Hey guys gotta quick question about GTO's...

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
My buddy has had the same POS jetta for a while now, he just bought a 2004 5.7L Automatic GTO and he thinks that its the fastest thing ever...remember hes coming from a freakin 1.8L turbo 4 door jetta to a 5.7L V8 so I can understand how it FEELS like its crazy fast but eh...anyways, I was just curious what the out come would be if we raced. I have a 2003 Cobra with Borla Stingers, he swears that he will keep up pretty good but I have never raced a GTO and would like some input from the experts (you guys)...thanks SVTP

RedfireVNM

Established Member
come on guys...I know you have had SOME experiance with GTOs HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!!!

jf4boogie

Established Member
You will kill him.... DO IT!!!

I ran a newer one (6.0) and it was a manual and I drug his ass bus lengths.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
stock GTO cannot hang with a stockish cobra. Especially since its an automatic. Go from a roll in second at like 40 and you'll put good 4 cars length on him

Let us know how it turns out.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
You'll rape him.....bad.

I take stock LS1 goats with ease, but racing a Terminator is another story.

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
04 GTO's had the 5.7 LS1 engine....05 and newer had the 6.0 LS2 engine. He lying to you...he doest really have one.

With a Terminator...you should take him. I believe they run mid to low 13's stock.

RedfireVNM

Established Member
^^^^^its an 04 with the LS1...Automatic...hopefully we can get some runs in tonight. Ill let you guys know how it turns out :lol:

5pointHo

Established Member
NewKid said:
You'll rape him.....bad.

I take stock LS1 goats with ease, but racing a Terminator is another story.

good to know. i cant wait til i get my L .. then he wont have shit to say .. AGAIN. hahaha. :banana:

l8nightsvt

Established Member
If its a 2004 5.7L you will smoke him with ease, if its the 2005 6.0 you WILL have some trouble from a dig unless you are a good driver. The auto GTOs are faster than the manuals from a dig, and are capable of high 12s. From a roll you should smoke him.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Jimmyboy159 said:
If its a 2004 5.7L you will smoke him with ease, if its the 2005 6.0 you WILL have some trouble from a dig unless you are a good driver. The auto GTOs are faster than the manuals from a dig, and are capable of high 12s. From a roll you should smoke him.

I've raced 2 LS2 GTO's and took them both. One was from 30ish to like 80ish and I was pulling pretty hard. The second one was from like 70 to about 150-155ish (boy was that fun), had him by a nose. Basically I haven't noticed to big of a difference. A Terminator will have no problem with either, pulley it and forget it.

02SVTFoc said:
good to know. i cant wait til i get my L .. then he wont have shit to say .. AGAIN. hahaha. :banana:

You'll fall in love with it everytime you get in.:banana:

RedfireVNM

Established Member
klarkent42 said:
1st to 4th and call it a day.... hahaha
im going ot try the 1st to 3rd first...and if i STILL beat him with that then i will try the 1st to 4th...if i beat him with that...he should sell his car, where do you live in Oxnard? Iv never seen you around

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
RedfireVNM said:
im going ot try the 1st to 3rd first...and if i STILL beat him with that then i will try the 1st to 4th...if i beat him with that...he should sell his car, where do you live in Oxnard? Iv never seen you around
Near Oxnard College. You? do you ever head out to the camarillo spot on fri's or sat's?

Users who are viewing this thread