How are my numbers....

Apexslider

Established Member
the cars an 03, very lightly modded. the mod list includes Spec 3+ clutch, K&N FIPK, 3" cat back, 2.76 billet flow pulley with idlers/tensioner, its also got the billet flow IRS brace and MM IRS bushings but those done help on the dyno. I'm at 435hp and 453tq. The Af's are in the 12's across the board. How does this sound to you experienced guys? I heard guys on here say they were getting more with the same set up.... I'm still happy though, the car hauls ass!

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Apexslider said:
the cars an 03, very lightly modded. the mod list includes Spec 3+ clutch, K&N FIPK, 3" cat back, 2.76 billet flow pulley with idlers/tensioner, its also got the billet flow IRS brace and MM IRS bushings but those done help on the dyno. I'm at 435hp and 453tq. The Af's are in the 12's across the board. How does this sound to you experienced guys? I heard guys on here say they were getting more with the same set up.... I'm still happy though, the car hauls ass!
What exactly does in the 12's mean? Sounds a little iffy.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
12's is scary high. 12.0:1 should be the highest. Mine is tuned to 11.5 to be safe. That's lean. On borrowed time with that afr. Then again aren't we all to some extent?

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
just a little low, what dyno? bmy a/f is 11.8 straight across, anything above 12.0 is to lean in my opinion

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
if you run good gas, you can do low 12's w/o issue
but for this car, sounds like a daily driver.....i'd richen it up and maybe give it a little timing, that could be why the power is down

Apexslider

Established Member
I'm running stock midpipe, and to be honest I'm not sure of the tune. When I got the pulley I also got a Diablosport Predator, I wasn't there when it went on the dyno and I haven't plugged the programmer in for my self to see what ever it is you can see. There also lies the other problem, I have no clue how to use the programmer! I haven't looked at any instructions yet, but I'm taking it with me to the track tomorrow night becasue I don't like af's in the 12's. My last forced induction car I had down in the low 11's and felt safe, these 12's make me nervous.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
your torque is a bit low and like these fine gentlemen mentioned, 12.x A/F is flirting with disaster.

fatten it up to 11.5-8 you might lose a couple of ponies but its better than buying a motor.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LTHL VNM said:
if you run good gas, you can do low 12's w/o issue
but for this car, sounds like a daily driver.....i'd richen it up and maybe give it a little timing, that could be why the power is down
I agree. Mine was in the 11.5 range and I was very pleased.

Although his number are a bit low for the combo, I'd definitely check on the timing. Refine the tune a bit and you should pick up some power/torque. Definitely refine the A/F. I would not run it daily that lean. JMO.

Apexslider, can you post the dyno sheet?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
If you were on a Mustang (or any Eddy Current) dyno, I would say those #'s are dead on. Either way, I would make sure the car is custom tuned and not running on a predator canned tune. Just my .02.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Put the timing at 20 or 21 degrees and get that a/f ratio 11.5 to 11.8 tops and you'll be fine from there!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Those numbers are low by about 30rwhp. I didn't see any mention of a CAI/RAI are you running one?

Apexslider

Established Member
^^^ Thanks

Posi - Once I figure out how to use the programmer I will change those settings and see what it does.

And it was done on a Dynojet, and I think it is the canned tune....

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Apexslider said:
^^^ Thanks

Posi - Once I figure out how to use the programmer I will change those settings and see what it does.

And it was done on a Dynojet, and I think it is the canned tune....

That makes sense, the canned tune is terrible. At least buy an email tune, I bet you'll pick up those 20-30 horses without even dynoing.

Users who are viewing this thread