Holding down the traction control button on a manual....

ArabianOak

Established Member
Does holding down the traction control button on the manual 2012 GT do anything? what's the difference between pressing it normally and holding it down?

Humboldt1498

Established Member
Pressing the button once turns off the traction control. Holding it down turns off BOTH the traction control and stability control.

scott_0

Established Member
hold down for I believe 7 seconds continuosly and it turns off all traction/stability control, youll have to do this each time you start the car as it will automatically default back on. this is covered in your owners manual

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Read your owner's manual.

Your car has 3 different styles of drive type. Regular, Comfort and Sport. Regular is pretty straight forward. Comfort makes the car handle more smooth. Sport tightens up everything for a stiffer ride.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Read your owner's manual.

Your car has 3 different styles of drive type. Regular, Comfort and Sport. Regular is pretty straight forward. Comfort makes the car handle more smooth. Sport tightens up everything for a stiffer ride.

How exactly would turning off the traction control make the ride stiffer?

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Well, I believe you are actually talking about the steering modes

STEERING FEEL
This feature allows three modes of steering feel.
Press RESET to cycle through the settings of:
• STANDARD– Provides a balance between a comfort and sport feel.
• SPORT– Slightly higher effort required for steering with more road
force felt through the steering wheel. See note below.
• COMFORT– Slightly less effort required for steering with less road
force felt through the steering wheel.
Note: When AdvanceTrac sport mode is on or when AdvanceTrac and
traction control are off, the steering feel will be locked in sport mode.
The display will show STEERING FEEL <SPORT> LOCKED and the
steering feel will not be selectable.
See AdvanceTrac stability enhancement system and Steering in the
Driving chapter for more information.

If you, while stopped, depress the brake pedal and hold the TCS button on the center console for about 7 seconds or so, it disables the TCS system so that you can drag race the car without TCS kicking on.

SicShelby09

Banned
For the advance track/traction control 3 modes.

1. Press the traction control button once at anytime while the car is on to disable traction control but it will leave advance track on.

2. Press the brake pedal down while stopped, and double tap the traction control button to put the car into sport mode. Sport mode leaves both services on, but dumbs them down to let you play but not get out of control.

3. Press the brake pedal down, then hold down the traction control button until you see advance track off (7-10 seconds). That will kill both the traction control and the advance track for tire spinning, donut goodness. No nannies are on here, so you are entirely on your own. **Use at your own risk**

Last edited:

NemeCes

Established Member

1. Press the traction control button once at anytime while the car is on to disable traction control but it will leave advance track on.

2. Press the brake pedal down while stopped, and double tap the traction control button to put the car into sport mode. Sport mode leaves both services on, but dumbs them down to let you play but not get out of control.

3. Press the brake pedal down, then hold down the traction control button until you see advance track off (7-10 seconds). That will kill both the traction control and the advance track for tire spinning, donut goodness. No nannies are on here, so you are entirely on your own. **Use at your own risk**

I recently tried number 3 and I could not do a standing burn out. The car kept stalling. First time I tried number 1, I lit the tires up.

5.0jake

Established Member
Tapping the button twice for me enables the shaking steering wheel mode...

SicShelby09

Banned
I recently tried number 3 and I could not do a standing burn out. The car kept stalling. First time I tried number 1, I lit the tires up.

Number 3 for me will allow me to do anything. One thing you have to make sure is that what I wrote needs to be done from the traction default on, like when you first start your car. Dont try one after the other, otherwise you will just turn it all back on. Make sure your traction system is all back on, then do #3. You will be able to burnout, donut or whatever else you can come up with.

12GTPDX

Established Member
Regarding #2 below, I find that I don't have to be stopped to enable Sport Mode -- I can be moving with the brake pedal engaged (i.e. slowing down) and engage Sport Mode.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I was just listing off the types of driving modes. His dealer obviously didn't help him out much and just wanted the sale.

My dealer tried to teach me about the blue tooth...I said give me the keys...and took off!

be leave it or not, You can get into Sport Mode 70mph down the highway, you just have to hit the brakes enough that the brake lights light up..and then Hit the button 2x. To turn it OFF though, I have yet to be able to get it to work unless ur stopped.

Wish it would turn OFF torque management, and stop closing my throttle boddy when i got the pedal to the floor:cuss:

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread