Help me pick an exciting AWD daily driver thats good in the snow...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
SHO is a great one to add.

Agreed.

Thoughts on a 350 4matic Benz?

see below.

I have a 13 E350 RWD. Solid, quiet, unfulfilling.

Explorer sport?

Another great idea. Really wake up with a tune and lots of room.

So you call the SHO not fast then suggest a "quick" Infiniti lol. I think we all know a SHO is going to be quicker/faster than the Infiniti.

x65000. The new Infiniti is pretty quick, but also very costly. It'll never carry the prestige of a MB or BMW.

Infiniti Q70L is a low 13 second car whereas the precious SHO is a high 13 second car. Not to mention that the infiniti is way better all around. That being said, this is not a discussion of modded vs. stock daily drivers.

Used CTSV will shit all over a SHO any day of the week and can be found for high 40's low 50's. Want to argue what a SHO can do against a CTSV?

Dumb to bring a CTSV into this when OP is looking for AWD. And yes a CTSV will shit on an SHO. We traded our 11 SHO for the CTSV.

_Satch_

Established Member
I know that the MB has been mentioned before, but the C43 AMG Sedan is a fun car. My wife has a 2017 Coupe with the 3.0 TT with 362 hp. AWD, 9 speed auto keeps it right in the power range, but definitely get the Performance Exhaust. Basically an electric valve that bypasses the muffler completely. Sounds really GOOD!
-Satch

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I know that the MB has been mentioned before, but the C43 AMG Sedan is a fun car. My wife has a 2017 Coupe with the 3.0 TT with 362 hp. AWD, 9 speed auto keeps it right in the power range, but definitely get the Performance Exhaust. Basically an electric valve that bypasses the muffler completely. Sounds really GOOD!
-Satch

especially full throttle upshifts. s+

ArabianOak

Established Member
Well the panamera was an interesting experience...

Car was exceptionally clean, interior was nothing short of amazing...the dealer starts the car and immediately gets a do not drive, pull over warning for the coolant to be low and engine overheating!

Car was stone cold, fluid was full, car was just serviced. I looked at the gauge and it was stuck at the 250 mark on coolant temp. I told the dealer to let it idle a minute and after it ran for 30 seconds the gauge fell down and all the lights turned off.

Car drove nicely but pretty underwhelming with the base v6. My outback felt as fast or faster...sigh...the search continues!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the srt Jeep any good in snow??
2014 and up jeep SRT gets my vote!!! Do a search on Youtube for 2013-2017 Jeep SRT in snow. They look to move great in snow and have plenty of room. AWD and they have a "SNOW" mode.
And plenty of getup and GO! lol (Especially when hauling a family around. You want the power there to be able to pass/merge/whatever.)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So you call the SHO not fast then suggest a "quick" Infiniti lol. I think we all know a SHO is going to be quicker/faster than the Infiniti.

I've driven a lot of Q50s with the 3.0t. They have 400hp and move the hell out. I have no doubt they would easily outpace the SHO. The new Infinitis are very underrated. They are great driving cars and the shared parts and drivetrains with Nissan was done well. I enjoy the driving experience of the Q50 over the that of the 3 series and MB equivalents outside of the M3 and AMG. If it had the horspower of the Germans it would be a great car.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
As mentioned Audi S3, RS3, or CPO S6 or S7.
I was looking at the 2018 RS3 online. LOVE that car. Really quick too for a 5 cylinder. lol
0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Top speed of 155MPH or you can get the optional package, (the name escapes me at the moment), and it bumps up to 174MPH.
With just a tune, these cars run fast. 5 cylinders and AWD. I was interested until I watched a Youtube review and no remote start. Why would they not put a remote start in a car like that?!?!? That killed it for me.

Zodiac

Established Member
My vote is Jeep SRT.

I'd pass on the SHO personally, I was very underwhelmed by it. Large car with cramped interior, and lackluster performance. I'd grab a q50 before a SHO. The q50 Red Sport is a phenomenal car and the 2016+ q50 models fixed the terrible DAS by going back to a hydraulic steering setup.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
CPO 2015+ Lexus LX 570. AWD by way of Toyota's legendary 4WD with center differential (lockable). A TON of technology, multiple off road and driving modes. Lexus reliability, best CPO warranty on the planet and Lexus extra care is second to none.

Most (if not all) have power 3rd row seating. Extremely comfortable and one of the most luxurious interiors in the luxury segment.

If this is a family vehicle, nothing MB or BMW or Audi can touch it for features, luxury but most importantly: RELIABILITY. I havent seen a single major service bulletin for that SUV since its been out in 2008.

The refresh in 2015 has been nothing short of amazing.

2016-lexus-lx570-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-668056-s-original.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
CPO 2015+ Lexus LX 570. AWD by way of Toyota's legendary 4WD with center differential (lockable). A TON of technology, multiple off road and driving modes. Lexus reliability, best CPO warranty on the planet and Lexus extra care is second to none.

Most (if not all) have power 3rd row seating. Extremely comfortable and one of the most luxurious interiors in the luxury segment.

If this is a family vehicle, nothing MB or BMW or Audi can touch it for features, luxury but most importantly: RELIABILITY. I havent seen a single major service bulletin for that SUV since its been out in 2008.

The refresh in 2015 has been nothing short of amazing.

View attachment 1452499
Those are cool but they are butt-****ing ugly.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ill take not as good looking but will never let me down over looks fantastic but cant get out of warranty without some sort of major issue. Ive seen our dealer whole sale 4 year old MB and BMWs because the repair bill for an innocuous oil leak, electrical issue or suspension repair would wipe out any profit.

Users who are viewing this thread