Honda Civic Type R

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i own one of these, traded my Focus RS for it. i hated the looks of the Type R at first or i would have bought one before i bought the RS. however, after an absolutely terrible ownership experience with the RS, i traded it for the Type R. once you drive one, you won't care what it looks like. the Type R is ****ing amazing! it is worlds better than the RS, better in every way. go ahead, keep on hating.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
...once you drive one, you won't care what it looks like...
ReadyGiantIberianchiffchaff-small.gif

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
i own one of these, traded my Focus RS for it. i hated the looks of the Type R at first or i would have bought one before i bought the RS. however, after an absolutely terrible ownership experience with the RS, i traded it for the Type R. once you drive one, you won't care what it looks like. the Type R is ****ing amazing! it is worlds better than the RS, better in every way. go ahead, keep on hating.

Torque steer for days?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Hard pass on a focus rs with that failure of a motor.

Honestly, I think the type R would be 100x better looking without that gay red stripe all the way around the bottom of the car and rims.

Get rid of that and the difference would be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

D1984

Whining
Established Member

Honestly, I think the type R would be 100x better looking without that gay red stripe all the way around the bottom of the car and rims.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

18" wheels look way better on them too

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I really want to like the RS over this thing, but it was so pathetically executed that I can't.

Seems like Honda caught some lightning in a bottle with this.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member

And the 2 stupid looking rear vent deals

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Neither run was done in a production car. Which is why it is fishy that a 300 horse Civic is running with 911 turbos and C6zr1s

Friend of mine is a tuner and he had a couple Type Rs in when they first came out. I think he has done a few so far but he said the baseline dyno nunbers were 304whp and like 306whp. So the advertised horsepower is at the wheels which makes it very underrated if his findings are the norm.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Friend of mine is a tuner and he had a couple Type Rs in when they first came out. I think he has done a few so far but he said the baseline dyno nunbers were 304whp and like 306whp. So the advertised horsepower is at the wheels which makes it very underrated if his findings are the norm.

From what Ive seen 290-300 is normal for the little jokers

SVT_4_me

Established Member
My stock CTR is much faster than my 93 octane tuned RS was. Much faster. It is also 400 lbs lighter.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have always loved all of the RS branded cars from Ford, and since I was in highscool and the rumors started about an RS coming to the US, I drooled over finally being able to get my hands on a car that had a reputation for being a beast of a hatchback. But then they went and watered it down and tried to refine it for US consumers, and while the numbers look pretty good, it just doesn't seem like they put the rawness into it like they did in the 1st and 2nd gen Focus RS. It sort of comes off the same way the Edge ST does, like mass produced performance cars.

Honda on the otherhand did with the Type R what everyone expected Ford to do by making a car dedicated to all out performance, and it is paying off for them. I think the RS should have had at least 380hp, a true RWD-based AWD setup, and magnetic dampers. For the price tag the car should have been clocking 4 second flast 0-60 and run mid to high 12s at least. It would have sold even if it costs a little more than it did because there is a following and so much hype. At least make it worth it with some truly competitive performance that isn't just Mustang GT and Camaro SS numbers from 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread