Help me decide Procharger vs Nitrous

91hatch

Established Member
I'm having a hard time deciding on what i want to do next I can get a good deal on a procharger from a local guy installed for $4200 including injectors and BAP. But ive always been a fan of Nitrous. I want a fast track car the few times a year i take it. Its a 6 speed car if that helps any. Just looking for feed back to see what i would be happier with as far as performance at the track

91hatch

Established Member
Its the D1 stage 2 kit. On his car it made well over 600 on 12 pounds with low timing and 93. Thats the max i would run as well because i dont want to have to build the bottom end yet. Wondering how the stock clutch holds up at these power levels and if anyone could give me a track comparison between that set up and a 125 shot

Poppacapp

Established Member
You don't have to make sure a supercharger is full. You don't have to make sure a supercharger is warm. You don't have to make sure a supercharger is 900-1100psi to use. Looks like the supercharger wins.

Juiced 66

Established Member
Blower.. I sprayed my car (150 shot) and made 605/655, but made 759 with a Paxton before I dialed it back. These cars love blowers, and for that price I wouldn't pass it up.

Plus.. Blower =power all the time!!!

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
The only downfall to a blower IMO is that you always want to get on your car , it seems you drive your car harder and the more you beat on a car at 600 hp the more risk of worn out or broken parts. Obviously the nitrous setup would brake parts too but you seem like it would only see spray at the track. If I had the money I would do a blower but if your happy with the feel of you car and would want that extra hp at the track only nitrous could be a logical choice. I beat on my car every time I drive it and am not scared to do it , if I had a blower makin 600+ hp I would be nervous about pistons , rings , driveshaft , transmission and such , I guess it depends on how much you drive your car , if you can live with that extra power track only then nitrous would be way cheaper at about 2k for a good setup.

1o1proof

Established Member
nitro=ghey

Thanks for your well thought out input, you probably use the term NAWS as well huh?

I love nitrous, for the money you can't beat it for an added kick when needed. However, if I had the money I would go with the blower without a doubt.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I went the nitrous route, best times in my sig. Main reason was budget and the fact that I've had nitrous on almost every performance car I've owned, I know how to use it, and I'm not scared of it. I dont care about power all the time. My car is a daily driver and 98% of the time is used for transportaion, not racing. It runs 11's on motor and when I want to go alot faster I can.

You will not find alot of nitrous users on this forum, there are only a handful. There are alot of supercharger guys though.

It really comes down to what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
i have Nitrous on my car and love it, BBR tuned with a 150

runs 7.90 1/8th mile on motor and 6.93 /18th Mile ( i live in western KY lots of 1/8th mile tracks lol )

mods are as follows to give you an idea

-6spd stock clutch
-dynotech Alm drive shaft
-3.31 gears
-275-60 15 Et Streets
-BBR sway bar relocation brackets
-BBR Subframes
-BBR LCA Relocation Brackets
-BMR adjustable lower control arms
-BMR double adjustable upper control arms
-BMR adjustable panhard bar
-Stifflers DS saftey loop

-BBR O/X Pipe
Stock shorty manifolds
Stock Flowpipes with stock Resonators
-Flowmaster axle backs

-Boss 302 Intake Manifold
-JLT catch Can
-AirRaid CAI
-MSD 2 step set at 3800RPM
-SLP Line Lock
-NX plate kit with an assisted NANO kit ( which i still have not used due to needing a retune for the bottle pressure it will maintain )

I have 40k miles on it and the only problems I have ever had is transmission, my first one was replaced in late 2010 due to the syncro issues and the one i have currently is seeming to hold fine just whining alot ( which is to be expected at this point )

I love my kit and the money I would have spent on a Novi or a Procharger I spent all that other junk i have on the car. I have thought about tossing a Novi on the car and I really doubt I will however since I have such good luck with the nitrous.

talk to Steve @ BBR they have a whole power package kit for nitrous and most of the customers are running solid high 10sec 1/4 mile.

since you have seemed to run nitrous before you probably wont be an idiot and go crazy with it. . .its alla about the tune and Chris Jones will do a beyond solid job for you.

good luck,
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread