Help me educate some members what a GOLDEN TICKET GT500 is

What option(s) must a 2020 Gt500 have to be a GOLDEN TICKET car?

• Carbon fiber track package & any stripes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That could be a possibility, but how many dealers would use a Golden Ticket to order a Base car? Or, did the dealer take the more plausible route of selling the Golden Ticket to another dealer for a large sum of money? Or, swap the Golden Ticket for a standard GT500 allocation plus money?

Most dealers aren't known for their lack of greed.

I wouldn't be surprised if dealers adding markups put the same ADM regardless of options (ie we'll sell you whatever GT500 you want for 10k over sticker) so they didn't care if they sold 5 base models or 5 fully loaded

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if dealers adding markups put the same ADM regardless of options (ie we'll sell you whatever GT500 you want for 10k over sticker) so they didn't care if they sold 5 base models or 5 fully loaded

I have never seen a 2020 GT500 with the CFTP option sell for the same ADM as a 2020 GT500 without CFTP.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Did just notice that OP was on my corvette forum trying to trade this car for a sebring orange ztk c7 ZR1.

Reply:
"I am not a Ford guy. So it would be worth about $72k to me."

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick,
Is it possible that they received Golden Tickets through their Rep or some type of secret lottery?

No, they were just as surprised as I was. haha

That could be a possibility, but how many dealers would use a Golden Ticket to order a Base car? Or, did the dealer take the more plausible route of selling the Golden Ticket to another dealer for a large sum of money? Or, swap the Golden Ticket for a standard GT500 allocation plus money?

Most dealers aren't known for their lack of greed.

I don't think that was how it transpired.

I have never seen a 2020 GT500 with the CFTP option sell for the same ADM as a 2020 GT500 without CFTP.

I have. When they were first hitting the ground, base cars were routinely selling for $15k over. Last week I bought a CFTP for $14,500 over MSRP, and sold it for $15,000 over.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Snoopy49 said:

I have. When they were first hitting the ground, base cars were routinely selling for $15k over. Last week I bought a CFTP for $14,500 over MSRP, and sold it for $15,000 over.

When you were seeing base cars at a $15K ADM, what was the usual ADM for the CFTP cars?

Same goes for the CFTP car you picked up for $14.5K, what were the base cars going for?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When you were seeing base cars at a $15K ADM, what was the usual ADM for the CFTP cars?

Same goes for the CFTP car you picked up for $14.5K, what were the base cars going for?

No, you're 100% correct. Timing does make a difference.

Last week bases were being advertised dealer-to-dealer for $7k over, while the CFTPs were going to $15k.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds to me like Golden Ticket more so refers to an allocation and not the car itself. Golden ticket allocation allowed for the car to be optioned out in any way.

Without GT, you wouldn’t be able to order a CF painted stripes car. Therefore, the most special car would be the one with CF and painted stripes.

A GT allocation car that just had the CF would not be anything especial.

That’a the way it reads to me anyway.

This is all pretty silly. Lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get a load of this nonsense haha

He's about 40 minutes from my store. I offered $10k over MSRP...told me the best they could do is $44k over MSRP.

upload_2020-11-25_16-56-59.png

ford fest

Established Member
Get a load of this nonsense haha

He's about 40 minutes from my store. I offered $10k over MSRP...told me the best they could do is $44k over MSRP.

View attachment 1674411

Ha, recent price drop. Apparently, they are sticking it to everyone, both retail and trade. If I recall correctly, they are the idiots that stuck one of their dealer badges to the ass end of the car. I’m all for advertising a license plate bracket, but not a badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ha, recent price drop. Apparently, they are sticking it to everyone, both retail and trade. If I recall correctly, they are the idiots that stuck one of their dealer badges to the ass end of the car. I’m all for advertising a license plate bracket, but not a badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the badges go, they own the car..why can't they put their sticker on it? Just out of curiousity.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They are easy to remove. I normally ask the dealer to not put their badge on my purchased car. They usually comply. If not, or if it got stuck on before I could ask them not to do it, it is easy to remove. Not a big deal.

Just curious. Are dealer badges ALWAYS stick on?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
They are easy to remove. I normally ask the dealer to not put their badge on my purchased car. They usually comply. If not, or if it got stuck on before I could ask them not to do it, it is easy to remove. Not a big deal.

Just curious. Are dealer badges ALWAYS stick on?

But at a 149k would you want to deal with a sticker peeling? Hoping that it leaves no damage? Its not like its a used car max car.

Users who are viewing this thread