Help! YSi non intercooled what discharge/air inlet/bypass valve

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I've got a YSi setup coming my way. The bracket is made to mount on my setup (navigator 4V DOHC timing cover). I am going to be running this blower non -intercooled (E85 car) with a small amount of boost.

Where should my MAF go? Where should I mount the bypass/bov and which should I buy?

Can I mount the maf in the discharge pipe (BA3000), and have the bov before it? Then run an air inlet w/ a filter off the blower?

Specs:
12:1 Compression
E85
367ci 4v
Race ported GT Supercar heads
big cams
big longtubes w/ 3" exhaust
7500rpm (shifting at 8K)
7.5" runner intake
10% o/d innovators west damper
Forged.

Thanks in advance for the advice :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd run a blow thru setup.. So I'd get a slot style maf and mount it after the bypass.. I'd either get a Mondo from Vortech or a Big Red Enclosed bypass and vent it to the atmosphere.

Also with those two bypass's it gives you the option to run a hose off of them to quite the noise down :)

SilverGTvert

Established Member
The YSi is a monster that moves a lot of air. I prefer a blow through with a slot style maf like the BA-5000. The Procharger race bov is a nicer piece than the Mondo in my opinion. The bov would be vented to atmosphere in this configuration.

I just happen to have a gently used BA-5000 if your interested.

Last edited:

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
BA3000 won't work well blow through? Anything I can do to get better range with the BA3000?

I'd assume I could have a mondo flange welded on to a straight piece of aluminum piping... say 3"? And then place the MAF after the mondo and before the throttle body?

Then just run a bend off the blower with a filter on the other end?

UNLESS someone can justify me doing an intercooler. I'd probably just pick up everything from treadstone.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
BA3000 won't work well blow through? Anything I can do to get better range with the BA3000?

I'd assume I could have a mondo flange welded on to a straight piece of aluminum piping... say 3"? And then place the MAF after the mondo and before the throttle body?

Then just run a bend off the blower with a filter on the other end?

UNLESS someone can justify me doing an intercooler. I'd probably just pick up everything from treadstone.

It'll run out of range more than likely. I would def get a slot style and sell the 3000.

I would run a intercooler from treadstone if you can swing it.

ON the other end you can run a powerpipe or a filter.

MOTOWN M

Established Member
Im running a YSI blow thru setup using a Procharger big red bov, a BA5000 slot style maf, and a precision 825hp intercooler, oh and a Hogans sheetmetal intake!
should be getting it dynoed in a couple weeks

Heres some info on blow thru vs draw thru systems Draw through vs Blow through MAF

20130130_182926_zps1901a7ee.jpg

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Im running a YSI blow thru setup using a Procharger big red bov, a BA5000 slot style maf, and a precision 825hp intercooler, oh and a Hogans sheetmetal intake!
should be getting it dynoed in a couple weeks

Heres some info on blow thru vs draw thru systems Draw through vs Blow through MAF

20130130_182926_zps1901a7ee.jpg

Good info thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

01yellercobra

Established Member
You don't need a Mondo/Big Red bypass, you said your gonna run low boost, spend that $$$ on something else..

He has a bigger motor. So it's going to take more CFM to make the same amount of boost. I had a Mini Race that was surging at only 14psi. I'm upgrading to a Tial this time around.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
He has a bigger motor. So it's going to take more CFM to make the same amount of boost. I had a Mini Race that was surging at only 14psi. I'm upgrading to a Tial this time around.

Any guesses on what a 2.75 RR pulley will make boost wise with a 10% IW damper? That's what I have currently. (8 Rib).

:beer:

I can snag a Mondo on the cheap, should I?
Ba5000 in a 3.5-4" in housing?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Any guesses on what a 2.75 RR pulley will make boost wise with a 10% IW damper? That's what I have currently. (8 Rib).

I can snag a Mondo on the cheap, should I?
Ba5000 in a 3.5-4" in housing?

I honestly have no clue. This T trim is my first Vortech. I'll be running a 2.95 with a 12% overdrive. If the Mondo is cheap enough might as well go for it. I'll let you know how my BA5000 work in a 3.5" housing. Hopefully I'll find out how everything works within the next week or so.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

A 2.95 and a 10% IW damper pulls about 20-21lbs ,so a 2.75 pulley is going to pull well over 20+psi:uh oh:
YUP a 2.75 Reichard is gonna be FAR from low boost, 20++, I have a 3.1 at close to 15lbs with a stock crank damper:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread