Holding down the traction control button on a manual....

SicShelby09

Banned
My 11 steering goes way stiffer in sport
Mode. It doesn't say anything on the dash about it but I can totally tell. No shake either.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i just hit it 1 time quick and turn the sh!t off!!! if i hold it, tap the brake pedal,honk the horn and push the speaker button and shout bluetooth audio while putting the car in reverse and let out the clutch pedal and,,,,, it goes backwards!!!!

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
hahaha

there should be one master button that just turns off everything and firms everything up and well I guess that describes the red track key.

Damnit all Mustangs should get that!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
i just hit it 1 time quick and turn the sh!t off!!! if i hold it, tap the brake pedal,honk the horn and push the speaker button and shout bluetooth audio while putting the car in reverse and let out the clutch pedal and,,,,, it goes backwards!!!!

Then its not completely off.

SicShelby09

Banned
Untitled.jpg

shadi

Established Member
i have tried holding the button down and it never says anything about advancetrac being off on my 2012. so far all i can get is sport mode. am i missing something?

chuckstang

Established Member
i have tried holding the button down and it never says anything about advancetrac being off on my 2012. so far all i can get is sport mode. am i missing something?

yup something def wrong.

also I noticed once i added a tune, turning off all that crap makes a more noticeable difference.

shadi

Established Member
does it matter if its an auto or a standard? i ready the owners manuel and it never mentioned any difference between the two.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

hahahaha

Are you holding the brake pedal down simultaneously while holding the traction button?

does it matter if its an auto or a standard? i ready the owners manuel and it never mentioned any difference between the two.

Shouldn't matter.
Only think different is if you have 11 or 12 then you will get the steering options, but from others in this thread it seems you are locked out of that function once you have selected traction and stability options that are not default at start up.

Honestly, I dont use sport mode. still makes the car lurch forward when trying to do launches. I have had the best luck at the track when tapping the button once and disabling traction control only. I have disabled advancetrac before and the cars whips back and forth. I dont think we are gaining any extra edge here guys from turning off stability control vs just traction control unless we are using our local streets as a burnout box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread