Hellcat or S6

Never_Enough

Established Member
think of the person that's going to drop $125k on a car. they don't want stripes, huge wings, crazy badges, and other bullshit. the car has every carbon fiber option---mirrors, rear valence, front splitter, etc etc. trust me, it stands out from the run of the mill a7
I'm sure it does stand out from the A7, but the A7 is also boring so...

Also, many folks dropping $125k on a car do want to stand out hence the other options available.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I'm sure it does stand out from the A7, but the A7 is also boring so...

Also, many folks dropping $125k on a car do want to stand out hence the other options available.

fair enough. I have two loud and obnoxious cars, so I prefer to fly under the radar with the audi. I can assure you nothing is boring about a car that can walk a hellcat.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
RS7's are beasts, but, "almost double" the cost of a HC.

AWD to boot as well.

I love the way they look and sound. Plus, that kind of speed out of a 4-door car and they are higher end luxury cars as well.

phils04gt

Established Member
I test drove a 2013 Audi S6 with 37k miles on it the other day. They are asking 38k. I am looking for something that I can haul the twins (just found out) around in. I am not ready to give up fast cars yet. Needs to be able to be driven in the winter too.

The s6 was pretty quick. The car had a lot of features that I didn't have time to go through while on the test drive. I actually had to stop and Google how to utilize the launch control. Overall the car was solid, but I am afraid to pull the trigger as the warranty has expired and I don't know the first thing about them.

I am thinking SRT8 Cherokee, Tesla Model S, S6, or I can keep my current SHO and toss a tune on it.

Perfect timing for this thread.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@phils04gt .....That S6 is a bad mamba jamba! I would pass on one that has no warranty, not saying it's guaranteed to break, but if it does and its major, bend over and prepare to receive ****....If they offer to certify it, factory/extended warranty then game on.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I test drove a 2013 Audi S6 with 37k miles on it the other day. They are asking 38k. I am looking for something that I can haul the twins (just found out) around in. I am not ready to give up fast cars yet. Needs to be able to be driven in the winter too.

The s6 was pretty quick. The car had a lot of features that I didn't have time to go through while on the test drive. I actually had to stop and Google how to utilize the launch control. Overall the car was solid, but I am afraid to pull the trigger as the warranty has expired and I don't know the first thing about them.

I am thinking SRT8 Cherokee, Tesla Model S, S6, or I can keep my current SHO and toss a tune on it.

Perfect timing for this thread.

You need to tune your SHO! Give LMS a call and get'r done man. You'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner!

phils04gt

Established Member
The S6 was certified back in January 2017 and was good until 2019, but apparently if you trade it to a dealer(at small mom/pop dealer now), you lose the certified warranty deal.

I am reluctant to tune the SHO as it just hit 90k miles and it still has a ford powertrain warranty on it until August 2019 or 104k miles. I have driven the SHO about 10k miles now without any mechanical issue so I might just go ahead and toss a LMS tune on it and let her rip.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The S6 was certified back in January 2017 and was good until 2019, but apparently if you trade it to a dealer(at small mom/pop dealer now), you lose the certified warranty deal.

I am reluctant to tune the SHO as it just hit 90k miles and it still has a ford powertrain warranty on it until August 2019 or 104k miles. I have driven the SHO about 10k miles now without any mechanical issue so I might just go ahead and toss a LMS tune on it and let her rip.

Tuned mine with their 93 race tune around 50k miles and have 82k it now. I bought the LMS MyCal used, plugs, 3-bar sensor and 170 degree thermostat new and costs $605 all said and done. I too have a 100k power train warranty and I'm not worried about it, personally.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

You really have 2 options for the S6. Purchase certified and spend 10-15k more for 3 to 4 years of warranty or try to get it as low as possible knowing you may need to spend $10k to fix something if it goes bad.

If you like the car, and have a good relationship with an Audi tech I’d get the 13 at $35k or so after it clears independent ppi.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You really have 2 options for the S6. Purchase certified and spend 10-15k more for 3 to 4 years of warranty or try to get it as low as possible knowing you may need to spend $10k to fix something if it goes bad.

If you like the car, and have a good relationship with an Audi tech I’d get the 13 at $35k or so after it clears independent ppi.
Piggy backing on this, if he is considering door #2, hop on the Audi forums and maybe local facebook for an independent Audi shop in his area. When I had my S4, found a local shop that only does Audi/VW. Guy knew every model inside out and did great work for about 2/3 the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread