Hellcat or S6

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
My mechanic/good friend says the same thing. I mentioned to him I might be interested in purchasing an Audi before I bought my new truck and he sighed. lol
He then told me about the maintenance and the costs.

Yup. Every person says the same thing about the expense on the up keep of them.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t dispute the superb fit and finish of Audi, but I’m on a buy American kick for several years. I do like the resurgence of muscle by the big three. I just can’t stomach the cost of German costs anymore. They can make brilliant machines, but tend to make them stupidly complex too.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
How is it expensive if it's under warranty?

You still have a deductible and they try and get out of paying anything they can saying oh that's not covered under your warranty. And if you start modifying the car, kiss any coverage goodbye.
An oil change, brakes, rotors, tires, all that isn't covered.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
He didn't say they're faster, he said they get out in front because of AWD. You see the S6 getting reeled in at the top end after the hellcat spun at the start.
And why I said drag radials.
The Audi AWD doesn’t really get out on a DR equipped HC. Again, I speak from experience
-J

_Snake_

Established Member
You still have a deductible and they try and get out of paying anything they can saying oh that's not covered under your warranty. And if you start modifying the car, kiss any coverage goodbye.
An oil change, brakes, rotors, tires, all that isn't covered.

So basically the same as having any other vehicle under warranty. Got it.

Have you ever owned an Audi and taken it to the dealership for service or repairs?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
And why I said drag radials.
The Audi AWD doesn’t really get out on a DR equipped HC. Again, I speak from experience
-J
I have experience with both too, you aren't dropping the clutch at 5k like you can on an AWD car. No DR is planting that without spinning. AWD has the advantage 90% on the street and 75% on the track. If they laid down a lot of VHT then maybe you'll holeshot, but not typical on a T&T night.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have experience with both too, you aren't dropping the clutch at 5k like you can on an AWD car. No DR is planting that without spinning. AWD has the advantage 90% on the street and 75% on the track. If they laid down a lot of VHT then maybe you'll holeshot, but not typical on a T&T night.
Fast Hellcats have A8s. I doubt there's a manual S6 and there's no manual Charger, so clutch argument not really valid.
Again, 100% stock HC on stock sized Nitto DRs is a 10s car, so not worried about S6s.
-J

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Fast Hellcats have A8s. I doubt there's a manual S6 and there's no manual Charger, so clutch argument not really valid.
Again, 100% stock HC on stock sized Nitto DRs is a 10s car, so not worried about S6s.
-J
If you so say, maybe your track is different, but Nitto's are garbage over 500ftlbs. ET Streets barely work for me.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I'm not sure why, but a massively overwhelming majority of Hellcat owners on Hellcat.Org swear by the Nittos. HT555r's mostly. I think it is because there is a perfect size match, so a re-tune for the speed-o isn't needed.

I have always been a huge fan of MT's. I am going to try them sense the are now offering a stock diameter DR.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Freaking love my Scat Pack! Comfortable and a blast to drive. It moves out pretty good for a 4500lb car. Pretty good MPG’s if you stay out of loud pedal. Did I mention how good she sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
-J
I’ve never disputed this. I just said that in a street situation(dirty, oily, dusty) where one can not properly heat up dr(and no vht) the S6 will holeshot the HC every time. Under 100 mph in a street run the S6 wins.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Freaking love my Scat Pack! Comfortable and a blast to drive. It moves out pretty good for a 4500lb car. Pretty good MPG’s if you stay out of loud pedal. Did I mention how good she sounds?

You aren’t kidding I was behind a black 392 RT yesterday and he was getting into it and it sounded good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaz109

Established Member
S6 without a thought. Much ......much nicer place to be if you are driving a lot.

My94GT

Established Member

I think that is what had me loving the one I drove so much. It had power to it still too, but the sound was just perfect.

And guys, I have zero intentions of drag racing or street racing the car. It’s just something fun to drive haha.

Users who are viewing this thread