HOME DNA TESTS TO CHECK YOUR ANCESTRY....

SirShaun

Established Member
Your still getting triangulated via cell towers, if not by GPS. Just not as precise. You commit a crime, they know where you were based on which tower you were connected to.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I believe in the terms and conditions of the DNA tests you are agreeing to forfeit any rights to the data gathered and allow the company to use/sell your data as they see fit. They don't need taken over by the government, they already have your permission to send it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe in the terms and conditions of the DNA tests you are agreeing to forfeit any rights to the data gathered and allow the company to use/sell your data as they see fit. They don't need taken over by the government, they already have your permission to send it.

I'm all set with a clone of me running around somewhere.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Search "Michael Usry" and "Ancestry.com"......

And you'll find out why I'll never use online DNA anything.

ssssnake

Established Member
I mute that Ancestry commercial everytime I see it. Don't care where I came from. I know who I am now - an American. And, I'm not giving my DNA to any company. Yeah, the government has my fingerprints, but that's it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What would happen if these companies turned over all of their DNA sequencing and results to a government? Foreign govt.? Has anyone thought about the removal of any privacy rights you may still have. The power of the federal govt is beyond most people's imagination....I don't think I'll check to see if I'm Irish...
You are implying that these companies are not already covers for Intel and police biometric gathering.

shamalama ramalama ding dong

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Your still getting triangulated via cell towers, if not by GPS. Just not as precise. You commit a crime, they know where you were based on which tower you were connected to.
Why would an intelligent criminal bring his phone? I mean, these young dumbasses probably want to selfie of the victim but aside from that it is just retardedness..

shamalama ramalama ding dong

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I dunno about you guys, but I'm not tethered to my phone. I usually leave it in the car, I also always have the GPS shut off, unless I need it for Google maps.

Damn, hard core. I was out of state this past weekend and had woke up early. I turned on maps to check out the topography , and the location beacon was all over the place. It finally settled in the dog house. About 25 yards from me kicking back in the dawn. It is crazy how close it can get though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machdup1

Established Member
Not worried about the government, they know who I am, I just dont care about my ancestry, those people are dead and have no bearing on my life.

Anyways, Ancestry.com is just the Mormons looking for their direct connection to God. Watch out for the Morons, they are far more scary than the Federal government.

ssssnake

Established Member
Not worried about the government, they know who I am, I just dont care about my ancestry, those people are dead and have no bearing on my life.

Anyways, Ancestry.com is just the Mormons looking for their direct connection to God. Watch out for the Morons, they are far more scary than the Federal government.

Mormons do keep excellent records on ancestry.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Don't worry, you'll probably be dead before anything nefarious can happen with your data.

My cousin works for a large liberal D.C. think tank. They're against these tests generally too. Mostly because they worry about the data eventually being used by insurance companies or some type of potential exploitation of participants. Also, because of the predisposition data, there are concerns about how users will handle finding out what they may ultimately die from.

Personally, I think I could make more positive use of the information than someone else could to negatively impact me. I know people who've connected with relatives they didn't know of and generally they found out some very cool information about themselves. For someone young, like myself, if I came to know I may be likely to develop an issue I can take preventative measures now that could pay off in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread