Help select my son's first car

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd have to say a full size pickup.

You can get a V8; haul stuff; they're usually cheap to find; easy to fix and have pretty good resale if they've been cared for so he/you won't lose your ass when the time comes.

Plus most of them hold up well in wrecks and you can haul stuff.

Remember; Every woman loves a pick up Man!

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Ranger is the best choice,..Very dependable...and you can break him into to the modding world...By letting him make a mini-truck....

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
mblgjr said:
I'd have to say a full size pickup.

You can get a V8; haul stuff; they're usually cheap to find; easy to fix and have pretty good resale if they've been cared for so he/you won't lose your ass when the time comes.

Plus most of them hold up well in wrecks and you can haul stuff.

Remember; Every woman loves a pick up Man!

+1

04cobra13

Established Member
97-99 toyota tacoma great lil truck....5 speed so reliable...got mine with 190,000 mi on it and still beats a v6 ranger!lol 4cyl good on gas and very usefull... pick ups always come in handy plus cheap insurance.... good luck!

GreyAsp

Established Member
rcn4god said:
'04 cobra clone that has been babied and has a 12 thousand dollar custom paint job...hahaha.....under 65k miles too
I'll give you $12,001.

wag03gt

Established Member
A Honda Element lol....On a serious note, i had a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee for my first car and i absolutely loved it, i still miss it somedays actually. It was a safe car, and he can do a little moding on the side to it

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
TJSwoboda said:
Any econobox with three pedals would be a good starter car, IMO. Me, I had an '81 Cutlass wagon.

--T.J.

I agree. my first car - '84 subaru brat, dont regret a day in that thing man i miss it lol

03CobraDude

Sunfires are nice cars. But they seem a little girly. I agree with the Ranger. A lot of my friends have them. I know a kid with a Taurus and he drives that thing all the time.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i had a 1992 GMC sierra fully loaded with a 4.3 and a 5spd for my first truck, as a matter of fact, i just bought that truck back after selling it over 4 years ago :)

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
04cobra13 said:
97-99 toyota tacoma great lil truck....5 speed so reliable...got mine with 190,000 mi on it and still beats a v6 ranger!lol 4cyl good on gas and very usefull... pick ups always come in handy plus cheap insurance.... good luck!

+1 I had a 98 2wd mini before I picked up my 4x4 that I have now. I bought it wrecked for 3k with 90,000 miles on it. I spent 1k to fix it and drove it for a year with not a single problem. They get awesome gas mileage and are pretty cheap on the insurance.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
The Ford 2.3's are pretty darn tough, the parts are cheap and they couldnt be any easier to work on.
Stang or Ranger. Newer Ranger 2.5 same great engine as a 2.3

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had a '92 civic sedan for my first car. Got me where I needed to go, hauled all my stuff and friends when need be. Even modded it a bit (in my ricer years). I'd say a mid 90's jeep cherokee or grand cherokee would be a great first car. The 4 cyl or small 6 will get good mileage and he can carry around all his crap in it. I actually want one now for a daily driver so I can carry a lot more stuff and tow around our jetski without having to borrow my dad's truck.

cobra-info

Established Member
HONDA Accord / Civic / Prelude or similar he can bang gears in it all day long, not accelerate too fast, bounce off the rev limiter and not really worry about it blowing up. It all depends dad, what kind of driving attitude he has? is agressive and hard on things and likes fast cars? IF SO GET HIM A SLOW ASS HONDA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread