How did Gen-X stay out of race issues…

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Lmao. That is so true and kindle of funny. My thoughts exactly minus the hat and bandana…

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Right... but. ... bandana AND a snapback?
Roc_Pile
jroc.jpeg

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
Lets look at some of the most popular TV shows of the day Fresh Prince of Bell air , The Cosby Show, The Jefferson's , ever Sanford and Son ...Then look at the music it was the start of rap back when it was fun not what it is today, being a gen X we did not give a rats ass about the color of your skin, if you were a person I like we hang if you were an asshole we did not and the color of your skin had ZERO bearing on that.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Social media and also the indoctrination of kids in school have contributed to this younger generation having so many issues. What generation of people are behind the push to indoctrinate these kids is what I am wondering.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just like the guy in the video, Gen X was the start of the whole white and black societal crossover. White guys trying to act like gangsters was always a joke but that generation was the ones who embraced black culture first and that was the extent of race relations I feel. No one cared about anything else otherwise. I grew up in a skating rink where sessions were majority mixed race and throughout the 90s and early 2000s it was awesome because now I can't even imagine what it would be like with all these idiots screaming racism. Every now and then we would kick out a few black kids for fighting and they would call us racists because they were being punished but it was never taken seriously and there was no threat of a follow up from a human rights organization like you would probably be concerned about now.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I can throw my cents in here. I graduated high school in 1990, my dad was in the service so I grew up with all races (white, black, brown and everything in between). Everything was pretty cool until the late 80s. A lot of the black guys were getting much more militant about being black and what it entailed. I don't think it was coincidence that this is when rap music exploded, the gangster lifestyle was being glorified and black sports stars were becoming cultural icons. We had our share of white guys/girls who thought they related to blacks more than whites. I can only imagine this got 10x worse with social media and the propaganda hate speech my the msm.

Users who are viewing this thread