HELP! MMR Block Adapter Leaking, Any ideas?

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
My MMR Block Adapter (first thing on this page: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/prod oiling_system.htm ) is leaking coolant as I was filling the system! Car has not been started yet so I would assume that it would leak oil as well... What gives? I installed a felpro gasket (of course it wasn't supplied with the $159.99 part) and all 4 bolts are tight as hell, they won't tighten anymore. Not to mention that now that all the piping is in place that this stupid block adapter is hard as hell to get to. It seems to be leaking from the right bolt (looking directly at it) and the bottom bolt... again, both are tight as hell.

I'm at a loss of words, almost all of my roadblocks on this build have been due to MMR products. All of the On3 stuff has been great so far!

If anybody has any ideas, I am all ears as I want to get this thing started! It's almost done!

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I just pulled the gasket out... Wow, what a Bitch when all the piping is in the way! Looks brand new as it should... You guys think MMR sent me a warped plate? This is just ridiculous, lol.

5bbdb7e4c7908811b83fb2e3dc54deda.jpg

ad2a19f5fa4e685382e2c3834b13ec7a.jpg

c495c6f2a4944da4a64f9c4499488b3e.jpg

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Ok, so I did a little looking around... It looks like the factory Ford gasket is different from the felpro one, look at the coolant passages closely. I'm trying the Ford one, wish me luck. Praying it's not the adapter itself, looks like this one may not be MMR's fault after all (thank goodness!)

096b9e77260a6111886f38b5730469b7.jpg

gt347mustang

Established Member
There are two different gaskets. I'm not sure on the specifics, but you probably have the wrong one.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Oh man, I just bought this part. Looking to delete my oil cooler and combine this with a MM oil filter relocation kit I bought years ago and never installed. I haven't worked on mine yet. Can you post the part number you end-up using? Thanks.

Last edited:

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Yea, I just ordered the Factory Ford Gasket: F65Z-6840-A. If you look at the one I was using the top part of the coolant passage (on the gasket) is even with the center of the top bolt hole, on the ford one, it comes up a bit and the top is above the bolt hole which is where it should be. I'm just hoping that that is my only issue, I should be getting it in the mail on Thursday from latemodelresto so I will post results most likely on next Friday.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Like mentioned, there are two gaskets. Felpro sells both. One is blue and one is red. I THINK one is for an aluminum block and one is for an iron block. I'm not 100% sure though. Or maybe one is for the cooler and one is for the adapter.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
It says on LMR, that the part F65Z-6840-A is for 96-04 4.6 2V and 4V...

I should have known better than to trust the advance auto people look up and get the gasket but who knew there are two different gaskets that go to the same place and look almost identical. Oh well, live and learn.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Yea, I just ordered the Factory Ford Gasket: F65Z-6840-A. If you look at the one I was using the top part of the coolant passage (on the gasket) is even with the center of the top bolt hole, on the ford one, it comes up a bit and the top is above the bolt hole which is where it should be. I'm just hoping that that is my only issue, I should be getting it in the mail on Thursday from latemodelresto so I will post results most likely on next Friday.

Thanks! I'll jot that down and keep an eye on this thread. Don't think I'll be getting to mine till April or May.

Hope this one works out for ya, Mark

TRBO VNM

Yup, there are 2 different gaskets based on block. Same block adapter can be used on either block, but the gasket is different.

Users who are viewing this thread