Hellcat or S6

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Freaking love my Scat Pack! Comfortable and a blast to drive. It moves out pretty good for a 4500lb car. Pretty good MPG’s if you stay out of loud pedal. Did I mention how good she sounds?
You aren’t kidding I was behind a black 392 RT yesterday and he was getting into it and it sounded good.
Absolutely GORGEOUS too!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Something tells me an S6 is more expensive?
-J

Attachments

• 8826C1EC-08B6-4A0A-8701-D9CA00F18864.jpeg
    8826C1EC-08B6-4A0A-8701-D9CA00F18864.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 120

_Snake_

Established Member

That’s a great price for that car, especially with that color.

Honestly, I would have pursued that over my 2018 if I had been searching at the time.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't disagree really. Love the blue. I still would choose the Hellcat, but everyone has their own choice to make. Blown hemi at WOT is to be experienced.
The cars weigh almost the same.
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've heard this are a blast with the 3/4 Ferrari 488GTB based V6. The next Challenger/Charger supposed to be on the Guila chassis.
-J
Used Giulia Quadrafoglio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the quad was the 500hp n/a Ferrari v8. Unfortunately it’s $2 thousand in service every 30 to 40k miles, that is not covered by warrantee.

Edit: It is the 2.9 TT 6. My mistake.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
No probably not an S6 but WAY better than a Focus/Fusion.
Also OP, look at 392 SRT Daytona Chargers they get Hellcat brakes and suspension and drive modes, a huge upgrade.
I don't know as much about non Hellcats but there are a ton of Charger packages than can really bridge a base Scat and Hellcat. Good luck
-J

I thought the Daytonas had the same suspension setup as the Scat, IE non adjustable. But yea, you can get the 6 piston brakes/15.4" rotor up front.

Freaking love my Scat Pack! Comfortable and a blast to drive. It moves out pretty good for a 4500lb car. Pretty good MPG’s if you stay out of loud pedal. Did I mention how good she sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

You can shut off MDS for good? Or is it something you have to deactivate every time you drive?

08mojo

Established Member
You can shut off MDS for good? Or is it something you have to deactivate every time you drive?

If it's anything like my Jeep SRT, you have to shut off MDS every time you get in the car (putting it into sport mode or just hit a paddle shifter in any mode). I don't know why you'd want to shut off MDS though. I've put 12k miles on the jeep and the MDS system is seamless.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... On the highway, the S4 was one of the most perfect cars I’d ever driven, and the S6 takes that to an entirely different level. ...

When we had our S4, it was the vacation cruiser. It was fantastic for that purpose. It seemed like the faster you went, the better it felt. It could cruise at 140MPH like it was nothing. You can't argue that the German cars are literally made for high speed cruising. Nothing but total confidence. Anyway, it was my intent to graduate us up to the S6, but then Ford released the GT350R... I actually still want to get an S6, though. If the new GT500 disappoints, the S6 will be right back on the table.

Not looking to mod at all really if I can help it. That’s where the appeal came from with the scat pack I drove. I liked the seats, it looks nice, had nice wheels and brakes, and sounded great. The power was pretty good too.

The Audi is a stellar car from what I’ve seen. I love the cross stitched seats. I’ve heard vids of aftermarket exhaust and they can sound good but alas they are pricey as hell to mod.

The more I think about it the more I think scat pack. You can pick up a 2017 in the 30s, heck a 2018 for low 40s.

Fiscally it just seems like a smart move for what I want out of it. Drive it for a year or two then Maybe I can be ready to viper shop by then.

If you're not looking to mod, why worry about how expensive it is to mod an S6? Stock for stock, a Scat Pack has nothing over the S6 performance-wise.

Because a Charger at any trim level won't be the ride that an Audi S6 will be. But are you willing to pay new Hellcat pricing for stock Scat Pack performance? Sure the S6 wakes up with a tune, but what factory turbo car doesn't? Also, is there any chance you will own these vehicles outside of warranty? And will a tune void said warranty? Because right now a tune is about the only performance advantage the S6 holds, and if you can't afford to repair it outside of warranty and a tune will void that warranty, then...

A tune will not void the warranty. I speak from experience. They never once mentioned the tune on our S4 when we took it in for service. In fact, there was a PCM(?) update on the S4s that needed to be done, and they actually sent a letter informing owners that, if they have a tune, the update shouldn't affect it, but it might need to be reinstalled. (or something to that effect, it's been a while)

Come on man, we both know that’s all about tires. If you want a 707hp automatic car to have traction, you need to drive on drag radials or Toyo R888s. Plain and simple. If you’re not willing to do that, go with something slower and not as cool.

He's not looking at a Hellcat, though. He's looking at a Scat Pack, and a Scat Pack is not going to outperform an S6 in any metric. But let's say he was looking at a Hellcat. A Hellcat with DRs versus an S6 with a tune on the street is going to be 9 times out of 10 seeing the S6 running away from the Hellcat until they reach super illegal speeds. Intake/tune/exhaust/heat exchanger on the S6 will have the Hellcat looking at tail lights all day.

And guys, I have zero intentions of drag racing or street racing the car. It’s just something fun to drive haha.

Then get the S6. It's going to be way more fun, unless your idea of fun is just doing smoky burnouts all the time.

Never_Enough

Established Member
What happens once the S6 is out of warranty? Will it become a nightmare to wrench on yourself & cost a fortune to own? Asking for a friend.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
What happens once the S6 is out of warranty? Will it become a nightmare to wrench on yourself & cost a fortune to own? Asking for a friend.

If you look at it objectively, most cars these days aren't exactly wrench friendly, depending on what you're doing. So, I'd say it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Cost-wise, yes, Audi parts are expensive. We had to have a headlight replaced on our S4 right before the warranty ran out. A few more miles, and that would've been a $3K+ repair bill. One headlight. Not The Wallflowers one, either. Other than that, we had no other issues with it that I can remember. It was a trouble-free ownership, and we enjoyed every mile we put on it.

That said, I had a Chrysler before, and the steering rack went out after the factory warranty. Thankfully, I had an extended warranty. Otherwise, that would've been a $1200 - $1300 repair. Then the suspension bushings went out on the same car (my fault, though). That would've been over $1K to have repaired, had I had them replaced. Loved it and still do, but the quality was not too great. It had a faulty oil cooler line that started to leak. There was a recall for that, though. I received the recall too late. Messed up my garage floor. And there were other little niggles that started to mount up.

It basically boils down to what's important to you as an owner. You could pay a premium for a car that might have a big repair bill once throughout your ownership, or you could buy a cheaper car that will slowly crumble around you as the nickle-and-dime repair bills add up. The cost delta for routine maintenance is not very big. It cost as much or more for routine maintenance on my GT500 as it did for the S4. One negative I will say about the S4; it used to chew up some damned tires!

venmos1

Established Member
If it's anything like my Jeep SRT, you have to shut off MDS every time you get in the car (putting it into sport mode or just hit a paddle shifter in any mode). I don't know why you'd want to shut off MDS though. I've put 12k miles on the jeep and the MDS system is seamless.

I completely disagree with this. I have owned a 5.7 hemi ram with mds for the past 4.5 years and i absolutely hate the mds. I drive in country roads 85% of the time. I shut the mds off everytime i get in my truck. Maybe the SRT is different, but i could tell you everytime the mds kicked on blindfolded. I work on a busy road and could even tell you when a ram or gm with mds goes by. To me sounds like driving under water. It is def not seamless (for me anyway). Definitely can be felt in performance. I still average 17-18.5mpg hand calculated without the mds. so that is good enough for me with a truck. If i wanted a 4 cylinder truck i would have bought one. just my $.02

Never_Enough

Established Member
If you look at it objectively, most cars these days aren't exactly wrench friendly, depending on what you're doing. So, I'd say it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Cost-wise, yes, Audi parts are expensive. We had to have a headlight replaced on our S4 right before the warranty ran out. A few more miles, and that would've been a $3K+ repair bill. One headlight. Not The Wallflowers one, either. Other than that, we had no other issues with it that I can remember. It was a trouble-free ownership, and we enjoyed every mile we put on it.

That said, I had a Chrysler before, and the steering rack went out after the factory warranty. Thankfully, I had an extended warranty. Otherwise, that would've been a $1200 - $1300 repair. Then the suspension bushings went out on the same car (my fault, though). That would've been over $1K to have repaired, had I had them replaced. Loved it and still do, but the quality was not too great. It had a faulty oil cooler line that started to leak. There was a recall for that, though. I received the recall too late. Messed up my garage floor. And there were other little niggles that started to mount up.

It basically boils down to what's important to you as an owner. You could pay a premium for a car that might have a big repair bill once throughout your ownership, or you could buy a cheaper car that will slowly crumble around you as the nickle-and-dime repair bills add up. The cost delta for routine maintenance is not very big. It cost as much or more for routine maintenance on my GT500 as it did for the S4. One negative I will say about the S4; it used to chew up some damned tires!
I see what you're saying, but I've owned plenty of "cheap" cars that never gave me any problems

08mojo

Established Member
I completely disagree with this. I have owned a 5.7 hemi ram with mds for the past 4.5 years and i absolutely hate the mds. I drive in country roads 85% of the time. I shut the mds off everytime i get in my truck. Maybe the SRT is different, but i could tell you everytime the mds kicked on blindfolded. I work on a busy road and could even tell you when a ram or gm with mds goes by. To me sounds like driving under water. It is def not seamless (for me anyway). Definitely can be felt in performance. I still average 17-18.5mpg hand calculated without the mds. so that is good enough for me with a truck. If i wanted a 4 cylinder truck i would have bought one. just my $.02

Perhaps they have perfected/refined it on the 6.4, because it truly is unobtrusive. I can hear a slight difference in the exhaust note, but that's about it. The switch between 4 and 8 cylinders is instantaneous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread