Historic / Collectable Race Car questions

JohnW#88

Established Member
Pretty cool car John! Have you contacted PD yet and if so what did he think of his car coming back?

What are your plans with the car? I've seen a couple of the old Real Time cars running around in the SCCA circuit.

Most important thing is that YOU like it! Restore it, drive it, and have fun with it.

Thanks. It's an all time top 10 car for me.

Not sure what PD will think. I'll phone him when the process officially starts. I'm hopeful he'll be receptive but its anyones call.

There were 5 of these built.

Kleinubings car is in a museum in Cali.
Plumbs car went to Canada and is now back in upstate ny. It continues to participate at local SCCA events in STU.
Another car is in the Dominican Republic and is a complete disaster.
A 4th car is in Panama (has been heavily modified and is in awful condition)

Fred Meyers/ PDs car is mine.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Additionally, the other RTR cars are nearly all gone.

I outlined the Integras above. Perhaps 3 have survived.

The two RSXs debuted in 2003, one went to Panama (i may buy it too) the other was distroyed in the Dominican Republic.

The NSX is in the same museum in Cali.

The 4- 2004-2008 TSXs have all been crushed as per PD. Honda demanded the cars were distroyed after their usefulness was over. They have one shell left but they can't sell it. I tried.

The two current GTS cars may be For Sale after this season, but will be north of $100k each.

Out of the 14 RTR World Challenge cars since 1997, it looks like maybe 7 cars remain of which two are in a private museum.

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Most important thing is that YOU like it! Restore it, drive it, and have fun with it.

I agree.

I wouldn't trade anything for the fun that I've had racing a 1965 Mustang (20+ years now). The engine is now being rebuilt for the sixth time.
RA2012a.jpg

I would also never trade anything for the fun that I have enjoyed with my 1995 Cobra R (~15 years).
1995Ra.jpg

The costs were worth the money spent. :-D

flattrack53

Established Member
I don't think I want to race with you Doc. It looks like you race at some shady tracks with all of them bullet holes.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think I want to race with you Doc.

I promise. I didn't place one bullet hole on my car.
RA2012j.jpg

It was Gary. He knew that I had a few old guns and all.

RA2012a.jpg

It's been a great run. Gary has won a dozen championships in the old cars.

I still own one of the best S&W Model 27 collections (four of ten):
M27001.jpg

Gary still has a desire to win another dozen championships in a 1995 Motorola Cup Car in vintage. I wouldn't bet against him.

brianz426

Established Member
Additionally, the other RTR cars are nearly all gone.

I outlined the Integras above. Perhaps 3 have survived.

The two RSXs debuted in 2003, one went to Panama (i may buy it too) the other was distroyed in the Dominican Republic.

The NSX is in the same museum in Cali.

The 4- 2004-2008 TSXs have all been crushed as per PD. Honda demanded the cars were distroyed after their usefulness was over. They have one shell left but they can't sell it. I tried.

The two current GTS cars may be For Sale after this season, but will be north of $100k each.

Out of the 14 RTR World Challenge cars since 1997, it looks like maybe 7 cars remain of which two are in a private museum.

Very interesting^. Looking forward to the pics.

JohnW#88

Established Member
th

Here's a photo of Pierre Kleinubing's cars in the Acura museum.

It would be #1 in pecking order due to it's 3 Championships.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Awesome pictures. What does that car weigh?

Not 100% sure. 2300-2400 I suspect.

I'm going to talk with the folks at WC about getting one of the original VTS sheets for my records. A copy would be cool, too. The folks there are super nice and I'm hoping they may have a few things to fill in some of the blanks.

Users who are viewing this thread