Help me buy a car

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
johnnyis4.jpg

Sarge_13

Established Member
I hadn't given Mini's much thought until you said that. I have been reading reviews and they all seem to be glowing. Looks like I can get into a nicely appointed Mini S for right in the middle of my budget. I will test drive one soon. I just hope they are roomy for their size. It surprised me how much room I had in the GTI and R32; I'm not the biggest guy (6'1 190lbs) but the size scared me.
I would advise against the Mini. My ex's mom had one and it was a nightmare. It was a brand new (at the time) '08 turbo model with the manual and it kept blowing transmissions, interior was falling apart, rattles and creaks everywhere, the windows didn't seal right, etc.

I actually looked at a Cobalt SS and did not like it. Performance wise it was just as you described, but the interior didn't sit well with me. Plus, navigation is not available.

I agree with you completely. Still has the interior of a $14k XFE.

If you would prefer the body style of a sedan, you may look into the Jetta GLi. Basically a GTi but in a Jetta body. Handling, acceleration, engine, trans and all of that is the same just a different body. I'm thinking about picking one up as a DD actually.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
09 wrx for 25k? downpipe and your in the 12's.

Will take a look, thanks.

I agree with you completely. Still has the interior of a $14k XFE.

If you would prefer the body style of a sedan, you may look into the Jetta GLi. Basically a GTi but in a Jetta body. Handling, acceleration, engine, trans and all of that is the same just a different body. I'm thinking about picking one up as a DD actually.

The interior of the VW's really won me over. They are very nice. I actually like the hot hatches, but the Jettas are really nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Test drive a Nissan 370-Z. A bit more expensive, but a blast to drive. Great bang-for-the-buck IMO.

tankerman1981

Established Member
Lexus IS350.. loved mine... it rode soo smooth and for a 6 cyl it had plenty of get up and go with 305 HP... only bad..no manual only auto with paddle shifters

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Evo? Not sure if you can get them BRAND new for 33k but you can get 08s and 09s for 26-30k with 2-10k miles.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
If I were in that price range, I'd be going for a IS350. Man those cars turn my head every time I see them. I love the styling and they are pretty quick too.

i agree man those things are sooo nice. hell i'd even take an IS300, they had an 05 w/ 40k miles black on black for $14k by where i live. JEEBUS!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread