Hey guys gotta quick question about GTO's...

l8nightsvt

Established Member
It would be slower from a roll, but autos launch hard, and make up for the difference in weight through the 1/4 mile due to aggressive tuning. They do have lower trap speeds though.

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Alright, well we are looking for a stock Mach1 for him to run because I guess those are supposed to be in his range...

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
jf4boogie said:
You will kill him.... DO IT!!!

I ran a newer one (6.0) and it was a manual and I drug his ass bus lengths.

Unless its the new one you will win.

C O B R A

Fuel This Fire
Established Member
Huntington Long Island, NY ( August 2008 )
You will win easily. Most gto owners are not very good at launching, the gto is a hard car to launch so I hear. It should get ugly real quick. I have seen the 04's run 14's and I have also seen the 05-06's run 14's and 13's. Most of the 13's I have seen are like 13.6-13.8's.

mr2cam

Established Member
You will kill him. I saw an 04 L with a #4 pulley destroy a 6.0 A4 with a 100shot from a dig.

coreseller

Established Member
Coincidental that I stumbled upon this thread today. A stock Terminator should easily pull a LS1 auto GTO. How do I know? I HAD an '04 GTO 6 speed along with an '01 Cobra vert that put down 300 rwhp and my Cobra would stay pretty even with the GTO. The reason I say HAD is that exactly 5 and a half hours ago my GTO got creamed by a kid who had his license for a total of 4 days. He pulled out in front of me this afternoon while on his cell phone, I broadsided him throwing us both into an Escalade. It wasn't pretty. Not sure if the car will be a write off or not, nose, hood one if not both fenders gone and the radiator was pushed pretty good into / around the front of the motor. Also the passenger door would not open. Strangely enough, no airbags went off. I sold my Cobra about 2 months back since I felt noone needs a Cobra AND a GTO, you beleive that. Now the wife and I are down to a Honda Odyssey minivan, I'll be sitting home tonight rubbing my "virginia" as one of my boys calls it. Luckily noone hurt though. Those damn tires were only 3 days old on that GTO.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Had a bonestock 04 GTO and the Cobra at the same time and there was no question. The Cobra absolutely annihilated it even when it only had 415 rwhp. Bottom line... your friend is going to need a mod budget if he wants to play.

coreseller said:
I HAD an '04 GTO 6 speed along with an '01 Cobra vert that put down 300 rwhp and my Cobra would stay pretty even with the GTO. The reason I say HAD is that exactly 5 and a half hours ago my GTO got creamed by a kid who had his license for a total of 4 days.
Sad to hear about another one. Got rid of my GTO too because a kid rear ended it. :fm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread