hit by stray bullet at a car show.....

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I think reasonable people with shooting exoerience would agree that the angle in which you'd have to fire a bullet into the air and have it be deadly upon impact to someone on the ground would more constitute intentional harm or damage because it's realistically a much lower angle than you may imagine.

Are you just a self proclaimed internet genius?

I own several firearms and shoot thousands of rounds a year. It is indeed fact that shooting guns into the air can be fatal. Unless you can hold the gun in a perfect 90 degree angle the bullet will not start to tumble on it's on axis.

Confirmed: Firing a Gun into the Air Can Kill Someone - Adam Clark Estes - The Atlantic Wire

Celebratory gunfire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can talk out your butt all you want but the data doesn't agree with what you say. I have personally seen bullet holes in 24 ga. metal roofs in Houston, TX that I had to have crews repair because the owner complained of a leak. Needless to say we were shocked to find bullets in the roof! It takes a lot of force to puncture completely through 24 ga. (.024") 50ksi steel.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I think reasonable people with shooting exoerience would agree that the angle in which you'd have to fire a bullet into the air and have it be deadly upon impact to someone on the ground would more constitute intentional harm or damage because it's realistically a much lower angle than you may imagine.

I'm thinking you may be wrong, but I haven't had the chance to do any calculations yet. I'll see if I can sometime soon.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Not an expert, I just have shot before and understand bullet drop and physics. You don't need to only shoot at 90 degrees for it to be pretty much be harmless.

Unless you can hold the gun in a perfect 90 degree angle the bullet will not start to tumble on it's on axis.

Sounds like you have a bit more to learn. The rest of that is just... not even worth addressing because it's just bragging and Wikipedia links. You should go ahead and re-read what I wrote as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
Glad the bullet landed in the car and not in you!

Seriously, wtf the odds of the happening?!

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
It is physically impossible for a bullet fired into the air to come down with enough force to enter a person. It's not an assumption, it's a 100% scientific fact. The bullet will fall at a small fraction of the speed that it was going when fired out of the gun. Hardly enough kill someone.

In the case of that child you mentioned, it could have been fired strait just right from maybe a mile away or so, and the kid could have tilted his head just right and hit him. Or it could have possibly been fired from an elevated area, or the sky (plane?).

I'm a physicist. You are wrong. Bullets fired into the air can kill. Plenty of REAL LIFE incidents of this happening to make your statement absurd on the face of it.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Not an expert, I just have shot before and understand bullet drop and physics. You don't need to only shoot at 90 degrees for it to be pretty much be harmless.

Sounds like you have a bit more to learn. The rest of that is just... not even worth addressing because it's just bragging and Wikipedia links. You should go ahead and re-read what I wrote as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you need to educate yourself before you speak.

More real PROOF that bullets shot into the air are dangerous. There is this thing called Google and it took all of 15 seconds to find those articles. Try it out before you open your mouth again. :rollseyes

Man watching fireworks struck by falling bullet | wtsp.com

Diego Duran, boy shot in head on New Year's, recovering at home | wtsp.com

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'm a physicist. You are wrong. Bullets fired into the air can kill. Plenty of REAL LIFE incidents of this happening to make your statement absurd on the face of it.

Shh. Science and physics have no place on SVTP.

Users who are viewing this thread