how about some general respect

stevengerard

my first post which I am hesitant to even do.

I have a few issues that I'd like to voice

I have never tried a procharger kit but I'm sure it would be great.
I have driven a Trilogy and it was great
I have driven a Kenny Brown (my favorite so far because of all around performance)
I own a DR Vortec and I think it is great

But some of you guys just like to piss into the wind. I read in one thread that "we should have a truce and blow the "other choice away"" That would be me. Why can't I be your freinds just because I have a Vortec.

I have dealt with many vendors for the MM, I appreciate being able to speak about your satisfaction or lack there of with them. What most of you doing the complaining don't get is that these people run a business and mistakes happen. Bad news travels much faster and farther than good news. That's not to say you shouldn't mention when things go wrong. I have had issues with Dennis and minor ones with Lidio (who is treated like a god on MM.net) Guess what! They both have done what they needed to in order to make things right. I am sure Gregg will do that as well. Though sometimes certain customers will never be made happy.

I also don't think comments about the "metal shack" SCT has their office in is relevant. I know nothing about them but who are you to comment about what their rent is like or expenses etc, maybe they are trying to keep costs under control smart choice to me. I am willing to bet many of you who complain the loudest have never run a business on your own, let alone started one. Have any of you quit a job and risked everything to start up a company? If you have I bet you are the ones who use your best judgement when commenting on others.

I posted on MMnet my results of Lidio's dyno tune, the torque curve was awesome and the hp was 476. Now I know that 476 is peak and that with all the supercharged cars out there (propbably well over 250 by now) 476 isn't as big of deal as it used to be. But go check my post, not one Trilogy person said congrats, not one. I am exstatic for any one who chooses any S/C as it either means that much to them or they have enough disposable income to do it, both are to be commended. Only BigSlim said anything and at the time he wasn't supercharged. And for you Motown boys just ask Lidio he seemed pretty darn happy with my car.

Also he monitored the trans, even with a 3500 RPM stall he said the temps were fine. He was going to put another cooler on it but decided it wasn't necessary. Maybe because I have an '04 or maybe I'm lucky.

You can hate the choice I made, even disagree with it, but at least respect it. On top of it remember that Jerry, Lidio, Dennis and Gregg are all trying to run a business. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be held to a certain standard but it does mean they go through a heck of a lot more then most people do, who at the end of the day get a check that someone else signs!

Remember the Web has no tone check! Some of you - and you know who (well, maybe not becuase after more than a year of reading your posts you still sound like juveniles) - make it sound that if its not done like you its wrong - no its not - its just different.

F-16

Established Member
As I'm reading treads on this site I'm getting the Idea some of this is coming from the other site MM.net., which I went over too to check out. Maybe I got it back wards, but If a person is true friend or wants to be a friend it wouldn't really matter what type of mods either of you have.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
stevengerard said:
"we should have a truce and blow the "other choice away"" That would be me.

Me too! I have said the same thing!

stevengerard said:
But go check my post, not one Trilogy person said congrats, not one. I am exstatic for any one who chooses any S/C as it either means that much to them or they have enough disposable income to do it, both are to be commended. Only BigSlim said anything and at the time he wasn't supercharged.

I have given compliments to any and all. I must have missed your thread :shrug: .

stevengerard said:
You can hate the choice I made, even disagree with it, but at least respect it.

Bud, I dont care what S/C, nitrous system or if people runN/A . We all know the benefits and weaknesses of each set up.[/QUOTE]

stevengerard said:
Remember the Web has no tone check! Some of you - and you know who (well, maybe not becuase after more than a year of reading your posts you still sound like juveniles) - make it sound that if its not done like you its wrong - no its not - its just different.

Right on! :thumbsup:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
stevengerard said:
my first post which I am hesitant to even do.

I have a few issues that I'd like to voice

I have never tried a procharger kit but I'm sure it would be great.
I have driven a Trilogy and it was great
I have driven a Kenny Brown (my favorite so far because of all around performance)
I own a DR Vortec and I think it is great

But some of you guys just like to piss into the wind. I read in one thread that "we should have a truce and blow the "other choice away"" That would be me. Why can't I be your freinds just because I have a Vortec.
I made the post you were referring to and you know it. You got something to say to me? I'm right here. No need for vague references.

Which, by the way, are wholly inaccurate.

I said leave the "competition" in our dust. NOT "the other choice". You must view yourself as competition instead of a brother Marauder owner, why else would get this idea? Plenty of other Marauder owners have read that post and not interpreted it that way. You'll notice none of the KB owners took offense.

I also to go on and say that when I go to the track I want to see ALL of us lined up TOGETHER. Did I not? The reason i mentioned the Procharger guys by name is because that's who else was chiming in.

You also said you want me to respect your choice? Wasn't it you who ordered what he thought was a roots blower, only to find a Vortech in the box? Someone obviously talked you into something you had decided against, so tell me how much respect I should give your "choice".

stevengerard

Good for you if you meant competition as in other types of cars, but it wasn't clear - read my last part - there is no room for interpretation or tone check on the Web. And yes I completely mixed up the choice, and have told many people of my initial mistake. Though in the end when I was in Detroit I drove both types of S/Cs and was more than happy with my final desicion. Sometimes what one doesn't do or does by mistake turns out to be the better choice - at least I think it is for me.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
stevengerard said:
Good for you if you meant competition as in other types of cars, but it wasn't clear - read my last part - there is no room for interpretation or tone check on the Web. And yes I completely mixed up the choice, and have told many people of my initial mistake. Though in the end when I was in Detroit I drove both types of S/Cs and was more than happy with my final desicion. Sometimes what one doesn't do or does by mistake turns out to be the better choice - at least I think it is for me.

Unclear? I said "the competition".

You quoted me as "the other choice".

stevengerard

here is your quote "I begged you guys in e-mail and phone conversations not to let these wars happen. Nobody wins here. I said "when it comes to superchargers, let's have the Trilogy and Procharger guys team up and leave the competition in our dust"" Maybe an honest mistake as its not easy to remebr to make everyone happy by mentioning all options

So I took that as Vortec, I think that's plain and simple to see how I could read it as that way.

I actually was quite releived by your comment "not wanting brothers to be on oppopsite sides of the track" That's how I feel, I like all cars and I like all MMs.

I actually enjoy the healthy discussions about the differences in the kits, it helps us all. But you know as well as I do, it gets to be ridiculous and that's from the Vortec guys too.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
stevengerard said:
here is your quote "I begged you guys in e-mail and phone conversations not to let these wars happen. Nobody wins here. I said "when it comes to superchargers, let's have the Trilogy and Procharger guys team up and leave the competition in our dust"" Maybe an honest mistake as its not easy to remebr to make everyone happy by mentioning all options

So I took that as Vortec, I think that's plain and simple to see how I could read it as that way.

I actually was quite releived by your comment "not wanting brothers to be on oppopsite sides of the track" That's how I feel, I like all cars and I like all MMs.

I actually enjoy the healthy discussions about the differences in the kits, it helps us all. But you know as well as I do, it gets to be ridiculous and that's from the Vortec guys too.

If you had no trouble reading "not wanting brothers to be on opposite sides of the track", why couldn't you interpret the phrase "the competiton"? I am sorry you misunderstood me.

bigslim

Established Member
Steve, thanks for the mention. I try to congradulate everyone on their purchases. Even if I was supercharged then I would have done the same. I have seen all the kits run with the exception of the Procharger and think they all are great kits. Some people look for different things they want out of their kits. That is why we have choices. I will continue to say "happy motoring" to all.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Enough already

I think this bullshit has gone far enough. It took me a while to figure out that other choices are better for other people. Just because I like my application, who says someone else has to like it and endorse it.

I havent spent the last 4 months busting my ass to put together the best possible National Marauder Meet to deal with this crap. Let me let you guys in on a little secret....the National Meet is designed to bring Marauder enthusiests together to enjoy what we have done to our cars, not to fued and tear each other apart. We are not going to have a Reinhart section, then a Kenny Brown section, then a Procharger section, and a Trilogy section and all the NA Marauders in the back!! Some of you are getting a little out of hand bashing people for their choices.
It should be known that you are cutting my throat by ripping vendors that are pledging support to MVIII. All of us need their support, or else this thing will cost more money than some can afford. Trilogy, Reinhart, and Procharger are ALL MAJOR VENDORS that have PROMISED TO HELP WITH MVIII. I think its time to tone the bashing down, because if you cause vendors to drop because a few of you are responsible, then hundreds of members on the MM.net will know who is responsible for ruining their plans for MVIII. I dont have time to put out fires like this people, I work hours a day on MVIII and Woodward, so....from the cheap seats, KNOCK THE BASHING BULLSHIT OFF...
Or you can explain to about a 130 or so people counting on vendor support for MVIII, and why your f*cked it up for them.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
I think this bullshit has gone far enough. It took me a while to figure out that other choices are better for other people. Just because I like my application, who says someone else has to like it and endorse it.

I havent spent the last 4 months busting my ass to put together the best possible National Marauder Meet to deal with this crap. Let me let you guys in on a little secret....the National Meet is designed to bring Marauder enthusiests together to enjoy what we have done to our cars, not to fued and tear each other apart. We are not going to have a Reinhart section, then a Kenny Brown section, then a Procharger section, and a Trilogy section and all the NA Marauders in the back!! Some of you are getting a little out of hand bashing people for their choices.
It should be known that you are cutting my throat by ripping vendors that are pledging support to MVIII. All of us need their support, or else this thing will cost more money than some can afford. Trilogy, Reinhart, and Procharger are ALL MAJOR VENDORS that have PROMISED TO HELP WITH MVIII. I think its time to tone the bashing down, because if you cause vendors to drop because a few of you are responsible, then hundreds of members on the MM.net will know who is responsible for ruining their plans for MVIII. I dont have time to put out fires like this people, I work hours a day on MVIII and Woodward, so....from the cheap seats, KNOCK THE BASHING BULLSHIT OFF...
Or you can explain to about a 130 or so people counting on vendor support for MVIII, and why your f*cked it up for them.

Nicely said. I hope the one or two guys who keep the S/C wars going read this and understand. They are the minority.:loser: We are the majority who believe this hobby is about the car and not the modd.

:beer:

martyo

Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:

Dave: Post this up on MM.Net. Please.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:

This had better not be directed at me, Dave. I have never started or encouraged a supercharger war. Check my posts-I step in to stop them. Stevengerard badly mis-quoted and misunderstood me, so I set the record straight.

EDIT: Stevengerard and I have exchanged PMs and all is well. I tend to fly off the handle when people think I've flown off the handle. [?] Anyway, I just don't want to be thought of as one of "them". I want us all to be thought of as "US!" See you all at MVIII!!! :beer:

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
To Chuck and everyone else,
This is not directed towards any one person in particular, I dont know all the details, and frankly, I dont care what those details are. WHAT i am concerned with is vendors thinking we are a bunch of morons pissing in the wind over nothing important. I wont go into details on my end as to what prompted my post, but suffice it to say that it involved vendor support for MVIII. And im not talking about vendors already on MM.Net, but vendors bigger than them combined. New vendors with deep pockets that call me and wonder what kind of circus the marauder crowd is. As I stated, I cant tell you how many man hours I have wrapped up in planning MVIII, but if it gets messed up because of how we are PERCIEVED by others, I will be PISSED. So make my life easier and play nice with each other, as much as our disfunctional family can! What a bunch of goofs! So a quote from Pulp Fiction.....So pretty please with suger on it, knock it off.

PS that means here and mm.net too. You would be supprised at who reads these forums that could be potential vendors for us.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
To Chuck and everyone else,
This is not directed towards any one person in particular, I dont know all the details, and frankly, I dont care what those details are. WHAT i am concerned with is vendors thinking we are a bunch of morons pissing in the wind over nothing important. I wont go into details on my end as to what prompted my post, but suffice it to say that it involved vendor support for MVIII. And im not talking about vendors already on MM.Net, but vendors bigger than them combined. New vendors with deep pockets that call me and wonder what kind of circus the marauder crowd is. As I stated, I cant tell you how many man hours I have wrapped up in planning MVIII, but if it gets messed up because of how we are PERCIEVED by others, I will be PISSED. So make my life easier and play nice with each other, as much as our disfunctional family can! What a bunch of goofs! So a quote from Pulp Fiction.....So pretty please with suger on it, knock it off.

PS that means here and mm.net too. You would be supprised at who reads these forums that could be potential vendors for us.

Roger that, Dave. It was nothing to worry about anyway. Steve and I weren't bashing each other. Just an interpretation problem that we were both at fault for. All is well on the homefront. call me-I need to talk to you regarding the goodie bags...

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
You also said you want me to respect your choice? Wasn't it you who ordered what he thought was a roots blower, only to find a Vortech in the box? Someone obviously talked you into something you had decided against, so tell me how much respect I should give your "choice".

And I thought I had problems.

Sounds like a very interesting story, but Dave is right.

Dave is trying to put a great event together for all of those who can attend.

I have made my point very clearly now on this site and am calling it quits myself ref. my incident.

I apologize Dave if I mucked anything up for you.

Even though I cannot make it myself, thanks for taking the time and effort to ensure all Marauder owners have a fantastic time!

Us guys in FL would like to return the favor some day.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Odd?

Well it seams that now the :bs: get posted on two web sites instead one just one?

Do you think your making it better or just adding to the flames?

Your call :bash:

MikesMerc

Established Member

That says it all!!

I know I've been one of the "more opinionated" guys on the SC topic in the past, but I must agree with Dave here 100%. Since the day Dave and I started working on MV-III I haven't been in even a single SC discussion thread...not one. By becoming involved in the Woodward planning, it reminded me just how important it is that we, as a group of MM owners, conduct ourselves.

As far as I am concerned, Dennis, Greg, and Jerry all have good kits. Whether we all agree or not on the strengths and weaknesses of each kit is irrelevant. Variety is the spice of life eh?

The only thing I apologize for myself is that it took something like me being involved neck deep in MV-III planning to realize how shallow all of this supercharger bullshit is. But, I won't make the same mistake again. And I am 100% with Dave on this issue as well. I also have countless hours invested in this event, and I'm gonna make damn sure everyone has a good time regardless of their mod and vendor choices. So, please, lets not put our personal agendas ahead of the national group. Vendor support is critical and we need to act the part of a deserving group of Marauder enthusiasts.

Users who are viewing this thread