Hotels and homelessness

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like these hotels are taking in these people and raising the rates on those who pay. It’s really ridiculous.

They actually have zero illegals.

It’s all support personnel (Military, LE, Med)

The illegals are only in border towns for a few days before being bussed or flown out to wherever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve said this before and here it is again.

Being personally involved in a very politicized issue has been eye opening.

Everyone thinks they know what is going on by watching whatever news/social media they choose to believe.

You don’t know what you don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure a lot of these hotels that take in the homeless get some payment from the city or state. The homeless problem is getting completely out of control, it used to be only in big commie run cities...but it is spreading everywhere. You are seeing a breakdown of society.

Fat Boss

Established Member
It sounds like the hotels are trading short term revenue for long term success. I understand the hotels struggled mightily during the lockdowns, but as a hotel owner/operator I would much rather have clean tourists coming through than dirty ass homeless people in my rooms. Airbnb and VRBO are going to continue to do quite well in comparison, for reasons mentioned above by others.

I've only had 1 bad experience with VRBO. I guess fatigue had settled in while looking for a place to stay in Carmel Valley for Car Week. I ended up booking a property, the money was received, and when I got there the ADU was clearly under construction along with the rest of the property. My girlfriend luckily found a room at the last minute on Thursday evening of Car Week, but I was really counting on the VRBO. Turns out they had rented it out twice several years earlier, but it was still on the list of places to rent. My bad for not checking deeper on the ratings, which were good just not numerous enough. I guess the software just presented it to me, as I don't think it was a scam. Maybe it was and VRBO kept that to themselves. My money was immediately refunded.

This past year I rented a cabin in Carmel Valley that was great with a great view and had tons of good feedback, but the road/driveway was no joke a challenge to drive up in a lowered car. I had to hit one of the many switchbacks with some speed to overcome the tires wanting to bind to the bodywork. It was a solid 5 min 1st gear drive up the side of the canyon. Next year I'm staying in Monterey.

All my other VRBO stays have been great. I've had an on-the-beach 2nd story rental in Pajaro Dunes between Monterey and Santa Cruz and an rental with an ocean view in Sea Ranch, well north of S.F. Both were incredible and good deals.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We are actually at a Hampton Inn and are having these issues, really was surprised considering they are part of Hilton. We haven’t had this issue at the Home 2 Suites or the other Hilton hotels.

Those who mentioned the Airbnb, I always worry about cameras and such. I am sure I’m being super paranoid but there are some weirdos out there that do strange stuff like that.

I would however love to do the travel camper because that is one of the main reasons I bought my truck many years back. I just don’t know if we travel enough to justify the purchase of one, especially with the inflated prices they are at nowadays.

I was the same way. Worried about cameras and such. Finally conceded a few years ago and let the wife book an AirBnB. Honestly, best vacation we've had. Having your own space, not having to worry about housekeeping messing with your stuff, and not dealing with a crowded hotel lobby, etc. All the things, it makes it worth it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Simple Glenn. These people are here illegally. They are illegal aliens and must be deported immediately.

Over the past couple years, we've stayed at a few AB&B, VRBO, holiday inn express, Hamptons, and haven't seen this. But for the most part we've always been north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

FJB

I definitely get your point Lambeau. My perspective is directed to all the united states citizens who are homeless and living on the streets and doing drugs and are a waste of society.

The illegal's being put up in hotels and given some form of assistance is another problem set that needs to be dealt with as you say.

It's two different problem sets, but both needs to be dealt with.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was the same way. Worried about cameras and such. Finally conceded a few years ago and let the wife book an AirBnB. Honestly, best vacation we've had. Having your own space, not having to worry about housekeeping messing with your stuff, and not dealing with a crowded hotel lobby, etc. All the things, it makes it worth it.
We did one of these a few years ago on the Oregon coast. It was pretty slick, and actually nice having a kitchen, so you didn't rely on going out to eat. Obviously my wife wasn't cooking on a vacation. lol. Now, St Augustine we stay a nice hotel right on the bay and main drag. A ton of places in walking distance to eat and drink. We've been going up there for years though.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Massachusetts is a sanctuary state.
We spend 45 million a month to house, feed, and provide medical services for all of the illegals.
Several hotels around here have been converted to housing for migrants.
Locals booted out for them to move in. We now have the kids coming to our schools with zero English, therefor creating new classes and hiring more teachers while sucking off me, the taxpayer.
Someday I will get the F out of this state.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
To where? Doesn’t matter where you go, you’re paying for the ever expanding low class.

It would be cheaper for our country to just pay the illegals to go home and stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Or…, enforce the law to begin with. Just how many new voters do they think they need?

MG0h3

Established Member
Or…, enforce the law to begin with. Just how many new voters do they think they need?

lol. I know.

It’s such a scam when they say we need “immigration reform”.

Reform to what? The laws in place are fine.

Only thing I would change is giving Agents deportation powers for inadmissible aliens arrested at the border.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
With regards to illegals, do the border states have any laws on the books against coming across the border illegally a crime? Or is it federal only?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With regards to illegals, do the border states have any laws on the books against coming across the border illegally a crime? Or is it federal only?
This was argued in 2012 at the SC. Arizona bill SB 1070.

Texas trying to pass a similar bill HB4.

Both try to give state/local law enforcement some authority to bring illegals captured back to boarder crossing. Or something to that affect. I believe HB4 does charge the illegal with a class B misdemeanor. Second attempt is a felony?? I briefly scanned the wording. I’m sure someone else will have the real words used.

SB1070 was mostly struck down because border enforcement is strictly a FED function. HB4, if they pass it, will end up at the SC.

So, my understanding, states have no rights to protect their boarders from illegal invaders.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Massachusetts is a sanctuary state.
We spend 45 million a month to house, feed, and provide medical services for all of the illegals.
Several hotels around here have been converted to housing for migrants.
Locals booted out for them to move in. We now have the kids coming to our schools with zero English, therefor creating new classes and hiring more teachers while sucking off me, the taxpayer.
Someday I will get the F out of this state.
NYC is the same. The dumb twat governor actually asked residents to open their homes and adopt a family. Yeah. Right. Sure. We want a bunch of strangers in our home and can actually afford to feed another family. Get bent, bitch.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
NYC is the same. The dumb twat governor actually asked residents to open their homes and adopt a family. Yeah. Right. Sure. We want a bunch of strangers in our home and can actually afford to feed another family. Get bent, bitch.
If she wants them so bad, how about her and her family entertain that idea.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
This was argued in 2012 at the SC. Arizona bill SB 1070.

Texas trying to pass a similar bill HB4.

Both try to give state/local law enforcement some authority to bring illegals captured back to boarder crossing. Or something to that affect. I believe HB4 does charge the illegal with a class B misdemeanor. Second attempt is a felony?? I briefly scanned the wording. I’m sure someone else will have the real words used.

SB1070 was mostly struck down because border enforcement is strictly a FED function. HB4, if they pass it, will end up at the SC.

So, my understanding, states have no rights to protect their boarders from illegal invaders.
The states should diver further into this, if they are serious about this invasion we are having.

Users who are viewing this thread