hope to get 400rwhp n/a

silver2001cobra

Established Member
my lastest round of mods are eletric waterpump, bump the timing up by 3 degrees, cobra R powersteering pulley, and bap. I`m hoping that would get me to 400rwhp, my old numbers was 384rwhp and 321rwtq. what do u guys think?

Last edited:

Tarball

Established Member
Whats your timing before and after? most modular N/A's like 26-30* range (averaging like 28* if you have 12.8 a/f. Supposedly the WP is about 8whp, the pulley MAY be 1, depending how much the timing helps(if you cab get any more in there) you might be VERY close.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
whats your timing before and after? Most modular n/a's like 26-30* range (averaging like 28* if you have 12.8 a/f. Supposedly the wp is about 8whp, the pulley may be 1, depending how much the timing helps(if you cab get any more in there) you might be very close.
25*

Tarball

Established Member
Yeah you can get 28* then if the tuner knows his shit and you run 93oct, MAYBE 29*.

Good luck.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I interested in the results. I am trying to hit 400 aswell NA. Are you running the Cobra R powersteering and Alt Pulley. If so what belt you running?

silver2001cobra

Established Member
I interested in the results. I am trying to hit 400 aswell NA. Are you running the Cobra R powersteering and Alt Pulley. If so what belt you running?
i just have the powersteering pulley. how much timing did u add to your car to get 10rwhp? i added 3*

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
i just have the powersteering pulley. how much timing did u add to your car to get 10rwhp? i added 3*

We were running about 23-24 degrees, we upped that to about 25-26 and adjusted the fuel. It made about 9.8 more. We tried to go up another degree and the car didnt make any more power reguardless what we did with the fuel.
I think my combo just doesnt like any more than about 26 degrees. We are going to play somemore on the slow days and once I get the other intake put on.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
We were running about 23-24 degrees, we upped that to about 25-26 and adjusted the fuel. It made about 9.8 more. We tried to go up another degree and the car didnt make any more power reguardless what we did with the fuel.
I think my combo just doesnt like any more than about 26 degrees. We are going to play somemore on the slow days and once I get the other intake put on.
i see,i`m goin to try to find me another dyno shop , since my old shop closed down, to make a couple of pulls. Keep me posted on your new intake numbers.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
I dont know what your setup consists of, but if you have an fr500 intake then I will asume you ar running fr500 cams aswell. Since you are going for n/a power (correct me if im wrong) then wouldnt some more agressive cams bump you up, and over 400whp? Like some comp stage 3 n/a cams?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
It's a 4.6 :shrug:

I REALLY wanted the FR500 heads. I never did find any until after I had my 99's ported. Good luck man, you should get there, IIRC I'm running 28* with 93 octane.

Yea, I understand what engine it is... but it made 3 rwtq LESS than my exhaust only car... Doesn't make much sense does it? What good is horsepower without torque?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
That is a result of the FR500 intake.

Soooo, why on earth would any one pay $3k for an intake that doesn't make ANY torque? That 321 ft/lbs better come on FAST and stay at 321 for it that intake to be of any good.

Users who are viewing this thread