Henry Ruggs III Vegas crash and the aftermath.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Football player obliterated a woman in her car. He was traveling multiple times the posted speed limit.

Don’t recall if alcohol was involved or not, I’m thinking not.

Edit: He was intoxicated, and she burned alive with her dog. Forgot those lovely details.

13'5.0

Established Member
Its really not. When intoxicated the body is loose and moves easily in a crash. A sober person natural body reaction is to tense up. Which makes things much worse.
I’ve heard this my whole life and always thought it was complete bs. Makes zero sense. Has anybody seen any evidence or data to back this up?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Zero sense? Seriously? :unsure: Ever see a drunk fall from a stand position. They usually don't try to break their fall like a sober person would do. So again, intoxicated = loose body. Sober = tense body. Pretty simple and it's seen all the time.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Football player obliterated a woman in her car. He was traveling multiple times the posted speed limit.

Don’t recall if alcohol was involved or not, I’m thinking not.

Edit: He was intoxicated, and she burned alive with her dog. Forgot those lovely details.
And he was traveling at over 150 mph

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I used to immediately call people that did shit like this terrible people, but I guess I’ve aged a little.

Was his decision a horrible one? Yes. Probably wasn’t his first time either. And yea, I also agree he should do a lot of sitting.

I can’t sit here and say I’ve NEVER driven when I probably shouldn’t have. But I can say I’ve ever tested fate in those situations either.

Garbage situation for everyone all because someone with money to burn wanted to have fun instead of be responsible.

Wow.

I'm the opposite.

Older I get the more I'm totally cool with them just chucking him in a shallow dirt grave.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow.

I'm the opposite.

Older I get the more I'm totally cool with them just chucking him in a shallow dirt grave.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I think that post was before I knew all the details. No way doing 150+ while intoxicated is excusable.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
I’ve heard this my whole life and always thought it was complete bs. Makes zero sense. Has anybody seen any evidence or data to back this up?
Without getting into it, can confirm from personal experience.

Dusten

Established Member

1) drunk drivers are 65x more likely to survive a crash

2) scientists do not accept being loose as the cause.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
3-10 years is complete bullshit. The days are long gone where you can plead ignorance to the effects of drunk driving. He should get that just for the dog. If that had been my wife and dog that burned alive due to this complete piece of shit he would've gotten a death sentence.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
At that speed I'm amazed he was largely uninjured, drunk or not. Just seems like a wreck at those speeds into a slower object should result in greater injury.

Hopefully, that plea is rejected and he gets 30+.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
3-10 years is complete bullshit. The days are long gone where you can plead ignorance to the effects of drunk driving. He should get that just for the dog. If that had been my wife and dog that burned alive due to this complete piece of shit he would've gotten a death sentence.
One thing that really bothers me as well is that he was at TopGolf beforehand and that is located on the other side of town from where the wreck occurred. Not to mention that the NFL has Uber Black Car Service for NFL players to get a ride anywhere. He could have Ubered in style all the home.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
One thing that really bothers me as well is that he was at TopGolf beforehand and that is located on the other side of town from where the wreck occurred. Not to mention that the NFL has Uber Black Car Service for NFL players to get a ride anywhere. He could have Ubered in style all the home.

Absolutely. He had also earned $11M by that point so certainly could afford a car service as well.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
1) drunk drivers are 65x more likely to survive a crash

2) scientists do not accept being loose as the cause.

Drunk Drivers survive because they are the Hitter vs being the Hit-ie most of the time.

Cars hold up best to frontal impacts. The victims are typically T-boned, Rear Ended or hit in an offset/angled manner as they try and avoid the on coming shit stain.

Users who are viewing this thread