Hood recommendations for a newly supercharged car?

GT915

Established Member
I like the way that looks as well as the fact that it appears to be functional. I gotta wonder though if it will dump water on to the air filter when it rains. I hope the fit and finish is as good as the factory hood. I've seen some that only look good from a distance.

Jabooh1

Established Member
It's the super snake hood with extra heat vents in the back right?

I will be going with the tiger racing hood to help with heat when I do a supercharger. Well will do the hood even if I don't do a supercharger. It is probably the best at getting rid of heat.

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
I like the way that looks as well as the fact that it appears to be functional. I gotta wonder though if it will dump water on to the air filter when it rains. I hope the fit and finish is as good as the factory hood. I've seen some that only look good from a distance.

This is a great question. Granted the intake is more towards the front of the car so I wouldn't think so, but it would be great to hear from a member who has experience with the hood. I have been eyeing this hood since I got the car. Now that I have the extra money I think I would like to get it but I definitely don't want to if there is a water issue :/

Jabooh1

Established Member
Couldn't you just block off an area on the inside of the hood or put a rubber seal around the intake shield and the hood?

Quad4_72

Established Member
Judging by this pic it looks as if the heat vents would not be an issue at all as far as water is concerned. The ram air portion seems to be ok as well, given the front part of the hood has a grille on it and it is pretty low profile. Seems like it would be a big help to the intake to get that air from the outside of the car.
BMC Hood.jpg

Jabooh1

Established Member
It says it can be used on the mustang GT when doing the GT500 front conversion. That means replace the front clip.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Now that I am browsing that website there are a ton of cool/functional options. Trufiber has a bunch of them that are great style for cheap. Might order one of those...Ugh decisions!

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
I keep going back and forth now. I am considering a carbon fiber option in this hood:
http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20fomugtv6ma.html
Carbon fiber.jpg

It says it comes with rain guards. Does anyone know how that works? In one of the pictures in the link it shows these rain guards, but it makes it look like it completely defeats the purpose of the heat extraction by sealing them off.

Users who are viewing this thread