Holy Crap!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
the boy was it the aircraft, now it has landed and the boy is nowhere to be found.
Scary shit. They said it got up to 11k ft.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Darwin at work. I bet the parents were trying to pull a prank on people with that saucer..........and it backfired
I was thinking the same thing. That's a damn big "weather balloon" to be keeping in a yard. If it was intended to be a prank I doubt the family will admit to it.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Another thing, I haven't heard anything on who was watching the kids when this happened.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
When they didn't find anything...my thoughts were a diversion of some sort for something they did....NOT GOOD!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Make sure to keep the thread updated for us at work...

I feel so bad for the pool lil' guy.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Experts are calculating that there wasn't enough lift to pick up the kid. They're pretty much sure of it.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Experts are calculating that there wasn't enough lift to pick up the kid. They're pretty much sure of it.

That may be a very good point. Ever catch the Mythbusters episode where they used ballons to try to support a small child. It was a crapload of balloons.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
That may be a very good point. Ever catch the Mythbusters episode where they used ballons to try to support a small child. It was a crapload of balloons.

Don't mind the music, it was the first video I found with the subject matter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8i7ESjCw3o"]YouTube - Balloons Blades and A Babe[/ame]

At about 1:55 you see the balloons just to barely lift a 3 or 4 year old.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Question is...Is helium a more suitable lifting element than regular Oxygen? Weight of the materials also plays a role. It showed those long ropes attached so I wonder if it got up or it was in the air and somehow detached and was off....

Last edited:

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
They are now saying they don't think the boy was in it. Oh, and the parents were on the show 'Wife Swap'. My guess, they are trying to get their 15 minutes of fame back, and the boy is just fine (I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread