Helm Service Manuals are a rip off!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Well not the manual itself, but their extortionary shipping & handling costs are! I picked up a new play/fun bike to ride the trails (CRF250F) so I ordered a Helm service manual so I can take care of all the maintenance myself like I do for most all my stuff. The manual was $50. Cheapest shipping option available was $24.95 and then they tacked on another $6.95 for handling. Un-fricken'-believable! :mad:

U.M.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Well not the manual itself, but their extortionary shipping & handling costs are! I picked up a new play/fun bike to ride the trails (CRF250F) so I ordered a Helm service manual so I can take care of all the maintenance myself like I do for most all my stuff. The manual was $50. Cheapest shipping option available was $24.95 and then they tacked on another $6.95 for handling. Un-fricken'-believable! :mad:

U.M.
I was about to order $79.00 worth of hardware from McMaster-Carr till I saw the cheapest shipping option was $89.00 plus taxes

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I was about to order $79.00 worth of hardware from McMaster-Carr till I saw the cheapest shipping option was $89.00 plus taxes

I complain about McMaster-Carr shipping rates until I think about how long it will take me to source similar products in my area, drive all over town (gas and time), and then have to deal with idiots on the road and at the sales desk. Shipping is money well spent, if you ask me.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I complain about McMaster-Carr shipping rates until I think about how long it will take me to source similar products in my area, drive all over town (gas and time), and then have to deal with idiots on the road and at the sales desk. Shipping is money well spent, if you ask me.
I don’t mind paying for shipping for the same reasons you mention but I do balk when the freight charges are more than the purchase price. I was looking at 4 10mm and 4 14mm bolts 110mm (4”) long. The package might have been 6” square and maybe would weigh a pound and a half.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Companies which do this are just looking for additional profit without having to raise the price of the actual product itself.

U.M.

I'm 61 and sound more like my father every day...

yell.jpg

OX1

Established Member

You guys will hate me then....... get my stuff @ willcall in 2 hours, usually.

Attachments

• MC master.jpg
    MC master.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 43

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Huh? The shipping charge was $89.00??? How much did that order weigh? I just set up a dummy order with McMaster-Carr with a total of $54.78 before tax and shipping. The shipping cost was only $7.81. That is what I expected it to be.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Yeah, $89.00. Total of 8 bolts, 4 10mm and 4 14mm, guessing weight to be maybe 1.5 lbs, maybe 2lbs with the packaging

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

U.M.

They probably sent it media mail too (the cheapest/longest option)

OX1

Established Member
We live close to each other

You in a spot Hamas will target next, also?? I was kind of laughing at my sister for still having a condo in NYC (after seeing Hamas rally's), then I realized, SHIT!!, I live right next to Lakewood NJ o_O

OX1

Established Member
Thats odd. Call and speak with a rep.

Maybe each part is shipping for a different location lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Not odd. When COVID hit and they closed down will-call, I shipped some stuff 20 minutes down the highway, it was insane money for what they sent (weight/distance). I called and complained, they gave me the money back one time (probably only cause it was COVID time)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You in a spot Hamas will target next, also?? I was kind of laughing at my sister for still having a condo in NYC (after seeing Hamas rally's), then I realized, SHIT!!, I live right next to Lakewood NJ o_O
na, I live next to Hindu land in Monroe

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Amazon definitely has spoiled me when it comes to shipping costs.

But yea, $30 bucks for S&H for a manual seems nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread