how about some general respect

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Well it seams that now the :bs: get posted on two web sites instead one just one?

Do you think your making it better or just adding to the flames?

Your call :bash:

Jim, don't sit on the fence all the time! Tell us what you REALLY think! And seams is spelled SEEMS. :)

Last edited:

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Nope!

TooManyFords said:
Jim, don't sit on the fence all the time! Tell us what you REALLY think! And seams is spelled SEEMS. :)

John no fence sitting on my part.

As for seams I did do that on purpose:)

A little humor. You know coming apart at the seams?

Any way I still find it perplexing that it has spilled over to another web site?

I guess when all is said and done more will be said that done? :bash:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Well it seams that now the :bs: get posted on two web sites instead one just one?

Do you think your making it better or just adding to the flames?

Your call :bash:

Well Jim, you are damned if you try to make it better, and you are damned if you try to fan the flames. Some of us are trying to bring things under control, and it seems that folks take shots at those trying to make it better. Fortunately I can voice my opinion on this bullshit being posted here and not worry about being censored. I think my feelings on this matter are pretty much self explanitory. If anyone doesnt understand my post, I will ask my two year old to put it in Seseme Street level language for everyone. Its been a pain trying to be fair to all vendors and members in setting things up for MVIII, all im asking is for a little restraint and self respect. MVIII is in my backyard, my house, and that isnt how we do things up here. Around here im the big dog, and this big dog wants everyone to have a great time and enjoy themselves! I hope people can respect that stance.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Here is the obvious:

This is another example of a thread that started bad with people ranting who were able to "fight through" it without being shut down.

That is general respect.

Bravo

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Congrats!!!!

Stevenerard, I would first like to say congrats on your new S/C Marauder kit.

I hope you enjoy it for along time.

We all make choices on what S/C kits we want for our cars for one reason or another.

People might not agree with the choice but should respect that choice.

I am glad everyone does not have a Procharger kit on there Marauder.

What fun would that be.

It's hard to beleive that we have as many S/C kits for our cars that we do.

I think alot of people are saying shit about kits that they no nothing about.

I feel if most people did not say anything about a S/C kit that they have never driven that there would be alot less said because most people have not driven what they are bashing.

I don't care what kit anyone here buys but don't bash em if you have not driven em!

stevengerard said:
my first post which I am hesitant to even do.

I have a few issues that I'd like to voice

I have never tried a procharger kit but I'm sure it would be great.
I have driven a Trilogy and it was great
I have driven a Kenny Brown (my favorite so far because of all around performance)
I own a DR Vortec and I think it is great

But some of you guys just like to piss into the wind. I read in one thread that "we should have a truce and blow the "other choice away"" That would be me. Why can't I be your freinds just because I have a Vortec.

I have dealt with many vendors for the MM, I appreciate being able to speak about your satisfaction or lack there of with them. What most of you doing the complaining don't get is that these people run a business and mistakes happen. Bad news travels much faster and farther than good news. That's not to say you shouldn't mention when things go wrong. I have had issues with Dennis and minor ones with Lidio (who is treated like a god on MM.net) Guess what! They both have done what they needed to in order to make things right. I am sure Gregg will do that as well. Though sometimes certain customers will never be made happy.

I also don't think comments about the "metal shack" SCT has their office in is relevant. I know nothing about them but who are you to comment about what their rent is like or expenses etc, maybe they are trying to keep costs under control smart choice to me. I am willing to bet many of you who complain the loudest have never run a business on your own, let alone started one. Have any of you quit a job and risked everything to start up a company? If you have I bet you are the ones who use your best judgement when commenting on others.

I posted on MMnet my results of Lidio's dyno tune, the torque curve was awesome and the hp was 476. Now I know that 476 is peak and that with all the supercharged cars out there (propbably well over 250 by now) 476 isn't as big of deal as it used to be. But go check my post, not one Trilogy person said congrats, not one. I am exstatic for any one who chooses any S/C as it either means that much to them or they have enough disposable income to do it, both are to be commended. Only BigSlim said anything and at the time he wasn't supercharged. And for you Motown boys just ask Lidio he seemed pretty darn happy with my car.

Also he monitored the trans, even with a 3500 RPM stall he said the temps were fine. He was going to put another cooler on it but decided it wasn't necessary. Maybe because I have an '04 or maybe I'm lucky.

You can hate the choice I made, even disagree with it, but at least respect it. On top of it remember that Jerry, Lidio, Dennis and Gregg are all trying to run a business. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to a certain standard but it does mean they go through a heck of a lot more then most people do, who at the end of the day get a check that someone else signs!

Remember the Web has no tone check! Some of you - and you know who (well, maybe not becuase after more than a year of reading your posts you still sound like juveniles) - make it sound that if its not done like you its wrong - no its not - its just different.

MarauderMike

Established Member
We all need to remember that the Vendors have respected us by spending their time, talent and workmanship into developing some great products for a very limited production vehicle, it would seem to me that we should return the respect without hesitation and with dignity. The Vendors are the key to any future Marauderville plans not only for this year but in years to come.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Yes!

MarauderMike said:
The Vendors are the key to any future Marauderville plans not only for this year but in years to come.

Problem is until members actually work on planing they do understand this one easy/complex point!

MikesMerc

Established Member
Yep, that's exactly what Dave and I are talking about. And not only do we threaten our current vendor support by acting like a bunch of idiots, but we jeopardize the possibility of NEW vendors as well.

For those who may not be aware, our club is courting some seriously MAJOR vendor sponsorship for the national club. We have a real shot at it too....if we don't throw it all away:(

EDIT- Again, we're NOT talking about censorship here. If you had a bad vendor experience...talk about it, that's fine. If you had a good experience, talk about that too. What we are talking about is the dowright viscious attacks on one another that seem to never end. The incessant arguing and bashing that only makes our national club look like idiots.

We're NOT asking for censorship, just a bit of maturity and self restraint when we discuss our pleasure and displeasure with products and vendors.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I'm ashamed....at myself too!

Here we go again. Not one, but 2 simultaneous supercharging threads on that other board.....same old talk, by mostly the same old people.

Who cares what blower type is on a car? I hung out last night and again today with a good friend who owns a Trilogy, and as usual we cross drove each other's cars and spoke as interested car owners about the plus's and minus's off each others kit.

There are several of us who have a lot to be ashamed about with the over the top pandering/representation of our kits, myself included! And it is still going on.

I'll say it plain and simple: that other board is dominated by a series of people who should be more interested in helping out other car owners than over the top pushing of a product, mine is better nonsense, your kit is not as good as my kit. And while some do it with plain old masking and slyness, it is easy to read between the lines and see what the person is really saying.

I am glad that owners in FL get along well and seem for the most part to put this nonsense aside when we hang out together. And truth be told, noone does it better than Claude, Carfixer, even though he owns a Trilogy, and installs that kit and Procharger too! He has seen both kits in action, driven both, wrenched on both, and knows more about both than all of us blowmouths put together. But you don't see him mouthing off through the boards about his kit just because he owns one himself. He is in this for the shear joy off liking cars and helps any of us at all times, even advice with Vortech owners. A few of us could learn a lot from Carfixer!

I know who I am, and you guys know who you are, we should all be ashamed of ourselves!

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
ok everyone get in here for big group hug........get in here Tmaac

*smooch* :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Why would I want to "congratulate" you if I think that you've made an inferior choice? That would be insincere on my part. But that doesn't mean that we cannot be friends, nor that we cannot get along well with eachother. If you're happy with your choice, then that's all that really matters since it's your money, and your car.

If you were to ever call me up or send me a PM asking me for my opinions or for advice on drag radials, ring & pinion gear installation procedures and choices, exhaust installation procedures, etc, I would still go out of my way to supply you with the most information that I possibly can despite the fact that I think your choice of supercharger is inferior.

And the fact is that I have went out of my way to help out owners of centrifugal supercharger equipped Marauders, just as others have gone out of their way to help me in the past. I'm also on very friendly terms with some of the centrifugal equipped Marauder owners such as Marauder Mark and HWYCruiser. But that doesn't mean that I've ever congratulated them on their choice of superchargers. Apparently they don't need for me to congratulate them on their supercharger choice nor agree with them about that, in order to remain on good terms with me. It's just a car. And there's more to people than just their cars. Atleast with some there is. With some others, I wonder about.

Last edited:

Smokie

Established Member
Billy, you could find a way to congratulate a friend for going from N/A to S/C and be sincere about it even if he chose a kit different than yours. Congratulating a fellow member for getting S/C'ed would not require you to be insincere.

You don't need to tell him that he made a better choice than you...if you were to simply say "congratulations, you will love the extra power". You could say that in complete sincerity, you are not endorsing one product as being better or telling him that you approve of his choice...you are just being friendly.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Smokie said:
Billy, you could find a way to congratulate a friend for going from N/A to S/C and be sincere about it even if he chose a kit different than yours. Congratulating a fellow member for getting S/C'ed would not require you to be insincere.

You don't need to tell him that he made a better choice than you...if you were to simply say "congratulations, you will love the extra power". You could say that in complete sincerity, you are not endorsing one product as being better or telling him that you approve of his choice...you are just being friendly.
That's true Javier, although I can't help but to feel that someone else reading a post that contained a congratulation would be under the impression that I happen to like that other person's choice. Either way though, it's no biggie I guess. I just don't think that someone should take it to heart, nor take it personally if "no Trilogy oners" congratulate him for choosing a centrifugal S/Cer as was stated in this thread. Because that doesn't neccessarily mean that we don't think that the person in question is a great guy.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
Guys, is this a beef between TMAC and GMAN? You must respect each other alot if you're not being specific who you're griping about.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
DJP said:
Guys, is this a beef between TMAC and GMAN? You must respect each other alot if you're not being specific who you're griping about.
I dunno about what TMAC has stated, but nothing I've stated refers to him specifically. And whatever the case, I care not what he says about me.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
If you were to ever call me up or send me a PM asking me for my opinions or for advice on drag radials, ring & pinion gear installation procedures and choices, exhaust installation procedures, etc, I would still go out of my way to supply you with the most information that I possibly can despite the fact that I think your choice of supercharger is inferior.

Billy, plain and simple, your one of the guys I'm talking about. You never stop. Same old nonsense for just about 3 years now, I can just about quote you, except for the fact that my memory does not stretch on and on and on and on..... And I even think you post some good information once and awhile, but it is very rare from your long winded blatherings, and I guess I have been guilty of that in the past, but not nearly to the extent you have been.

You can blather about on and on, at least us guys in FL are more respectful to each other. After seeing my car in action, or driving it, those guys would never be so disrespectful to make false implications about what a Procharger kit is capable or incapable of, but oh that's right, you have never seen or driven a Procharger car so it's the usual nonsense again and again. I at least have respect for your choice and have driven multiple Trilogy cars now. I don't diss other owners for their choice or the minus's of that choice, because not one of the kits out there is perfect in all areas.

I hate to burst your bubble, but your kit is not the kit of all kit's, neither is mine, sorry to upset you, but you do not seem to know any better.

You think the Procharger kit is inferior, well, it looks like you will be up against a Procharger car this fall, since you put it in those terms, let's see how it plays out. Maybe you'll have a little more respect for others when it is over with!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Like I've previously stated, I care not what you say about me since your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. You're merely a troublemaker and nothing more. The people I've helped out, know what I'm all about. I do think that it's rather amusing how you say that you treat people so well, when I've seen so many times how you've hammered Chuck on two different boards.......

But then you try and claim that it's all behind some laughs, however those laughs are always at other peoples' expense. So Puleeeze don't start preachin' mr preacher man. You and I apparently will never agree, so why bother with this, uh? I've had people write to me thanking me for my posts on both boards, but the great TMAC isn't satisfied with the length of my posts. Well, that really breaks my heart Mr. ego trip.

I should've left you on my "ignore" list. I guess I thought that perhaps you grew up, but I can see that I was dead wrong, so back you go on my ignore list for good. Say what you want. Your posts don't even make sense. You critisize me for something after fully admitting that you've been guilty of the same thing. So why even criticize? It's because you aren't content unless you stir up trouble, and you also have an axe to grind about the other board that you used to be on which I am still a part of.

You've bad mouthed Jerry Barnes , and his company for a long time now,simply because you couldn't afford his S/Cer kit, and so you cannot stand anyone speaking highly of his product, and since I am the most outspoken satisfied customer of his, you despise what I write about. Well that's just too bad. And there's nothing you can do about it. Live with it, and learn to deal with it. Trilogy Motorsports is going to be around for a long time, and as a very satisfied customer of theirs, all I have to say is more power to them, because they have a great product. That's my opinion,and I'm certainly not alone, since many others share that opinion, and if you don't like it, then that's just too bad. maybe some day you'll move on and grow up.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
Billy, I was not intending to get supercharged, but within the last few weeks, I have been seriously considering it. I'll wait till next summer because I want to give Procharger some market time and reviews. Also, I might consider turbo charging if someone comes out with a kit. We all know Trilogy is a proven kit.

However, TMAC has a valid point. If you have never driven a Procharger MM, how can you be so sure it's "inferior"? Just curious.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
stevengerard said:
Good for you if you meant competition as in other types of cars, but it wasn't clear - read my last part - there is no room for interpretation or tone check on the Web. And yes I completely mixed up the choice, and have told many people of my initial mistake. Though in the end when I was in Detroit I drove both types of S/Cs and was more than happy with my final desicion. Sometimes what one doesn't do or does by mistake turns out to be the better choice - at least I think it is for me.

Steven, the most important thing for you or anyone else is your personal choice. That is what I have said on this issue all along. I am happy with my choice and most people are happy with theirs. That is all that counts. Some people like to ram "their choice" down everyones throat. That is what I object to. In particluar guys that are looking to s/c their Marauder. My only thing is to be objective enough to take a ride in all of the s/c kits available. But some people on this and the other board have the mindset that their is no other choice but Triology. Trilogy is a great blower. No doubt about it. But so are the other choices as well. :beer:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
It is hard to see the big picture when your a player on the field. Now that I sit in the stands and look down it is easy to see who the jerks are. Keep up the good work Billy! :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread