Help me decide Procharger vs Nitrous

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
and for the folks that complain about bottle pressure, look into a nano kit from nano nitrous, not more warm bottles :) I have ran Nano kits with AAAAAALL my nitrous cars. . .you will get a solid hit EVERY time and a consistent flow and more passes out of a bottle.

EX:
a bottle that is on a heater or been a heat tank will hold above or perfect pressure, but as you start to go down the track you reduce your pressure, so say you have a 150hp shot by the time you cross the line you are running lets say 80hp woth of nitrous and your car is starting to richen up.

You dont have to do Nitrous for cash reasons I would do it because in the long run its safer and used less. . .these cars do not live forever at 650hp and above with out a good set of pistons and rods and such. Its a fact; and when I start getting bashed for saying that all I want you to do is call BBR MMR Brenspeed JPC and see what they think about longevity of the GT motor at that amount of HP over an extended time frame. . .I have alot of miles and alot of nitrous passes on the street and track and as god is my witness the car is just fine. I am not saying my car is fail proof I guess it could blow up whenever it wants but its done me fine so far.

Thanks,
Mike

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
You dont have to do Nitrous for cash reasons I would do it because in the long run its safer and used less. . .these cars do not live forever at 650hp and above with out a good set of pistons and rods and such. Its a fact; and when I start getting bashed for saying that all I want you to do is call BBR MMR Brenspeed JPC and see what they think about longevity of the GT motor at that amount of HP over an extended time frame. . .I have alot of miles and alot of nitrous passes on the street and track and as god is my witness the car is just fine. I am not saying my car is fail proof I guess it could blow up whenever it wants but its done me fine so far.

Thanks,
Mike

Im gonna say thats incorrect... neither is safer than the other without a good tune. Its all the tune. He also stated he wasnt going to run over 600 hp, so over half of your post doesnt necessarily pertain to his question.

OP... Both systems have been run successfully on here, nitrous and centri powered. Its all in what you want. My personal opinion will lead to a centri, and thats why I chose that route. I always have the power, no refills or running out of nitrous if I do want to have fun. Linear power progression vs a relatively violent hit of 150hp just seems easier on parts to me.

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Im gonna say thats incorrect... neither is safer than the other without a good tune. Its all the tune. He also stated he wasnt going to run over 600 hp, so over half of your post doesnt necessarily pertain to his question.

People Like to disagree for the simple sake of disagreeing I guess, I say the sky is blue someone will tell me its neon pink

I would say daily driving your car on motor all day till you decided to switch tunes and run nitrous is safer on a car ( as long as the shot is right and the tune is right of freakin course ). . .I dunno but in my screwed up mind it makes plenty of sense maybe thats why I know lots of turbo guys that run a lower boost setting daily driving until they want to flog it/race it or whatever.

Yeah there are lots of car that are running Turbos SC's and Nitrous and just about everyone is having their own success stories and failures. . .the Tune is going to be 95% of it for sure not going to argue that at all.

I dunno, its really going to boil down to do whatever you like. . .and hope for the best which ever route you take.

I am sure this is going to spin off into a huge debate

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
People Like to disagree for the simple sake of disagreeing I guess, I say the sky is blue someone will tell me its neon pink

I would say daily driving your car on motor all day till you decided to switch tunes and run nitrous is safer on a car ( as long as the shot is right and the tune is right of freakin course ). . .I dunno but in my screwed up mind it makes plenty of sense maybe thats why I know lots of turbo guys that run a lower boost setting daily driving until they want to flog it/race it or whatever.

Most of the time in a dialy driving situation, with a centri or turbo, you wont see boost untill you drop the hammer. I like boost and nitrous, but boost isnt harsh on the components until you tell it to be, the same as nitrous.

G Wrecks

Established Member
Either way, the price is what sells it if you ask me. A complete D1 kit with a boost-a-pump, and injectors INSTALLED for $4200 is a deal you won't come across often. Nitrous on the other hand is only getting cheaper and cheaper. Just a thought.

kingnut

Established Member
If you dont pick the procharger, post up the info on the seller. It will be sold in 20 seconds flat.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member

Yeah there are lots of car that are running Turbos SC's and Nitrous and just about everyone is having their own success stories and failures. . .the Tune is going to be 95% of it for sure not going to argue that at all.

I dunno, its really going to boil down to do whatever you like. . .and hope for the best which ever route you take.

I am sure this is going to spin off into a huge debate

Nope, no debate for me because I understand what an opinion is. But thanks for the passive agressive attitude. Just hard to take advice from someone who shoots out x is worse than x without any proof. I guess the sky is blue after all eh?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I went the nitrous route because of money. Its fun when its working correctly but if its not it is a pain in the ass.

91hatch

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I know its a great price but i guess the only reason im considering the Nitrous set up is because of track times. He has a 2012 gt with 3.73 gears and the procharger and on slicks it runs 7.0-6.9s at 100-102 mph. Ive seen a Nitrous guy with a 125 shot run 6.7 at 103-4mph this is 1/8th mile ofcourse and im sure the procharger would pick up a lot in the 1/4 mile. But i will pass the word out if i dont buy the procharger he returned to stock

Bad Intention

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I know its a great price but i guess the only reason im considering the Nitrous set up is because of track times. He has a 2012 gt with 3.73 gears and the procharger and on slicks it runs 7.0-6.9s at 100-102 mph. Ive seen a Nitrous guy with a 125 shot run 6.7 at 103-4mph this is 1/8th mile ofcourse and im sure the procharger would pick up a lot in the 1/4 mile. But i will pass the word out if i dont buy the procharger he returned to stock

I ran 6.6 1/8th @105 and 10.36 @133.33 with P1 on 9 lbs. i have a few friend with Nitrous and they run great but they all complain about having to always fill there bottles and once pressure drops so will your ET.

BLK2012GT

Established Member
I haven't ran my car at the track yet with the nitrous but on a 150 shot I made 590 rwhp. And once my engine gets fixed (which was not cause by the nitrous, it has yet been determined what caused it) and I did the billet oil pump gear upgrade I'll be running a 250 shot and hopefully with e85 tune I'll pushing 700 rwhp or more.

csb85

Established Member
Procharger. I have never used nitrous but I like the fact that with a supercharger the power is always available.

Poppacapp

Established Member

Two different cars cannot be compared just because one has NOS and one a Procharger. Variables include, driver mod, suspension mods, one motor might have made more HP stock than the other, etc etc etc.

The bottom line is after they race.. you see the guy with the procharger put a bag of ice on his intake, and watching people race... the NOS guy is checking his NOS pressure... heating the bottle, and hoping he don't bog and backfire at the launch and end up replacing an intake or worse. And guess what happens when his NOS bottle is empty?

I prefer the power when I hit the throttle... everytime... without fail... to hell with NOS.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
If you only want fast times a couple times of the year just spray it and same some cash. Theres obviously pros and cons to both sides, but you gotta find out whats more important to you since your gonna be the one driving it and paying the bills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Two different cars cannot be compared just because one has NOS and one a Procharger. Variables include, driver mod, suspension mods, one motor might have made more HP stock than the other, etc etc etc.

The bottom line is after they race.. you see the guy with the procharger put a bag of ice on his intake, and watching people race... the NOS guy is checking his NOS pressure... heating the bottle, and hoping he don't bog and backfire at the launch and end up replacing an intake or worse. And guess what happens when his NOS bottle is empty?

I prefer the power when I hit the throttle... everytime... without fail... to hell with NOS.

I prefer the power only when I need it.

BLK2012GT

Established Member
I would venture to guess you would probably be in the minority on that. :burnout:

I need it every time I push the pedal to the floor.

Car is slow? J/K If I had that power all the time I would get in a lot of trouble. But then again my future plans is probably a turbo or two. lol

Users who are viewing this thread