Help with Heaton pulley...

Wayne64SS

Established Member
I was looking to buy and install a smaller pulley for my heaton. Right now the car just has K&N FIPK, UPR O/R X, and Bassanni 2.5" catback. I've ordered an SCT X3 already.

I want to know what i need to put a smaller pulley on the heaton, just for the rest of the summer until i can afford a KB or Whip.

I was on Lethal's website and picked out a pulley, I would like the Metco 2.70" hub and ring kit. I understand I should also get that secondary idler for belt wrap?

Any other supporting mods I need for this? BAP & MAF?

bigmoose

Established Member
go with a 2.76 and snub idler. you shouldn't need a BAP or MAF. I ran a 2.93/4# combo and i didn't need either.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
go with a 2.76 and snub idler. you shouldn't need a BAP or MAF. I ran a 2.93/4# combo and i didn't need either.

+1 on the 2.76 and snub idler.Most don`t need BAP of MAF,but some do.I`m right on the edge w/my MAF and pumps w/the 2.76''.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
why the 2.76 instead of 2.70? j/c. what is everyone getting for numbers with these? As far as i could tell i should be mid to upper 400s? Definitely wanted a snub idler. I kind wanted to get a BAP and MAF anyway so that when i go TS I already have the shit.

Boobinspector

Established Member
With a 2.8 upper pulley, upper aux pulley, single blade t/b, and borla Catback I put down 454hp/464trq at the rear wheels. By the way if you are going to get the pulley invest in a set of aux pulleys. The stock ones suck and will cause your belt to slip, even with the aux pulley. The stamped steel ones just cannot stand up to the stress. Plus by having all the aux pulleys you will get much better belt wrap. If you do go with a small pulley such as the 2.8 you will definetlly need a retune. Good Luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How much power you make with the 2.76 pulley will depend largely by your tune. As an example, with a 2.90 upper, intake, exhaust, Accufab TB, I made 457rwhp and 480rwtq (SAE). That's higher than "average" for those mods. Generally with the 2.76 choice you should expect to see something in 455-470rwhp range. Some get a bit more.

Boobinspector, you will need a retune with a 2.93 as well. ANY pulley change should include an A/F check (dyno or wideband) and the tune updated as is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread