Hood Mod

lethal

Established Member
FWIW, I used the foil tape (used for A/C ducting) and works great, going on two years, no issues. Get it at any hardware store.

John

blnpny

Banned
i painted mine. looks great .
Picture%20053.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I just cut them open(carefully) with a razor cutter............and left them "as cut"...... didn't look bad at all.
Every time I touch that POS I get fiberglass in my fingers.....
I'm ditching it!!!
I was prepared to paint whatever was unpainted with a spray can of black/flat -semi -gloss... whatever....
But since I wrecked the b#%ch ! :bash: I'm having the underside painted the color of the car.... and the blanket gets THROWN AWAY... and will never be back on the car!!
Even in the unlikely event I someday sell it.... The buyer will have to put on themselves, if they want it!........ I HATE IT!!
And guys PLEASE...... what is the deal with "will the heat hurt my paint?"......... Are you freaking serious???(mostly in previous posts)......... NO!!!! the foil that is on there is not for heat!! It's for R. F. suppresion... from the Ignition... see the wire?(grounded to the body?)... they couldn't use the hood it self like other cars...........................because it doesn't conduct electricity.
To each his own....... I don't care if my weight saving is 4 oz....I get PISSED everytime I look at that thing..... especially after washing the car!!!........ drip......drip.....drip.
Heat out------------------------------------------>good
Weight off---------------------------------------->good
No water dripping after washes------------->good
No tacky stained useless(to me) blanket-->good
No fiberglass stuck in my fingers-------->priceless!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK.... neck vein and temple vein back to normal..... ahhhhh!
I feel so much better now...... Don't you???..................LOL

Jimmy:thumbsup:

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Originally posted by Jimmysidecarr
I just cut them open(carefully) with a razor cutter............and left them "as cut"...... didn't look bad at all.
Every time I touch that POS I get fiberglass in my fingers.....
I'm ditching it!!!
I was prepared to paint whatever was unpainted with a spray can of black/flat -semi -gloss... whatever....
But since I wrecked the b#%ch ! :bash: I'm having the underside painted the color of the car.... and the blanket gets THROWN AWAY... and will never be back on the car!!
Even in the unlikely event I someday sell it.... The buyer will have to put on themselves, if they want it!........ I HATE IT!!
And guys PLEASE...... what is the deal with "will the heat hurt my paint?"......... Are you freaking serious???(mostly in previous posts)......... NO!!!! the foil that is on there is not for heat!! It's for R. F. suppresion... from the Ignition... see the wire?(grounded to the body?)... they couldn't use the hood it self like other cars...........................because it doesn't conduct electricity.
To each his own....... I don't care if my weight saving is 4 oz....I get PISSED everytime I look at that thing..... especially after washing the car!!!........ drip......drip.....drip.
Heat out------------------------------------------>good
Weight off---------------------------------------->good
No water dripping after washes------------->good
No tacky stained useless(to me) blanket-->good
No fiberglass stuck in my fingers-------->priceless!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK.... neck vein and temple vein back to normal..... ahhhhh!
I feel so much better now...... Don't you???..................LOL

Jimmy:thumbsup:

So....Jimmy

Please tell us how you REALLY feel about the hood blanket-LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread