Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
What times do things start in Indy?

The shows typically start around 11, with the majority of the tour cars getting in by 2. And to a previous comment, yes, each venue should see 4,000 cars easy. Last year there were over 2,000 cars just doing the Long Haul!

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Photos from yesterday.

DSC01067-l.jpg

80 or so miles in, pulled over for 77 in a 65 (thought it was a 70), trooper gives us a ticket for no front plate and a warning for speeding. Unfortunately for him, he put a red 2011 Camaro on our ticket and a white 2010 Camaro on our friend's warning, so I don't think it'll stick!

DSC01072-l.jpg

A veeery slow leak in the passenger front of the vert prompted us to exit in Sulfer, LA to find an auto parts store. After getting a bit lost in podunk Louisiana after getting directions from a local at a gas station, we found an Advanced Auto and a can of Fix-A-Flat.

DSC01096-l.jpg

http://hybred.smugmug.com/Other/Power-Tour-2011/i-jKv7656/0/M/DSC01098-l.jpg

Crossing the Mighty Mississip.

DSC01098-L.jpg

Louisiana Swamplands.

DSC01092-L.jpg

Glad we aren't stopping here!

IMG3461-L.jpg

Two states down.

DSC01102-l.jpg

Cheap gas here!

IMG3474-L.jpg

Well that was quick.

IMG3475-L.jpg

Drilling rig in Mobile Bay.

IMG3480-L.jpg

Downtown Mobile

IMG3492-L.jpg

Long Hauler stop from last year!

IMG3536m-L.jpg

Sun sets as we roll through Florida, where we eventually stopped in Tallahassee.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Looks like alot of fun! The gf and I will be making a similar roadtrip, however only half your mileage, to Mustang Week. Houston --> Myrtle Beach is around 1100 miles 1 way.

Detroit

Established Member
Thanks for the photos, keep updating them if you can. I am going to stop by next Friday at Metro Beach. Hope to have a good turn out.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Very cool thread.,,.

doesn't that car have tire pressure monitoring sensors? if so., I think fix-a-flat can damage them :shrug:

avoid the po-po :D

M3xpress

Established Member
Sounds like a fun trip and your Camaro looks good. I'm glad I got to see a lot of the cars come through last year.

I wish I could to drive down to Montgomery and see what comes through.

bullitt1672

Established Member
What if someone not on the tour wanted to show off their car at the Speedway, does it require that $70 pass? I don't care if its in the actual "show", but wouldn't mind parking with fellow enthusiasts. Thanks for the reply to my previous question Hybred. I plan on heading out Wednesday around 11 or so for the two hour drive to Indy, can't wait and hope to see some of you there!

edit: No i won't be in the highlighter yellow festiva in my avatar :D. I'll be in a 98 camaro z28, black lowered on c5 z06 18's and VFN sunoco

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
What if someone not on the tour wanted to show off their car at the Speedway, does it require that $70 pass? I don't care if its in the actual "show", but wouldn't mind parking with fellow enthusiasts. Thanks for the reply to my previous question Hybred. I plan on heading out Wednesday around 11 or so for the two hour drive to Indy, can't wait and hope to see some of you there!

edit: No i won't be in the highlighter yellow festiva in my avatar :D. I'll be in a 98 camaro z28, black lowered on c5 z06 18's and VFN sunoco

If you want to park with the participants, yes, you have to pay. Spectator parking is free IIRC, and there will be plenty of local nice cars in Spectator parking.

I updated the gallery last night with exactly 500 photos, too many to post individually. Check out the gallery:
Power Tour 2011 - Texas Mile Photography

Users who are viewing this thread