Hellcat Replacement

Jefe

Established Member
OP...the answer is new (or used) s550 mustang with a blower.

Faster than your HC for much cheaper.
I beat a Stage 2 VMP car in 3 back to back runs bone stock. Plus Ive had 5 Mustangs. I don't see myself going back unless its a classic

Slept on it and Ive crossed the CTS-V off the list. Either Raptor or put my big boy pants on and keep the Charger. I don't need a truck except for these terrible roads and numerous trails Ive never gotten to enjoy

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
What are you looking for? I’ve owned every car you’ve mentioned. Why would you sell a used 707hp charger for a used 550hp caddy? Both cars are similar. The caddy feels a bit lighter but is way down on power. The raptor is amazing. I’ve had zero regrets after 5 years of ownership. But is slow as balls. My kids love it though. I couldn’t stand the lack of power in my Chevy ss. So I traded it in for the hellcat charger. Why sell a car just because it’s out of warranty? Why not mod it? I love my charger

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The funny thing is I want to buy a rapter for winter and a hellcat charger for daily duty haha

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh I know. But no way in hell Im getting a 5.4 Raptor or forking over more money for the new ecoboost version. I would be getting the Raptor for the looks and suspension. Our roads are not the best and there are plenty of places to have some fun with the truck. I have never had something with more than 7-8" of ground clearance. The Bronco will but it will be a cruiser and not an offroader.

I know you have a Bronco, so the dirt world isn't foreign to you, but man, going offroad fast with a few jumps is one hell of a thrill ride.
Lucky for you, Arizona has a billion places/trails to hit. IIRC there is an active Arizona Raptor FB page where quite few guys from stock trucks to guys with 20k+ in their suspension alone meet up somehwat regularly. I have to drive 2-3 hours north to find decent trails that make the trucks suspension work.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Keep the Hellcat. And how many miles do you have on it? Powertrain warranty is 100K and the supercharger is covered under it. Not to mention the amount that have had issues is probably less than 1%. Not to mention, show me another 4dr, 4500lb vehicle that with maybe 5 inexpensive mods will trap 136-138mph.

They are pretty reliable and have no major issues especially when DD and not beat on. Mine is staying for the long haul warranty or not. My almost 9yr old son would kill me if I sold mine. I joke with him and call it a shit box and he gets genuinely angry. He absolutely loves the car more than I do. He even picked out the color (smart boy).

Jefe

Established Member
25K miles. Maxcare extended warranty is $1,400. Im thinking about sticking it out. Found a few supercharged 6.2 Raptors but most are Hennessey which Im not touching with a 10 foot pole.

Users who are viewing this thread