Hit another brick wall in my rebuild...

captthunderpnts

Established Member
Evening, all.

Got the motor back in the car, trans bolted up, wiring harness run and (95%) connected.

I was left over with this little guy:

257swuXl.png

Any clue where this goes? I've got the cam sensor, coolant overflow tank and coolant sensor all hooked up on the driver's side, but I am completely racked trying to figure out where this connector is supposed to go.

I have no idea if this is related, but I am also having a problem with the fuel pump not priming, so my fuel rails are bone dry. I've read that it can be anything from a bad fuel pump (please no), the CCRM in the fenderwell kicked it (equally bad), or the PATS system has managed to activate itself. Not so sure about PATS, as I am able to crank and turn the motor over with no problem, and I'm definitely getting spark. Is there a tell-tale sign that draws out in crayon that PATS got tripped somehow? I know the anti-theft light should blink rapidly on the gauge cluster, but I've no idea if it will stop during cranking, or if it should change pace, etc.

As always, any pointers are greatly appreciated. I am starting to get desperate now, as this thing has been down since October, and I have now missed two deadlines to getting her back on the road. Here's to my junker Toy pickup living on :rockon:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I just rebuilt my motor and come to think of it, I have the same sensor not hooked up. Mine starts fine and no extra codes popping up. Already had it dyno'd and everything.

-Mark

captthunderpnts

Established Member
Cam sensor and coolant reservoir sensors are both plugged up. I know it doesn't go to the EGR system that I removed, so this is definitely baffling.

Any thoughts on my no fuel situation?

captthunderpnts

Established Member
...does the coolant reservoir have more than one sensor bung? Both sensors on the crossover and the one right under the fill cap are already hooked up with this plug left over. Still no idea where it goes unless it was SAI. I don't recall any electrical connectors on the plumbing I removed.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Evening, all.

Got the motor back in the car, trans bolted up, wiring harness run and (95%) connected.

I was left over with this little guy:

257swuXl.png

Any clue where this goes? I've got the cam sensor, coolant overflow tank and coolant sensor all hooked up on the driver's side, but I am completely racked trying to figure out where this connector is supposed to go.

I have no idea if this is related, but I am also having a problem with the fuel pump not priming, so my fuel rails are bone dry. I've read that it can be anything from a bad fuel pump (please no), the CCRM in the fenderwell kicked it (equally bad), or the PATS system has managed to activate itself. Not so sure about PATS, as I am able to crank and turn the motor over with no problem, and I'm definitely getting spark. Is there a tell-tale sign that draws out in crayon that PATS got tripped somehow? I know the anti-theft light should blink rapidly on the gauge cluster, but I've no idea if it will stop during cranking, or if it should change pace, etc.

As always, any pointers are greatly appreciated. I am starting to get desperate now, as this thing has been down since October, and I have now missed two deadlines to getting her back on the road. Here's to my junker Toy pickup living on :rockon:

Are you running a chip or anything??

captthunderpnts

Established Member
Is the theft light blinking at all during cranking?

I will have to verify Sunday evening when I return home. I do know the theft light does blink prior to cranking, for what it's worth.

Is there a surefire way to tell if the PATS system has nerfed my car? Also if that's the case, what would be the best way to get it disabled? I've read it may have to be towed to a stealership to be flashed, but what about an SCT tune - let's say I go Bama (just to get the handheld), would they disable PATS in the tune if I specify on one of my custom tune sheets?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
If the pats is working properly, the pats light will turn on when you turn the ignition on and then go out after a few seconds.. Any flashing means it's not reading the key. I cannot answer how it's turned off in the tune.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It's SAI. Mines deleted and the plugs laying to the side. I removed it out of a friends 98 cobra termi swap car.

Users who are viewing this thread