Help with DDM tuning hi/low hid kit

crazywhiteboy90

Established Member
Just recently purchased and installed a DDM tuning HID kit 9007 hi/low 55w. The problem right now is that i can't get the hi/low function to work properly. The regular lights work fine. At first i had the wiring to the stock harness plug set up so the low beams worked but the high beams would turn the lights off i than swiched them around a few times and got it to where the low beams work but when you switch to high beams it doesnt change the light looks the same as low beam, no brighter or anything. I found the wiring from someone else on the forums that said it worked for them which looks like this

84458638.jpg

This current wiring has the low beams working fine, but when i switch to high beams the lights stay the same as on low beam. Any help would be very appreciated thanks everybody.

68474588.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Does the beam pattern change at all or is it not affected at all when you flip the hi beams??? If the pattern changes but the beam doesnt move up like a hi beam should than the kit is wired correctly, you just have the output of a HID bulb in a reflector housing made for a halogen bulb.

I ditched the DDM HID's because even when it was wired correctly and the beams would switch from hi to low the actual output was horrible. The beam pattern was crap (unusable) with both the hi and low beams, now I plan on going with a projector retro.

Last edited:

crazywhiteboy90

Established Member
Does the beam pattern change at all or is it not affected at all when you flip the hi beams??? If the pattern changes but the beam doesnt move up like a hi beam should than the kit is wired correctly, you just have the output of a HID bulb in a reflector housing made for a halogen bulb.

I ditched the DDM HID's because even when it was wired correctly and the beams would switch from hi to low the actual output was horrible. The beam pattern was crap (unusable) with both the hi and low beams, now I plan on going with a projector retro.

it seems like which ever way i switc the wires it stays the same and when i put it on high beam the light pattern doesnt seem to change which brings my next question is there anyway to somehow adjust the light or the angle on our cars to make the beam shine out more insted of at the ground? lol

Users who are viewing this thread