HELP with interior colors on 2003-2004 Mustang Cobras!

ContagiousB

Banned
Alright, I've always wondered this and have yet to figure it out. The 03 04 Cobras had 3 interior colors that I'm aware of (excluding mystic chrome and 10th anniversary models). In 2003 they had the light grey with black leather as well as a very light tan with black leather. In 2004 they carried over that light grey with black leather interior and also made a new color available which had black suede center with black leather.

Simple format:

2003- light grey suede/black leather
2003- light tan suede/black leather

2004- light grey suede/black leather
2004- black suede/black leather

Anyways, why can't I figure out the names of these colors???? There is "parchment", "charcoal", and "graphite".

Here's what I don't understand. On this website which lists the colors available both exterior and interior wise it doesn't make senese, atleast not to me. http://stangshiftergaskets.com/terminator_production_numbers.htm

Basically, if the light grey insert is the "charcoal" trim which is available in both 03 04 and makes sense because there is a TON of grey interior cars then it shows that the competition orange color does not have the "graphite" which would be the black suede found in MY 04 COMP ORANGE ONE!

The other scenario is that the grey interior is the "parchment" color. Which makes no sense because they changed the name in 04 to "graphite" which is the same color. Also, it lists that there are no Zinc Yellow Cobras with that color option... yet my friend just so happens to have that color combination.

Well, I've probably blown this whole thing out of proportions but it is driving me crazy!!! So, if anyone can clear the air that would be great!

Here's the colors so you can see for yourself.

04BlackCobraSeat.jpg
04GreyCobraSeat.jpg
04TanCobraSeat.jpg

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
To my understanding, all of the dark leather is the same on all of the versions listed - the only thing that changes is the the center panel colors. The dark leather is not "black" though. Not sure on the exact name, but it is more of a dark charcoal color than an actual black.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
in '03 all interiors were black and light grey insertsother than 10th's ( red inserts ), I don't remember parchment insert as an option in '03, maybe a USA only thing

in 04 you could order black/grey inserts or black/black inserts except Mystichromes

Matt
SVT Team Leader
Keystone Ford

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The 2003 did have a Medium Parchment accent interior. Leather portion of the seating was the same with both the Medium Parchment and Medium Graphite accents.

ContagiousB

Banned
I understand the blackish leather is all the same, I was mainly concerned with the interior portion. What are the names of all the colors? Lets see we have a grey interior, black interior, and a tan interior. What are they called? Also, what years were they made?

sonic cobra

Established Member
The first run of 2003 Cobras was built on the assembly line along with the 2002 model year Mustangs. Interior options were Medium Parchment and Medium graphite. Exterior colors included Mineral Gray and Redfire (2002 model year colors). Once the line was changed over for the 2003 model year Mustang, the second run of Cobras began and the parchment interior was dropped and Medium graphite was the only interior option until the 2004's. The Mineral Gray and Redfire colors for 2002 were replaced with Dark Shadow gray and I can't recall the new red color for 2003. They might also have changed the yellow for 2003 , I just don't recall right now.

ContagiousB

Banned
The first run of 2003 Cobras was built on the assembly line along with the 2002 model year Mustangs. Interior options were Medium Parchment and Medium graphite. Exterior colors included Mineral Gray and Redfire (2002 model year colors). Once the line was changed over for the 2003 model year Mustang, the second run of Cobras began and the parchment interior was dropped and Medium graphite was the only interior option until the 2004's. The Mineral Gray and Redfire colors for 2002 were replaced with Dark Shadow gray and I can't recall the new red color for 2003. They might also have changed the yellow for 2003 , I just don't recall right now.

So the grey interior was called what? The tan interior was called what? The black interior was called what?

03mgtermi

Established Member
tan has to be called parchment. its the only thing that makes sense.

04TanCobraSeat.jpg

the dark gray/black has to be called charcoal (because charcoal is black)

04BlackCobraSeat.jpg

the light gray has to be graphite by process of elimination (and because graphite, or pencil lead, is a lighter gray color almost a silver.

04GreyCobraSeat.jpg

this would solve all the OP's original confusions, except the impression that the light gray (graphite) interior is the most popular. it would seem the production numbers listed on the site don't reflect what we see running around on the streets and for sale ads etc.... feel free to disagree but i have a mineral gray coupe. 1 of 302. it has the light gray interior. i think the site should list that as graphite not charcoal, but maybe ford is backwards in their naming. i'm really glad this doesn't bug me as much as it does the OP

ContagiousB

Banned

04TanCobraSeat.jpg

04BlackCobraSeat.jpg

the light gray has to be graphite by process of elimination (and because graphite, or pencil lead, is a lighter gray color almost a silver.

04GreyCobraSeat.jpg

this would solve all the OP's original confusions, except the impression that the light gray (graphite) interior is the most popular. it would seem the production numbers listed on the site don't reflect what we see running around on the streets and for sale ads etc.... feel free to disagree but i have a mineral gray coupe. 1 of 302. it has the light gray interior. i think the site should list that as graphite not charcoal, but maybe ford is backwards in their naming. i'm really glad this doesn't bug me as much as it does the OP

You definitely make sense and I'm beginning to think that site which lists production number may be wrong..

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

04TanCobraSeat.jpg

04BlackCobraSeat.jpg

04GreyCobraSeat.jpg

I am a former Ford/Linc/Merc parts counter man, and I would like to confirm this post as factual.
Parchment=tan(formerly referred to as saddle a few years back)
Graphite=gray
Charcoal=black (also known as ebony in some instances)
Don't get me started on "Medium Stone":dw: or "Pebble":bash: WTF is wrong with saying Black, gray tan, etc???
I guess I can understanding them not wanting brownish gray. LOL!

When I ordered my Speed of Sound 1994-2004 Ford Mustang gauge pillars "A" pillar gauge pods I found out that there is more than one black for them, depending on the production date.

Last edited:

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Love my parchment interior:rockon:

Here is some production info for you on the 2003 vert color combos I got from a CD I received from Peter C. Sessler author of the Mustang Red Book

2003 Body/Top/Interior

Black/Black/Char 1095
Black/Black/Parch 68
Black/Black/Red 394
Black/Parch/parch 122

White/Black/Char 171
White/Black/Parch 7
White/Parch/Parch 130

Yellow/Black/Char 319

DSG/Black/Char 446

M Gray/Black/Char 154

T Red/Black/Char 150
T Red/Black/Red 369
T Red/Parch/Char 7
T Red/Parch/Parch 56

Redfire/Black/Char 403
Redfire/Parch/Char 11
Redfire/Parch/Parch 196

S Blue/Black/Char 340
S Blue/Black/Parch 2
S Blue/Parch/Parch 13

S Silver/Black/Char 81

M Silver/Black/Char 311
M Silver/Black/Red 237

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
I know 2 year old thread, but out of curiousity, the plastic interior peices are all the same color for 2004? The only differences are the seats?

If the plastic peices are different, when ordering a CDC light bar, how do you know which color to order?

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I know 2 year old thread, but out of curiousity, the plastic interior peices are all the same color for 2004? The only differences are the seats?

If the plastic peices are different, when ordering a CDC light bar, how do you know which color to order?
I am pretty sure the plastic and carpet are the same for all terminators.

SoCaDan

Established Member

CDC light bar would be Midnight

Users who are viewing this thread