Home ported blower can u port too much ?

03 deadpool

Established Member
Friend of mine is looking at a 01 cobra with a eaton swap it has a owner ported blower and from the picture he showed me it is cut back past the silencer ports. This got me to thinking i have never seen that in all of the ported blower picks i have looked at. I will post a picture as soon as he gets one to me but i have heard bad things about intake air temps and detonation from bad ports but looking for some first hand info. thanks for the help.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
A bad port just won't make any power and will fall off like a rock after it hits its hp peak in the rpm's.

It won't cause high IAT2's nor detonation. That's in the tune, pulley combo, and how you drive the car itself. We need pictures of the inlet and the outlet of the blower itself.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I'd love to see photos of this ported blower.

03 Deadpool, has your friend test driven that Cobra? That would help based on what Brian said in his post. Sounds like it would be pretty obvious during a test drive if the port was badly done.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Yes you can port a blower too much. The inlet and discharge phases should not overlap, which if they do, you will not get a proper seal phase. So as Posi said, it will not make power.

RichM1983

Established Member
The great part is that the good ole Eaton M112 can be had on here and eBay for a dime a dozen. $300 can get you one in great shape. I wouldn't worry to much as long as the motor checks out and isn't damaged or beat to death.

03 deadpool

Established Member
newload150_zpsf1398153.jpg Lets see if this loads. This is the picture he sent me. I do have a eaton i can give him if the car checks out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread