Hood vent question?

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Speaking for Doug.
I talked to him about the vents this week.
Going to have 30 or so pair ready for the first run.
Should be finished in the next couple weeks.
Here is what you guys need to do.
Think about what color you want.

Doug said no polished on the first run. Just to much time and handling for the first run.
He will offer them unfinished if you would like to polish them yourselves.

The vents will not go to the annodizer until all orders all filled and colors are confirmed thru Doug.
Look for him to make a post soon or call the shop and place your order if you know what color you want.

Hope this helps.

JP :beer:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
Are the ones pictured on page 5 on the top clear or polished?

Just clear.
They will look like Doug's clear pulleys and TB's. SHINEY but not polished.

JP

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Any idea on the price yet JP?

-Jeff

Doug is not going to polish any vents on the first run due to time and labor cost.
You can buy them unfinished if you want to polish or paint them yourself.

$260 for annodized
$250 for unfinished.
Includes 2-Billet vents, 4-Billet mounting brackets, Stainless mounting hardware, and foam rubber pads for mounting.

This First run will not go the annodizer until orders are filled for a min. of 30 pair.
Choose a color and get your orders in asap.
A second run of vents will be at least 4-6 weeks behind fullfilment of the first run orders.
Contact BilletFlow <- CLICK ME

mystic04

Established Member
too steep for me sorry to say i would like a pair but i got other things to buy other than hood vents for tha tkind of money i know a of work went into them and things but i can't spend the money on them right now

beabout

Established Member
Wow, $260 and I thought Ford had lost their minds with the "Ford Racing" coil covers at that price... well, I guess I can live with black plastic for now... Sorry Mr. Doug... :cryying:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
capello said:
Wow, $260 and I thought Ford had lost their minds with the "Ford Racing" coil covers at that price... well, I guess I can live with black plastic for now... Sorry Mr. Doug... :cryying:

Considering there is about 4 times as much machining time in these vents than a set of cast coil covers it's not a bad price.
The Billet Vents are a real dress up piece. Show quality and finished on both the top and bottom. Along with the Billet brackets and stainless hardware.
You wouldn't be disapointed in the money spent if thats what piece your were looking to upgrade.
To each his own. Just letting you know there not just a piece of aluminum with some slots cut into it with a couple tacky mounting brackets.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I called, as soon as the anodized ones are available I want to be on the list for a black pair. $260 sounds fair to me. Post up and let me know.

OT: I'm on the TB list too, anyone know how those are coming?

mystic04

Established Member
Oh i never thought for a minute they would be some cheap looking thing from Doug. i fulley expected them to look great i just can't spend the money on that right now maybe later i would love a set but not right now.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
You truly get what you pay for. From what I have seen, they look top notch, and probably fit perfectly.
I just ordered a set of BF pullies - and am excited the throttle bodies will be available soon. I expected them to be between 150-200.00.
Hell, people willingly pay 65.00 for some cut aluminum that says "COBRA" will 2 sided tape.
From the sound of the manufacturing process, it sounds very time intensive - and myself, I am glad they are made right here in the good old U.S. of A.
I will take a set in black as soon as I get my motor mods done.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
04pulliedsnake said:
260. Someone is making a killing. Im in. im in. yeah right haha j/k

You obviously have no experience whatsoever in this type of work. The time to write the program to do the machining, pay for the wear and tear on the tooling, pay for the equipment, pay for someone's time, etc etc. The price of the raw materials is nothing compared to everything else. This isn't cast crap where you melt the material and drop it in a mold. This is machine work from a hunk of material. Hence his name of Billetflow. Damned cheap if you ask me.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Man I kinda lost track of this thread till Doug put in in the Terminator talk section. Anyway, you cheap asses kill me. One thing even the dullest should be able to take from this forum is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Placed my order 2 min. ago and can't wait so come on guys pony up so we can get to 30 orders already!

Users who are viewing this thread