Holy Crap!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
This is going on right now.

Colorado boy floats away in balloon - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Officials are trying to rescue a 6-year-old boy who climbed into a balloon-like experimental aircraft built by his parents and floated into the sky over eastern Colorado.

The family describes the structure as a dome-shaped "homemade flying saucer," according to sheriff's office.

The boy's family had been building the experimental aircraft at their home on Fossil Ridge Road in Fort Collins, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

The family has described the structure as a a dome-shaped "homemade flying saucer," Larimer County Sheriff's Office Spokeswoman Kathy Davis said.

"We're trying to determine the best course of action," Davis said. "This is a first and we'll do what we need to do."

I hope they get him down safely. His parents have to be freaking the **** out!

Sarge_13

Established Member
I saw that on the news, shit's crazy. Hopefully he is just hiding on the ground somewhere scared because unfortunately I don't see any way of this ending well at all.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Wow, that sucks. Why do you have something like that just sitting around blown up in your backyard? Kinda creepy.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is terrible, how is this kid breathing in a helium environment? That is very strange looking balloon and there appears to be no separate passenger compartment. I suspect this is going to have a tragic ending, I truly hope and pray I am wrong on that count.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Darwin at work. I bet the parents were trying to pull a prank on people with that saucer..........and it backfired

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It's a weather balloon like for a storm chaser. :rollseyes

:dw:

2ptqm54.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Helium is a very difficult gas to contain. Mylar balloons have either tape, glue . or heat sealed seams in them and enough gas should leak out to bring the gasbag down i a slow and relatively safe manner.

But I bet that kid gets in plenty of trouble.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The balloon has landed but the 6 year old boy is not inside. No report where he is but it is either he never got in to begin with, or fell out of the balloon en-route. And it was thousands of feet in the air. I pray for the best for it doesn't sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread