Hennessey Viper vs 2.4 KB Cams 04 Cobra

Crazy1

Established Member
I wanna see! =) I granny'd that car, I sure hope you win, if you go from a Dig your gonna own his ass till about 120ish. I say this because I drove a friends hennesey viper and it just spun, never hooked and went. I think thats will be your advantage! Figured you woulda put that small pulley on there already! Get to it! I wanna see my toy go low 10s on a road race suspension! I think its easy possible if you toss some slicks on it!

Brandon

black2003svt

Established Member
Crazy1 said:
I wanna see! =) I granny'd that car, I sure hope you win, if you go from a Dig your gonna own his ass till about 120ish. I say this because I drove a friends hennesey viper and it just spun, never hooked and went. I think thats will be your advantage! Figured you woulda put that small pulley on there already! Get to it! I wanna see my toy go low 10s on a road race suspension! I think its easy possible if you toss some slicks on it!

Brandon
Whats up!! If I have enough time before this race I will get the other pulley on with a GOOD race tune:coolman: All the viper guys say Im going to lose? Maybe but no shame in a loss to a Henn Viper.I think we will be close to the same weight and power (If I dont up the boost:-D ) Hey I have spanked a few fast cars already I will have to give ya a call soon. Ever find my other key?

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
dun4791 said:
A 99 GTS weighs 3400 max. If he has drag radials, you lose. The GTSs hook. If hes on Pilots, you will get him out of the hole to about 50mph, then you lose.
You even sound like a Viper guy. :bored:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
black2003svt said:
Do you know what the 850 kit is? Why will he pull up top aerodynamics , gears ?

For whatever reason, vipers just seem to pull like crazy towards the top end, especially when modded.:-D :burnout: There are are tons of vids and auto tests that back that up.

I'd like to get a confirmation that it is really a 850 package. That's like Henns biggest N/A engine package and cost big $$$. It easily could be, but I'd like to know for sure.

black2003svt

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
For whatever reason, vipers just seem to pull like crazy towards the top end, especially when modded.:-D :burnout: There are are tons of vids and auto tests that back that up.

I'd like to get a confirmation that it is really a 850 package. That's like Henns biggest N/A engine package and cost big $$$. It easily could be, but I'd like to know for sure.

What do they do to the engine to get 625rwhp? What kind of money would you spend for that package? Any more info would be great. Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here are the specs for the Hennessey 650 package. I'm going to have to call this a driver's race if Black2003SVT has gone 11.07 @ 135.6 or worn DRs, based on the info below. If the Viper has DRs or slicks, the edge moves definitely to the Viper. But it will still be driver vs. driver. How much track experience does this guy have?

Venom 650R Engine Upgrade

"Running on stock Michelin run-flat 19-inch radials, we drove the Venom 650R to an amazing 10.76 quarter mile time - making this the quickest stock-tired vehicle we've tested." MOTOR TREND

Power Output:
695 bhp @ 5,700 rpm (605 rear wheel hp thru catalysts)
695 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm (605 rear wheel torque)

Acceleration (tested by MOTOR TREND on stock tires):
0 - 60 mph: 2.99 sec.
1/4 mile: 10.76 @ 134 mph

Acceleration (tested by MOTOR TREND on street-legal slicks):
0 - 60 mph: 2.67 sec.
1/4 mile: 10.44 @ 133.5 mph

Package Includes:

522 CID Stroker Motor (4.040 in. bore x 4.075 in. stroke)
JE Forged Pistons (11.0:1 Compression)
JE Forged Steel Wrist Pins
Manley Pro Forged Steel Rods with ARP Rod Bolts
Custom Machined Factory Crankshaft (exchange)
Custom Machined Block
Computer Balanced Rotating Assembly
Venom Cold Air Induction System
Venom 1.75 in. Stainless Steel Headers with Burns 5 to 1 Merge Collector
Venom 3 in. Stainless Steel Exhaust System
Hardened Pushrods
Hydraulic Lifter Upgrade
Ported / Polished Cylinder Heads
Extreme Duty Valve Springs
Titanium Retainers
3-Angle Racing Valve Job
Venom 650R Hydraulic Camshaft Upgrade

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
All I'm going to say is if Motor Trend can get a 10.76 out of that "same" Viper then you're probably going to lose. The reason is Motor Trend has always sucked at getting 1/4 mile times. If they got a 10.76 then that thing well easily go low 10's! Maybe 10 oh's!

Crazy1

Established Member
black2003svt said:
Whats up!! If I have enough time before this race I will get the other pulley on with a GOOD race tune:coolman: All the viper guys say Im going to lose? Maybe but no shame in a loss to a Henn Viper.I think we will be close to the same weight and power (If I dont up the boost:-D ) Hey I have spanked a few fast cars already I will have to give ya a call soon. Ever find my other key?
I am still looking for it, been so busy the last week I haven't had time to dig around too much though. I haven't forgot ya though! If they got a 10.76 on slicks you should own him on street rubber. I mean >I< got 11.07's outta the street tires shifting nice, and that was on the old rubber, the new tires hooked a TON better on the street so I can only assume it will do better at the track.

B

Crazy1

Established Member
CPViolation said:
+1,
can tunes are shit.
Dyno tune the thing first.
Actually I was quite surprised at how good that 'can' tune was from RWTD, A/F was dead on and has never been touched, the only thing that needed work was teh startup and part throttle with A/C on. I certainly agree though that there is no replacement for a good dynotune. Hell my car (tonys now) made 637rw, literally driving 40 mins to the place, and pulling it on the rollers. cold or iced that car shoulda pulled 670rw on the 'can tune' Thats quite respectable to me! =)

Brandon

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
black2003svt said:
What do they do to the engine to get 625rwhp? What kind of money would you spend for that package? Any more info would be great. Thanks

Full n/a engine build. Real nasty. If he really has 625rwhp n/a you will know it right away. There is no mistaking a screamer like that. I saw one once that had ~660rwhp and it sounded mean as hell.

A total package, with all the other "stuff" that make up the total package would be in the ~25-30k range.

black2003svt

Established Member
CobraBob Thanks for the info. This is going to be a FUN race!!! Not sure how much track exp he has. He told my friend that he went 206mph in it? I have about 40 1/4 runs but none in this new car yet. I can speed shift good. It should come down to driver and traction. My car has a Vortech ice box any idea how much of a diff they make with ice. The dyno(637) was with no ice or cool down. Thanks Tony

WDW MKR

Established Member
Mail order tunes should not be confused with "canned" tunes. The latter is a generic pre-programmed tune that comes on an XCal2 or Predator straight from the manufacturer. A tune from custom tuning places like RWTD, VMP, MileHi, etc, is on a completely different level. It can usually be checked on a dyno and will require little to no changes.

WDW MKR

Established Member
black2003svt said:
I just bought the car and it is a safe tune 18 deg and A/F is good. It will be going to Md in Cincinnati for a tune soon.

Might want to rethink that. There have been numerous cars come out of that shop tuned on the ragged edge. Not bashing them as I haven't used them, but I would be weary.

Users who are viewing this thread