HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Not an Escalade, a Pepsi truck is what he needs. :poke:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTboy said:
Whats up with the water and oiling, why return them to stock??

for the sake of simplicity.

Hellion comes with a new water crossover designed to work with stock water/oil cooler. Also a fully chromed water down pipe.

Only reason I was going evans was to improve oiling for the THP twin kit. The collection of brass "T's" and 90's hooking to two oil lines to feed two turbos they supplied did not seem, well, robust. So I set out to remedy that with the system I designed.

Never really was that keen on the evans water setup or having to use NPG coolant $32 a gallon stuff.

Now, I got one snail to oil, much simpler.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
50 BMG said:
One of my cousins has HP 57's. The piping touches the control arms...gonna get bent to hell when he starts driving it. Parked right next to him is an 02 GT with the same kit on it with the same problem.

Wierd, but I do not have this problem on my car...

Postban- I'm glad this setup is working out better for you. I was really looking forward to seeing you sport that bad blue motored monster with the twins though. Get that thing running, for all the headaches you've gone through, you deserve to enjoy the benefits of a turbo'd cobra. Good luck!

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
THP = turbo horsepower, its a turbo company that makes twin turbo kits for 03/04 cobras. but make sure you read some threads in this section, a few guys have had fitment issues with their products. but for fairness there are some guys who have had no issues also.

i would go with hellion just for the consistentcy of their product and no issues as of yet. but thats my opinion.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Sneeks2nv said:
THP = turbo horsepower, its a turbo company that makes twin turbo kits for 03/04 cobras. but make sure you read some threads in this section, a few guys have had fitment issues with their products. but for fairness there are some guys who have had no issues also. i would go with hellion just for the consistentcy of their product and no issues as of yet. but thats my opinion.

Cool, wanted to make sure what kit/company ya'll were talking about. I was looking at the HP Performance kit. I now know they are two different companies. Thanks for helping me clear that up.

calypsocoral

Established Member
The rest of the story...

postban said:
...is me. Kit arrived Friday, less than a week after I ordered it. Install starts monday at Stenod Racing www.stenodracing.com
I am going to run the same setup that Jason (trbo vnm0 is, t76, ball bearing, 96a/r, MACH1 intake, 03 cobra throttle body.

Just want to get my car running and drive it some, been down since October. I hired Stenod to try to finish the THP kit install but they found more problems than I did during my 4-1/2 months of fighting with it. Long story short, 7 different pipes and the k member misfit, kit has been returned and Jim Napier of THP has promised to refund my money. He was very supportive during all the problems I had and provided good customer service and communication.

Took a few minutes Friday to look over the Hellion kit, stainless pipes, chromed pipes, looks good.

Stenod Racing is a custom turbo shop, they do not do kits, only full custom systems or installs. They have done a lot of f-bodies setups. They are very well known around here.

I will try to keep you guys better informed from now on.

Here is my response from Mod Fords to Dave:
Dave (POSTBAN) is an outstanding engineer as evidenced by all his posts and guidance on this forum. Turbo HorsePower has apologized to him about his reported issues with our Twin Turbo Kit but more importantly we will refund his money once we have the parts inventoried and examined. We will also refit his returned kit to our test car and our jigs and inform Dave and everyone here at Mod Fords of those results - good or bad. We continually strive to improve our products in every conceivable manner and this will give us a chance to re-examine the kit , review the results, report back to everyone our findings and make any necessary changes to better enhance our products so that we can continue to provide our customers with the best values available in today's marketplace.
Just to give everyone an idea of the situation, I would like to shed some insight of how we tried our best to satisfy Dave. Several weeks ago during one of our discussions Dave mentioned he was working 72 hour work weeks and all this was getting to be a drag. In the interest of serving Dave, as I would like to be served, I offered to personally fly out or send our lead fabricator, Jonathon Czechorski, at our expense to Michigan and finish the install for Dave. I subsequently offered to pay for half of the shipping cost of the car to New Mexico and for it to be returned in an enclosed trailer by us to WFC 9 or to Michigan (Dave’s choice) again at our expense. Dave declined the offers, but we did make both of the offers in trying to take care of him the absolutely best way that we felt we could. It would have cost him substantially less than Stenod‘s Performance, and the car would have been back in his hands this week and it would have been done in time for WFC 9. Stenod’s appears to be a top quality custom turbo shop and has also offered to do more installs for us should the opportunity arise in their area. We look forward to seeing everyone @ WFC 9 and will continue to provide the same top shelf customer service and product that our customer's have always enjoyed.
Dave, I wish you the very best. I sent you an email about receiving your kit back here this past Thursday afternoon and will get the results out after WFC this week. I wish you well with your Hellion Kit.
Best regards…Jim @ TurboHorsepower

to bring this up to date:
1. The K member was found to have possible issues and it is at QA1 now see #3 below.
2. Yes, we sent Dave most of a second complete turbo kit to try and resolve this issue.
3. The tranny was never in the car while Dave was trying to do the install himself (and working a 72 hour week) and when he took the car to Stenod's that is the first thing they did...and it quickly showed the K member to be in question. We would have discovered the same given the opportunity, or knowing it wasn't in the car during that saga. Would that have changed everything - not sure - but it certainly would have answered most of the questions and pointed out that problem and at a minimum relieved a lot of frustration for Dave.
4. Stenod's has asked to be our installer for the area so they must think the Turbo HorsePower kit is OK.
5. We have instigated quality checks at Turbo HorsePower to insure this doesn't happen again.
6. Dave has moved on to another company and we wish him the very best. Dave is a great guy, a brilliant engineer, and unfortunately was the recipient of what may have been a bad product of one of our vendors. We take full responsibility for that as we should. That doesn't help Dave nor make it right, it's just the facts.
7. Updates will be forthcoming on the QA1 results - good or bad.
Thank you for your time. Jim - Turbo Horsepower :beer:

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
NitrousKing said:
Cool, wanted to make sure what kit/company ya'll were talking about. I was looking at the HP Performance kit. I now know they are two different companies. Thanks for helping me clear that up.

Do some research on HP before you buy, I have dealt with Hp and THP, and THP kit rocks..........................................1003 RWHP and climbing, will have new dyno on Friday. :rockon:

TRBO VNM

TwinTurboTRex said:
Do some research on HP before you buy, I have dealt with Hp and THP, and THP kit rocks..........................................1003 RWHP and climbing, will have new dyno on Friday. :rockon:

thats great, but let's see some track times. that is where the racing happens. no doubt what it should turn at the track, but gotta drive it to prove it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread