Henry Ruggs III Vegas crash and the aftermath.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Raiders just canned another player, Damon Arnette, for a video showing him with a firearm and threatening to kill someone. God, I wish the Chargers had moved here instead of Raiders.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Horrible horrible.... what a testament as to the build toughness of that corvette. Holy shit.

Makes me think of the time my C5 got hit by a full grown deer on the rear quarter dashing across the street at 5am while en route to the gym.... deer died instantly... my fiber glass and wood C5 only had a very minor and barely visible 1.5” crack to the rear fender.... couldn’t believe that’s is all the damage it got from it.

Now that I think about it.... that C5 car was an absolute tank.

I hope this dumb mother****er ends up broke from this....

13'5.0

Established Member
Horrible tragedy. Yep, his career is done, his live is done, and he will forever have to live with the memories of that fateful night and sitting there watching the flames engulfing the car he slammed into. 158mph on city streets? Wow! He deserves the maximum punishment and then some. And yet there are many who believe they can drive/control a vehicle after drinking to the point of impairment. What a sad and senseless tragedy.
He'll be out in 6 years. Good behavior. Sign with the Cowboys

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
It's a pretty sad case, young lady was just driving with her dog in the car and minding her own business. Why didnt he use the service...who knows....could have been one of those "I'm now a pro athlete and I'm young, I'm invincible ..I got this!".
I've done totally stupid things...once driving while drunk doing 150+mph in my lightning on a empty highway while on the phone. I look back now and say to myself...WTF was I thinking!
One thing about some of these KIDS becoming pro athletes...at times they need coaching off the field on how to be an adult.

rborden

Established Member
Another self-absorbed, narcissistic, millionaire with too much money, no maturity and a lack of common sense.

This Judge and Prosecutor better send a message and a harsh one. He needs no less than 40 years in prison. He should be stripped of every dime and possession.

What makes me sick is even if he gets sentenced to all 46 years, he’ll probably still be out at age 40, some network will pick him up as an analyst, he’ll go on tv boasting about how he screwed up, grew to know Christ in prison and blah blah. His life will eventually at some point continue on.

The woman he killed…her life will never get another chance. Her family will never have the proper justice. No amount of money, prison time or apologies will ever make amends for that woman burning to death while she was alive, conscious and screaming. What an awful way to go.

I wonder if the family will sue Toyota?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Another self-absorbed, narcissistic, millionaire with too much money, no maturity and a lack of common sense.

This Judge and Prosecutor better send a message and a harsh one. He needs no less than 40 years in prison. He should be stripped of every dime and possession.

What makes me sick is even if he gets sentenced to all 46 years, he’ll probably still be out at age 40, some network will pick him up as an analyst, he’ll go on tv boasting about how he screwed up, grew to know Christ in prison and blah blah. His life will eventually at some point continue on.

The woman he killed…her life will never get another chance. Her family will never have the proper justice. No amount of money, prison time or apologies will ever make amends for that woman burning to death while she was alive, conscious and screaming. What an awful way to go.

I wonder if the family will sue Toyota?
What does Toyota have to do with any of this?

rborden

Established Member
What does Toyota have to do with any of this?

The Toyota RAV4 the victim was driving when she was hit by Ruggs, burst into flames.

Ford had a similar issue with the crown vics and the fuel tanks bursting into flames when being rear ended. There was a big recall and/or lawsuit over it.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
The Toyota RAV4 the victim was driving when she was hit by Ruggs, burst into flames.

Ford had a similar issue with the crown vics and the fuel tanks bursting into flames when being rear ended. There was a big recall and/or lawsuit over it.
I don't know many car manufacturers that test collisions with deltaV > 100mph

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
idk why they keep saying rav4 in the pictures it clearly looks like a prius

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
There is quite a difference between "Exploding" on impact at 50-60 mph which is what was happening with the Ford vs. being "Torn apart" at 125-150+ mph and spraying fuel everywhere to ignite everything.

This type of incident is Apples to Oranges....... ANY vehicle hit at those speeds will puncture or tear a gas tank. Its just basic metal and baffles dont do shit at those speeds.

And it was definately a Rav4. But certainly looked like a Prius afterwards smh.

Last edited:

rborden

Established Member
Sue Toyota? L O L....

Come on my guy! Scumbag rear ended them at over 150 mph!!!

Let me say that again ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY.

yea, that’s all on the drunk driver.

He was at 127 mph when the airbags deployed upon impact.

The black box recorded 156 mph seconds before impact. So he did try to brake somewhat but it was too little too late.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
He was at 127 mph when the airbags deployed upon impact.

The black box recorded 156 mph seconds before impact. So he did try to brake somewhat but it was too little too late.

if that’s the case then I stand corrected on the extra 13mph.... still my point stands... at that speed.... they were all toast... it is an absolutely miracle that the guilty party survived.... very ironic and disappointing..

rborden

Established Member
if that’s the case then I stand corrected on the extra 13mph.... still my point stands... at that speed.... they were all toast... it is an absolutely miracle that the guilty party survived.... very ironic and disappointing..

I’m not saying Toyota is liable but just thinking how sue happy everyone is these days.

rborden

Established Member
Sorry for the thread bump, but…

This pos is getting 3-10 years on a plea deal. Praying the Judge rejects it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry for the thread bump, but…

This pos is getting 3-10 years on a plea deal. Praying the Judge rejects it.

seems like bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread