Help My Baby broke

damon94

Established Member
tonight on my way home I gave the car some gas, and all of a sudden my rps's went to 5-6k, but i wasnt speeding up. There wasnt any noise or sounds to indicate anything broke. I was driving about 60-65 miles an hour at the time.

After that happened i backed out of the throttle, and now whenever i give the car any gas the rpm's jump from 2k-5k, and im not accelerating. the car also feels like its crouching down( if that makes sence to anyone).

So I pulled over, popped the hood all my belts and engine look fine. no noise or anything. but when i went to move again i start out in first and give it a little gas. if i go over 2k rpms it jumps to 5-6k and the engine revs up loud but nothing happens. in second gear when I go over 2k rpms the rear end shakes.

and last but not least when i push the gas pedal the boost gauge doesnt move at all.

Help!!!
sorry for the poor typing im pretty pissed/ upset atm
Damon

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
no idea but i would like to hear the diagnosis as well, sorry to hear though.

do you have a tune installed? anything been changed recently? check the intake to make sure nothing came loose:shrug: as for the rear end:shrug:

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
sounds like a clutch if the rpms are just jumping, if its under warranty just tow it to the dealer

manOwar

Established Member
Does the clutch pedal feel normal?

Can you change gears easly with the pedal pressed in while stopped?

Can you release the pedal in 1st and lower the rpm or stall the engine? Any noises when you do this? Listen for the cluch hiss.

Does the speedo move with the tach?

What month and year was your car built?

snake_handler

Established Member
What you are describing is most likely clutch slippage. Usually the result of a worn clutch or fluid leaking on to the clutch discs. Either way it's time for a new clutch.

damon94

Established Member
thanks guys. I called west way ford in irving texas this morning and my normal service guy was on vacation, so I got ahold of another guy that knows me up there. when i described the problem he told me to call roadside assistance and get it towed in.

He seemed confident that it was the clutch(just like you guys :) ) He said they do the tsb's all the time and it wouldnt be a big problem, but that he had to check it out first.

Ive recieved very good service from the dealership, and this morning was no different.

Does the clutch pedal feel normal? pretty normal. my clutch has always been pretty firm. and its still firm.

Can you change gears easly with the pedal pressed in while stopped? no, and i cant shift into reverse now either.

Can you release the pedal in 1st and lower the rpm or stall the engine? Any noises when you do this? Listen for the cluch hiss. the rpms lower then go back up to 1k, but it does still stall if I let the clutch all the way out.

Does the speedo move with the tach? not sure. didnt notice it, and unfortunatly i dont feel like driving it to find out.

What month and year was your car built? 2007. not sure what month. I bought it in july

I have no mods done so that wont be an issue.

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah sounds like the TSB for sure.

Isn't it wonderful that you have to WAIT until something like this happens before they'll perform the TSB?

I bet that was fun going 65 mph and the tach jumping all over the place.... nothing like not being able to take preventative measures without coming out of pocket :)

I'm sure they'll hook you up now man. Sorry it happened to you like this but unfortunately I think that's the only way they'll fix it.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
thanks guys. I called west way ford in irving texas this morning and my normal service guy was on vacation, so I got ahold of another guy that knows me up there. when i described the problem he told me to call roadside assistance and get it towed in.

He seemed confident that it was the clutch(just like you guys :) ) He said they do the tsb's all the time and it wouldnt be a big problem, but that he had to check it out first.

Ive recieved very good service from the dealership, and this morning was no different.

Does the clutch pedal feel normal? pretty normal. my clutch has always been pretty firm. and its still firm.

Can you change gears easly with the pedal pressed in while stopped? no, and i cant shift into reverse now either.

Can you release the pedal in 1st and lower the rpm or stall the engine? Any noises when you do this? Listen for the cluch hiss. the rpms lower then go back up to 1k, but it does still stall if I let the clutch all the way out.

Does the speedo move with the tach? not sure. didnt notice it, and unfortunatly i dont feel like driving it to find out.

What month and year was your car built? 2007. not sure what month. I bought it in july

I have no mods done so that wont be an issue.

you should be in good hands---TSB---+ No mods = no problem

g/l with all

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Yeah take it to Bankston Ford and let John Gallagher have a look at it. Sounds like the clutch is toast.

Edit: I see you are already hooked up with West Way Ford.

Last edited:

damon94

Established Member
ya they had already ordered 4 kits at westway. apparently they had 2 other cars do the same thing. so the parts are in and they told me id have it back on tuesday next week.

Users who are viewing this thread