the Whipple but prefer to keep the car on pump gas then you are shooting down your own idea.

Basically if you want to run power, you need to up the boost which if you did you really need to run higher octane to maximize the full effect.

Pump gas and higher psi DO NOT mix.

Hopefully that makes sense.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you want more power out of the Whipple but prefer to keep the car on pump gas then you are shooting down your own idea.

Basically if you want to run power, you need to up the boost which if you did you really need to run higher octane to maximize the full effect.

Pump gas and higher psi DO NOT mix.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I agree.

If you want more power Andy you will need more Octane. Plain and simple. That is your limiting factor.

A lower won't do much except give you a little more boost. (Which you can do by swapping to a 2.75 upper) But you will still need more octane to support the extra boost.

Normally with a 3.0 upper and stock lower you would see 19 psi, but with the elevation in Santa Fe it probably lowers that a bit.

You could always spray it with a small shot. :shrug:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I agree.

If you want more power Andy you will need more Octane. Plain and simple. That is your limiting factor.

A lower won't do much except give you a little more boost. (Which you can do by swapping to a 2.75 upper) But you will still need more octane to support the extra boost.

Normally with a 3.0 upper and stock lower you would see 19 psi, but with the elevation in Santa Fe it probably lowers that a bit.

You could always spray it with a small shot. :shrug:

Makes sense Kevin. Im still having tuning issues and figure since im going to have to pay for another tune might as well add some more goodies to the car. As for mod list the car has Bassani mid-lengths full exhuast and whipple @17lbs 3.0 upper stock lower and K&N Intake Accufab SBTB and 60lb injectors along with boost-a-pump. Thanks

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Makes sense Kevin. Im still having tuning issues and figure since im going to have to pay for another tune might as well add some more goodies to the car. As for mod list the car has Bassani mid-lengths full exhuast and whipple @17lbs 3.0 upper stock lower and K&N Intake Accufab SBTB and 60lb injectors along with boost-a-pump. Thanks
The headers also lower boost but 17 psi is all I would go with 91 octane.

Too bad you don't have E85 there. You could really turn it up then!

It's tough to make big power with your elevation and low octane.

Users who are viewing this thread