Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Where did you guys stay at in Nashville? I was there Jun 6-8. I had no idea the Power Tour went through there until the show was over and all the cars were pouring into my hotel. Hate I missed it.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
They wanted to do something different. It's supposed to be a 'Rat Rod' but I think it's more if a 'fail rod.'

I was wondering if that is what they were doing. To each his own I guess.

Thanks for sharing the photos, makes me wish I was on the tour myself. Have fun and stay safe!:beer:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I love you guys, you are too cool for school. The car is looking great. It has come a long way in the past year.

:-D

Where did you guys stay at in Nashville? I was there Jun 6-8. I had no idea the Power Tour went through there until the show was over and all the cars were pouring into my hotel. Hate I missed it.

We stayed at the Indigo. We didn't realize it was CMA week until we stumbled into the concert on the street that night, LOL

I'm uploading some new pics now, but with as slow as the internet is going I don't think I'll get many up. We're currently in Muskegon, MI and it is COLD here! On to Detroit tomorrow, then time for the loooong drive home.

96dreamer

Established Member
Are there any events the public can go to in detroit tonight. id like to stop by and see everything

Det_riot

Established Member
After about a month of prep work and mods, we're finally ready to embark on our second Hot Rod Power Tour. Which is a good thing, since we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. Here is our route over the next 11 or so days:

1161031405_i6HJo-L.jpg

2011 HOT ROD MAGAZINE POWER TOUR
June 4 ....... Cocoa Beach, FL at Port Canavaral
June 5 ....... Adel/Valdosta, GA at South Georgia Motorsports Park
June 6 ....... Montgomery, AL at Montgomery Motorsports Park
June 7 ....... Nashville, TN at LP Field
June 8 ....... Indianapolis, IN at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
June 9 ....... Muskegon, MI at Downtown
June 10 ..... Detroit, MI at Metropolitan Beach
June 11 ..... Detroit, MI (Long Hauler Awards)

Shirts we had made:

Untitled-S.png

Mods since last year - Texas Speed SS headers, LS9 cam, painted calipers and mufflers (yes, we're still running the factory catback!), some engine dress-up, and a spiffy new set of door decals...

IMG3445m-XL.jpg

IMG3438m-XL.jpg

IMG3442-XL.jpg

Last year we ran with a friend in his 2009 Z06, but this year he decided to bring the wife's new car instead - a 2011 Camaro SS Vert with wheels, Maggie, catback, coilovers, and some engine and interior dressup. You know, Houston Stock.

162-1.jpg

162-22.jpg

162-7.jpg

I will be updating this thread as we progress through the tour (and time/internet connection allow), but if you don't hear from me check the gallery, as that's what I'll be adding to first.

Power Tour 2011 - Texas Mile Photography

I drove next to you guys today on 696! Cars loooked gooooood. I wasnt in anything special, just a red explorer w/ a murdrfab sticker hah.

96dreamer

Established Member
manged to stop by the meet at metropark in detroit but it was after the rain so most of the cars had already left. While i was there i got seriously thinking about making the long haul next year. What kind of an investment does that require, as far as registration, lodging, food, and gas. Wondering if i could justify it next summer

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Are there any events the public can go to in detroit tonight. id like to stop by and see everything

Detroit kinda fell apart when it started raining, and I'm not sure what all went down after we left the venue. Not much is my guess.

What city in Mississippi where yall at to see those gas prices?

Somewhere on I10 just past Biloxi/Ocean Springs :shrug:

What kind of an investment does that require, as far as registration, lodging, food, and gas. Wondering if i could justify it next summer

Depends on how fancy you want to get. With the cars we drive, we try to stay in nicer hotels like Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, which run anywhere from 100-130/night. Figure a good $1k for gas, especially if it starts or stops far from where you live. Overall investment I'd say can run from $2k to $3k. Registration for the Long Haul is only $70.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
The Long Haul Ceremony was held at GM's historic Milford Proving Grounds in Milford, MI. This 4000 acre complex was founded in 1929 and has hundreds of acres of pavement, including accurate recreations of nearby road surfaces, gravel and pitted roads, and even a few replica Nurburgring corners for performance testing. Here is the roof-mounted video from our exit tour, which showed a little bit of what this site has to offer. Apologies for the sound and shakiness, we had to mount the Contour to our Go-Pro mount because we didn't think to order a Contour mount ahead of time!

[youtube_browser]YSJFPBGm_xE[/youtube_browser]

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
We also got to take a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as we left the venue.

[youtube_browser]iHgppHECljE[/youtube_browser]

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
DSC01102-l.jpg

I also took a trip to Mississippi last week, and noticed fuel was 30 cents cheaper per gallon compared to Florida. Super is 3.96 on average here. Why is fuel cheaper there I wonder?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Last but not least, and really not last either, the kickoff in Cocoa Beach included an unprecidented tour of the Kennedy Space Center and a behind-the-scenes cruise of the NASA facilities. If you look carefully around 6:36, you can see the Atlantis sitting on the launch pad.

[youtube_browser]-3jwLhfVpx0[/youtube_browser]

Also, I've uploaded an additional ~200 photos from the last few days of the tour here.

Power Tour 2011 - Texas Mile Photography

Users who are viewing this thread