hit by stray bullet at a car show.....

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Well, I was the lucky recipient of getting hit with a stray bullet over the weekend while I was parked at a car show

Hit the front passenger seat right in the side bolster. Not really sure what the odd's are , but it could have been much worse.

Onto the pic's:

CCE4015F-9A88-405A-8455-B692C54A0B36-2287-000000C2271E0D67_zps0093618c.jpg

9C566CFF-E4CE-4086-BCBA-A32F41C7AE34-2287-000000C24775EFE0_zps66eb52a8.jpg

DSC_0227_zpsc33a0e7b.jpg

and my car on the show field:
8FDED5F4-E7C1-46A2-8641-80C6802A6001-2287-000000C3790E15CB_zps1d0984dd.jpg

I am greatfull that no one got hurt, mamed or killed. Luckily mt top was down ( I normally leave it up at shows ) so just the seat got hit.

I called the police after I dug the round out of the seat, said they had problems with locals firing guns in the woods. Clearly someone took a shot into the sky and it came down in my seat:fm:

My poor 16k 10th car is now tainted:nonono:. I need to figure out how the hell I am going to fix this one.

Seriously, what are the odd's............not sure if I should sell the car or go buy a lottery ticket.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
TMI offers great replacement seat covers. Saw them at Mustang Week this year, and their 10th Anniv. covers look OUTSTANDING!

Side note, we had this same thing happen locally on July 4th, only a little boy lost his life walking to a fireworks show with his dad. Idiots don't think that what goes up must come down.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Clearly guns need to be banned! Did you find the bullet?

Edit picture just loaded. Def it keep it.

Last edited:

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
damn....looks like a 45 ACP round...they couldn't have been too terribly far away considering it's such a slow moving round and most likely fired from a pistol, but definite'y still could have caused serious damage had someone been in your passenger seat....

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Did anyone hear the gun shot? I agree it couldn't have been that far away...Scary stuff right there. Car looks amazing!

Huff035

Established Member
I expected this to be a play on words and someone in a Bullitt hit your car lol.

glad to see no one got hurt, pretty crazy to say the least.

TClark22

Established Member
thats nuts

i thought this thread was going to be showing a sick bullitt or something at a car show...lol but thread title was serious!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
damn....looks like a 45 ACP round...they couldn't have been too terribly far away considering it's such a slow moving round and most likely fired from a pistol, but definite'y still could have caused serious damage had someone been in your passenger seat....

Agreed on distance and yep looks like 45 ACP to me.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
this was at the New Hampshire Mustang club Mustang mania show at Anheiser busch.
The barns you see behind the car are where the iconic clydesdales are kept!!

I personally did not see or hear anything, I discovered the hole in my seat. I was not near the car when it hit. A friend said he did hear the bullet hit, but didn't think anything of it at the time. In retrospect, it probably came close to his head considering he was standing behind my car.

Earlier in the day, we had people come up to my car and tell me they heard gunshots in the woods behind barns. So they were not that far away.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
WOW. :uh oh:

When I think of the 42 ways that could have gone worse, thank goodness it was ONLY a seat.

Agree on 45 ACP, doesn't even look like it bounced off something. Looks like someone shot up into the air and it fell?

Glad no one was hurt. Sorry it happen to you OP.

E

Users who are viewing this thread