Hello , I just purchased a 2008 gt500 .

Tighteyes

Established Member
I believe it has the starter upgrades as far as normal headers exhaust cold air and dyno tuned. I however see its normal stock tires and it was said to dyno at around 630hp. could I get a direction on what is the widest 18/19 inch rimmed tire I can fit on this lady. Also driveshaft I have been told DSS aluminum is this a route i should take. Future upgrade would be a whippy 3.4 or 4.0. .. Just a guy new to the gt500 owned 03's but this is all new territory 5.4l im excited.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Without knowing what you have done to it it is hard to tell what you are starting with. If you can post a pic of the engine bay someone can tell you basically what you are starting with. If by header you mean long tube headers that is one thing. With just a CAI and tune I doubt you will hitt 600 rwhp. With stock 18 inch wheels most you probably go with is 295x18. Wheels can be widened but how much would depend on the offset and backspacing of the wheels. I have a DSS driveshaft and am quite happy with it, Post a pic and what your goals are for the car. A congats on the but you picked the best year but then I am biased as I have an 08 LOL

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Welcome sir!

The DSS unit is awesome. I have it and love it; much better than stock!

The Nitto 555 G2s (NOT the Goodyear G2s) should be on your short list for street rubber. As always, if looking for drag radials, its hard to beat Mickey Thompson.

Post up some pics when you can!

Kenneth

Established Member
If 630 hp is true I would say you more than likely have a TVS swap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you can fit up to 18x11.5 on the rear easy peasy. hit me up if youre interested, i have set of 18s right now that will fit your car

Tighteyes

Established Member
How can I post pictures? Also I mean to say American Racing long tube headers , Kenne belle boost-a pump in the glovebox? , It has high flow cats the muffler I believe is magnaflow stainless, evolution performance fuel rail? 3.73 gears with lockers?

Attachments

• lw_640.jpg
    lw_640.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 124
  • NQ_640.jpg
    NQ_640.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 146
  • og_640.jpg
    og_640.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 113
  • QQ_640.jpg
    QQ_640.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 116
  • Rg_640.jpg
    Rg_640.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 126

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! What color is it? There a tad of gray that can be seen. Is yours Alloy Clearcoat Metallic?

Tighteyes

Established Member
I need to know what i need to do as far as getting some standard black or chrome fr500 or welds, what is the fatest tire , I've googled it but people are pretty vague as far as Width of tire. I'm looking at staggered. maybe 18's front 19's rear or maybe keep 18's? Any thought? Also plan on Getting a whipple 4.0 as soon as i find out more about the motor, Another user on here has the 5.8 for sale and I was thinking of scooping that up and building on it.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome. I jumped from '04 Cobras into the 5.4 a little over a year ago. Um, get ready for the "Shelby Tax"

Tighteyes

Established Member
Congratulations! What color is it? There a tad of gray that can be seen. Is yours Alloy Clearcoat Metallic?
I believe its vapor?

Attachments

• 1A_640.jpg
    1A_640.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 1w_640.jpg
    1w_640.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 7w_640.jpg
    7w_640.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Kw_640.jpg
    Kw_640.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 66

Tighteyes

Established Member
you can fit up to 18x11.5 on the rear easy peasy. hit me up if youre interested, i have set of 18s right now that will fit your car
What kind of 18's? i was thinking of staggard 19 18 but if 18's are the way to go so be it! i need more rubber

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
what is this said tax?
For people to work on the car? Was the same with the 03's

No, everything is DOUBLE the price for a Shelby. Kinda like when you are on the GT tier than go to a Cobra....you see things are more expensive. Than you go from a Cobra to a Shelby and your on another tier of "expensive".

Shelby logo and name = Shelby Tax

Tighteyes

Established Member
No, everything is DOUBLE the price for a Shelby. Kinda like when you are on the GT tier than go to a Cobra....you see things are more expensive. Than you go from a Cobra to a Shelby and your on another tier of "expensive".

Shelby logo and name = Shelby Tax
well that depresses me , I should of bought another 03 =( but i just wanted to see what bigger motor's could do.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
What kind of 18's? i was thinking of staggard 19 18 but if 18's are the way to go so be it! i need more rubber

i wouldnt do 18/19. it wouldnt look right on these cars. that works for vettes but not really mustangs. especially if the wheels have a dish.

i have a set of 18" 3 piece Chicanes. would look like this

Attachments

• New Imagex (Large).JPG
    New Imagex (Large).JPG
    419.8 KB · Views: 95
  • tf3.jpg
    tf3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread